Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

i heard it on deh youtube. someone called christianmorristv. The 'with deepest sympathy'. interesting though, at 5mins. I think what he is musing about is, if the LDA is made private, who in the now private LDA will benefit from the sales.

He says, "will the Land Development Agency now be made private". i.e. then "privately" sell off parcels of state owned land to commercial developers. This sounds like a no-brainer - F.F.builders will maul them down and make a mint privately for themselves. As usual.

So, pretty much a conspiracy theory then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If for example DCC sells off public land to private developers with no input from the left led* (conspiracy theory*) councilors, is that cool? And if not, can we still blame Gino from PBP when it goes tits up, as it invariably will?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

If for example DCC sells off public land to private developers with no input from the left led* (conspiracy theory*) councilors, is that cool? And if not, can we still blame Gino from PBP when it goes tits up, as it invariably will?

[i'm lost about this], but was the NAMA properties put into the Land Development Agency? So maybe DCC can only sell to the Land Development Agency, who then sell to commercial developers. Will this give the now private LDA the right to 'sell it off for a whistle' if they want to.

Are the EU giving this country E100billion now, due to the Covid. Some of this may very well be used to pay for various building works needed by the State; the State may even subsidise builders to do those various works.
    And if the builders have bought some/the land from the LDA, they win every way.

just sayin'

[i'm lost about this], but was the NAMA properties put into the Land Development Agency? So maybe DCC can only sell to the Land Development Agency, who then sell to commercial developers. Will this give the now private LDA the right to 'sell it off for a whistle' if they want to.

Are the EU giving this country E100billion now, due to the Covid. Some of this may very well be used to pay for various building works needed by the State; the State may even subsidise builders to do those various works.
    And if the builders have bought some/the land from the LDA, they win every way.

just sayin'

The SD's, SF and others reckon the council, (not any councilors) will decide what land does or does not go to the LDA. In-turn the LDA will do what it likes with it. So essentially public land will be up for grabs to private concerns with no input required from elected councilors.
    This is a Fine Gael and Fianna Fail wet dream.

It will be more bad policy passing unhindered with more public land going to private concerns so we can rent off them and use affordable housing that is broadly accepted to cause prices to rise.
    So there may well be more housing.... the tax payer pays through the nose for while the individual is priced out even further.
    At least Noonan doesn't seem to have his good eye on it like the sweet deal NAMA days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Varadkar is some weasal, he would say anything to get approval.

“Why is the garda paid more than the nurse? No reason really… It’s just that one was traditionally a man’s role and one was traditionally a woman’s role. Those things have to change, and it shouldn’t take a generation to change these things,” he said.

FG have been in power 10 years, so no it shouldn't take a generation, but 10 years might be enough to get something started. He takes ownership for nothing, it is always something or someone else's fault.

Ill expect a gender pay gap tax soon to fix this issue as it seems FGs only solution. Tax the middle to pay for their latest woke crusade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

I see Leo has been attempting to shame SF for having no Protestant TDs live on the news at 1

Violet-Anne Wynne not happy

Another day another mess of Leos

“Why is the garda paid more than the nurse? No reason really… It’s just that one was traditionally a man’s role and one was traditionally a woman’s role. Those things have to change, and it shouldn’t take a generation to change these things,” he said.

FG have been in power 10 years, so no it shouldn't take a generation, but 10 years might be enough to get something started. He takes ownership for nothing, it is always something or someone else's fault.

Ill expect a gender pay gap tax soon to fix this issue as it seems FGs only solution. Tax the middle to pay for their latest woke crusade.

I believe the kids call it 'virtue signaling'.

Fine Gael in full blown crisis mode.

Not only is Leo up to his neck in it, Heather making completely inappropriate commentary on an ongoing criminal investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Fine Gael in full blown crisis mode.

Not only is Leo up to his neck in it, Heather now the attention for complete inappropriate commentary on an ongoing criminal investigation

She was never going to be good enough for Justice Minister material. Best suited for opening carnivals, fairs and kissing babies unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’ve never heard that before but that’s actually true :) makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

The opposition need to object to HH confirmation process. She is wholly unsuitable after today’s comments. Bad enough coming from any td but disgraceful from a minister for justice elect

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

I’ve never heard that before but that’s actually true :) makes sense

it makes sense only in the terms of:- Varadkar is angling for the Nurses votes and garda votes. Now, after 10 years of it - not being done.

A weird thing is, one hospital have 50% more now on the waiting list than since February 2020. And if the lockdown is lifted all of the unionised hospitals will be show-cased by the media as the Saviours of the nation.

When the reality is that the hospitals have been empty, and it is the people themselves that have withstood the ill.

it makes sense only in the terms of:- Varadkar is angling for the Nurses votes and garda votes. Now, after 10 years of it - not being done.

A weird thing is, one hospital have 50% more now on the waiting list than since February 2020. And if the lockdown is lifted all of the unionised hospitals will be show-cased by the media as the Saviours of the nation.

When the reality is that the hospitals have been empty, and it is the people themselves that have withstood the ill.

He dont need to worry. He will be well gone by the time voting takes place again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Fann Linn wrote: »
    She was never going to be good enough for Justice Minister material. Best suited for opening carnivals, fairs and kissing babies unfortunately.

Don't think she big on people having any kind of fun, fairs and carnivals would be the devils work in her view

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If I were them, I would be upping the home security right about now. Scary stuff.

Ironic thing is that it's probably people that voted for Brexit blaming them for an outcome of Brexit.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/psni-probes-belfast-wall-graffiti-detailing-home-addresses-of-leo-varadkar-and-simon-coveney-40205910.html

Don't think she big on people having any kind of fun, fairs and carnivals would be the devils work in her view

She's cool if you enjoy abusing animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If I were them, I would be upping the home security right about now. Scary stuff.

Ironic thing is that it's probably people that voted for Brexit blaming them for an outcome of Brexit.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/psni-probes-belfast-wall-graffiti-detailing-home-addresses-of-leo-varadkar-and-simon-coveney-40205910.html

Isn't that basically a rehashed story from earlier in the year, certainly looks like the same graffiti about Leo, which was scrawled on the gable of a loyalist housing estate in Belfast bubba.

The kind of place where you'd expect a lot of residents to vote DUP, if I was Leo and Simon I'd be careful with getting too close to them again. Yeah they might hate shinners, but they have no love in general for Irish folk either, and don't get me started on what they'd think of Leo's sexuality or ethnicity.

But they hate shinners, "and the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

That's the important thing there for Leo to remember.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Isn't that basically a rehashed story from earlier in the year, certainly looks like the same graffiti about Leo, which was scrawled on the gable of a loyalist housing estate in Belfast bubba.

The kind of place where you'd expect a lot of residents to vote DUP, if I was Leo and Simon I'd be careful with getting too close to them again. Yeah they might hate shinners, but they have no love in general for Irish folk either, and don't get me started on what they'd think of Leo's sexuality or ethnicity.

But they hate shinners, "and the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

That's the important thing there for Leo to remember.

Some tangent there McMurphy. 2 senior members of our Government are receiving threats from abroad and you post that waffle rather than simply condemning it?

Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yeah, basically the loyalists still hate the Irish, the Republicans still hate the British.
    I know I know, it's FGs fault.

Some tangent there McMurphy. 2 senior members of our Government are receiving threats from abroad and you post that waffle rather than simply condemning it?

Welcome back.

I condemned it the first time the story was covered, and my condemnation hasn't shifted, and it's hardly a tangent to further elaborate on the type of people who would write such stuff is it?

Loyalists don't care if you are a shinner or a FG Tanaiste, they hold all Irish folk with the same contempt as Simon and Leo are beginning to realise.

• Advertisement

Yeah, basically the loyalists still hate the Irish, the Republicans still hate the British.
    I know I know, it's FGs fault.

The graffiti was the discussion. Not sure why you felt the need to include, Coveney and other republicans. Is it a 'yeah, basically the loyalists still hate the Irish, the Republicans still hate the British.' generalisation? Like republicans hate 'da brits', prodys, white people and women :rolleyes:

Maybe concentrate on the graffiti who did it and FG maybe rethinking their relationship?

Noticed Josepha Madigan was No1 trending in Ireland right now.

Opened the trend to see why.

Seems Josepha Madigan was on Clare Byrne earlier, suggesting the Kerryman newspaper be renamed the "Kerrypeople" for inclusive reasons.

The (female) manager of the newspaper is rightly rubbishing this.

All that money splashed on personal advisers was obviously money well spent. /Sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I had the misfortune of hearing her, and found myself agreeing with Michael Healy-Rae.
    The manager got on the phone and told her that over 80% of the staff are female, that the paper itself isn't in the dark ages, It is an internationally recognised brand name, has recently released an epaper version etc.
    People texted in asking should Woman's way be renamed.. Josepha muttered yes and sidestepped it back to the Kerryman. "Young boys and girls aspiring to grow up.." etc... :rolleyes:
    Waste of time to be talking that nonsense. Did she make an appointment with Clare Byrne? Did she contact her about something important she had to tell the people?
    How did that blather get air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Suckit wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of hearing her, and found myself agreeing with Michael Healy-Rae.
    The manager got on the phone and told her that over 80% of the staff are female, that the paper itself isn't in the dark ages, It is an internationally recognised brand name, has recently released an epaper version etc.
    People texted in asking should Woman's way be renamed.. Josepha muttered yes and sidestepped it back to the Kerryman. "Young boys and girls aspiring to grow up.." etc... :rolleyes:
    Waste of time to be talking that nonsense. Did she make an appointment with Clare Byrne? Did she contact her about something important she had to tell the people?
    How did that blather get air time.

Wandering off topic but was disappointed when Healy Rae was on The week in politics with a picture of JFK behind him, id been hoping for a Sam Fox/Linda Lusardi poster from 1985

Noticed Josepha Madigan was No1 trending in Ireland right now.

Opened the trend to see why.

Seems Josepha Madigan was on Clare Byrne earlier, suggesting the Kerryman newspaper be renamed the "Kerrypeople" for inclusive reasons.

The (female) manager of the newspaper is rightly rubbishing this.

All that money splashed on personal advisers was obviously money well spent. /Sarcasm

As we know social media marketing, companies pay people to keep their presence on social media platforms. I think the social media guru we pay to mind Josepha is after seeping into broadcasting.

I missed this earlier...

Welcome back.

I know Leo thinks fg have an "overseas office" up north, so I can understand your line of thinking there, however a loyalist housing estate in Belfast isn't exactly "abroad" like, it's under an hour away from Dundalk for Christ sake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

NI would be seen as abroad for many people, not least when dealing with large inheritances! ;)

I missed this earlier...

I know Leo thinks fg have an "overseas office" up north, so I can understand your line of thinking there, however a loyalist housing estate in Belfast isn't exactly "abroad" like, it's under an hour away from Dundalk for Christ sake. :D

Merriam Webster
    Definition of abroad
    1: beyond the boundaries of one's country

Strange hill to try and die on there. Are you just going to try and find a fault in all my posts or what? How many hours away from Dundalk would you need to be before you are abroad under the McMurphy dictionary definition?

Fact of the matter is that there are 2 senior members of the Republic's Government getting continuing threats from outside the jurisdiction, and their security teams have been briefed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Merriam Webster
    Definition of abroad
    1: beyond the boundaries of one's country

Strange hill to try and die on there. Are you just going to try and find a fault in all my posts or what? How many hours away from Dundalk would you need to be before you are abroad under the McMurphy dictionary definition?

Fact of the matter is that there are 2 senior members of the Republic's Government getting continuing threats from outside the jurisdiction, and their security teams have been briefed.
    You are being very selective on the definition there. First of all, it says:
    Definition of abroad

1 : beyond the boundaries of one's country : in or to a foreign country traveling abroad hopes to study abroad next year both at home and abroad a family that came here from abroad [=from a foreign country] several years ago

A foreign country is defined as- any state of which one is not a citizen; "working in a foreign country takes a bit of getting used to" or country using foreign language.
    And we all know that anyone born in N.I. automatically gets Irish citizenship. Ireland-UK relations are also not defined as Foreign Countries.

You also chose the U.S. version, which also has other definitions, The UK version which we generally recommend and use on this side of the Atlantic defines it as:
    abroad
    adverb [ after verb ]
    uk
    /əˈbrɔːd/ us
    /əˈbrɑːd/
    abroad adverb [after verb] (OTHER COUNTRY)
    B1
    in or to a foreign country or countries:

But both also define it as also meaning
    Outside, not at home and other meanings which are not really used any more.

• Advertisement

I was abroad when I went from one part of Leinster to another? Fancy.
    I imagine one is 'abroad' if visiting an embassy?

You have to admire the depths folk are willing to embarrass themselves nit picking terminology and redefining the meaning of words to try do damage control for Fine Gael.

Can we argue calling sections of the Irish province of Ulster 'abroad' isn't 'a thing'? :rolleyes:

Advertisement