Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I was abroad when I went from one part of Leinster to another? Fancy.
    I imagine one is 'abroad' if visiting an embassy?

You have to admire the depths folk are willing to embarrass themselves nit picking terminology and redefining the meaning of words to try do damage control for Fine Gael.

Can we argue calling sections of the Irish province of Ulster 'abroad' isn't 'a thing'? :rolleyes:

You do realise that McMurphy was the one that came in nitpicking about my post yeah? And I have no idea what damage control you are talking about here.

Bizarre.

Suckit wrote: »
    You are being very selective on the definition there. First of all, it says:

A foreign country is defined as- any state of which one is not a citizen; "working in a foreign country takes a bit of getting used to" or country using foreign language.
    And we all know that anyone born in N.I. automatically gets Irish citizenship. Ireland-UK relations are also not defined as Foreign Countries.

You also chose the U.S. version, which also has other definitions, The UK version which we generally recommend and use on this side of the Atlantic defines it as:

But both also define it as also meaning
    Outside, not at home and other meanings which are not really used any more.

You love an argument for the sake of it don't you. To what end I've no idea.

My original post is perfectly clear for anyone not being deliberately contrary. Threats are being received by Government ministers from outside the jurisdiction they govern. Call that whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You love an argument for the sake of it don't you. To what end I've no idea.

My original post is perfectly clear for anyone not being deliberately contrary. Threats are being received by Government ministers from outside the jurisdiction they govern. Call that whatever you want.
    No argument there, I was just correcting/pointing out omissions on your post.

No argument there, I was just correcting/pointing out omissions on your post.

No corrections at all required to my post. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You do realise that McMurphy was the one that came in nitpicking about my post yeah? And I have no idea what damage control you are talking about here.

Bizarre.

What's bizarre is you taking every comment personally.

This is you yeah?
    Some tangent there McMurphy. 2 senior members of our Government are receiving threats from abroad and you post that waffle rather than simply condemning it?

Welcome back.

Or will you later try claim you are casually commenting on what some SD said on twitter?

• Advertisement

What's bizarre is you taking every comment personally.

This is you yeah?

Or will you later try claim you are casually commenting on what some SD said on twitter?

You seem confused James. Maybe read back the posts in chronological order? McMurphy came in to nitpick about my use of the word 'abroad'. You are giving out about nitpicking, I sinply pointed out to you that it was McMurphy, not me, that was nitpicking over it.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

At this point I'd like to offer my thoughts and prayers to all the poor mother's and father's who have to wave goodbye each morning to their children as they make their journeys abroad to their schools.

4km away in the next county.

You seem confused James. Maybe read back the posts in chronological order? McMurphy came in to nitpick about my use of the word 'abroad'. You are giving out about nitpicking, I sinply pointed out to you that it was McMurphy, not me, that was nitpicking over it.

Simple.

I'm talking about your use of the word 'abroad'. As were McMurphy and yourself. You even posted the definition.
    You were trying to justify the use of it. I'm criticising the use of it.

I'm talking about your use of the word 'abroad'. As were McMurphy and yourself. You even posted the definition.

Even Leo apologised to nationalists living in the north for using the term "overseas" to describe the six counties.

Taoiseach: I'm sincerely sorry for referring to north as 'overseas'

Criticise away mate. I doesn't change anything about my post, which remains fully understandable and accurate.

Nitpicking for the sake of it. Gas.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Even Leo apologised to nationalists living in the north for using "overseas".

Taoiseach: I'm sincerely sorry for referring to north as 'overseas'

He was kicking it old school the other day. Now he's no longer Taoiseach he was out making promises of all the things he'll do to make sure people get a fair wage etc. etc.. With no specifics and more than likely no follow through.

Criticise away mate. I doesn't change anything about my post, which remains fully understandable and accurate.

Nitpicking for the sake of it. Gas.

Commenting on the use of 'abroad', as with 'confidential' and 'recent', we both know where the pedantry lies.

Commenting on the use of 'abroad', as with 'confidential' and 'recent', we both know where the pedantry lies.

Once again, McMurphy is is the one that nitpicked on the use of 'abroad'. Feel free to PM him if you still have an issue with being pedantic about it.

Once again, McMurphy is is the one that nitpicked on the use of 'abroad'. Feel free to PM him if you still have an issue with being pedantic about it.

It's a discussion site, for discussing things. I found your "abroad" comment odd, I even mentioned Leo and his overseas comment when I picked up on it.

It would appear mighty odd to me if someone posts something here, which has shown to be controversial to some (see Leo's apology), and technically incorrect anyway, to describe six other counties on the same island, and them get annoyed about anyone wanting to "nit pick" part of the discussion, on a web site for discussing things.

The poor province of Ulster must feel rightly cheated that 3/9 counties are abroad from each other.... That's worth commenting on bubbs.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's a discussion site, for discussing things. I found your "abroad" comment odd, I even mentioned Leo and his overseas comment when I picked up on it.

It would appear mighty odd to me if someone posts something here, which has shown to be controversial to some (see Leo's apology), and technically incorrect anyway, to describe six other counties on the same island, and them get annoyed about anyone wanting to "nit pick" part of the discussion, on a web site for discussing things.

The poor province of Ulster must feel rightly cheated that 3/9 counties are abroad from each other.... That's worth commenting on bubbs.

I'm honoured to hear that you feel my opinions are worth commenting on Murphy, but this isn't a thread about Bubbaclaus.

Fact of the matter is that 2 senior members of our government are receiving threats from another jurisdiction and some people seem more worried about my use of the word 'abroad' over the security of our government judging by the nitpicking going on here.

I'm honoured to hear that you feel my opinions are worth commenting on Murphy, but this isn't a thread about Bubbaclaus.

Fact of the matter is that 2 senior members of our government are receiving threats from another jurisdiction and some people seem more worried about my use of the word 'abroad' over the security of our government judging by the nitpicking going on here.

I condemned it when the story broke in Jan, my condemnation hasn't shifted.

Why do you think I shouldn't be allowed to pass further comment though? Initially you thought I went off on a tangent, because I aired my thoughts on the type of people in a loyalist housing estate in Belfast, who would write graffiti about politicians from the Dail, and now you're confused why I picked up on your "abroad" comment.

It's been explained, I thought it was an odd term to use, considering Leo (leader of FG) did similar a while ago and had to pull his horns in and apologise for doing so.

You're the one used it and defended the use of it. Not a big deal just getting the facts straight.

You're the one used it and defended the use of it. Not a big deal just getting the facts straight.

You came in randomly accusing me of nitpicking, when it was the opposite was the case and someone was nitpicking about words used by me. If you are changing your argument now then fair enough but at least be upfront and honest about it. If anyone is bothered enough to see the real "facts" they can go back and check all of that, so no need for dishonesty.

This thread has been pulled off topic enough as it is by this silly vendetta against my innocuous post, so i'm going to leave it go now.

Good luck.

You came in randomly accusing me of nitpicking, when it was the opposite was the case and someone was nitpicking about words used by me. If you are changing your argument now then fair enough but at least be upfront and honest about it. If anyone is bothered enough to see the real "facts" they can go back and check all of that, so no need for dishonesty.

This thread has been pulled off topic enough as it is by this silly vendetta against my innocuous post, so i'm going to leave it go now.

Good luck.

Not randomly, specifically. You posted a definition of 'abroad'.
    No vendetta. If you put your hand up in the first place we wouldn't still be discussing it.

Not randomly, specifically. You posted a definition of 'abroad'.
    No vendetta. If you put your hand up in the first place we wouldn't still be discussing it.
    And doubled down with a partial definition.

• Advertisement

Has there been any answer to this?
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40192503.html
    I would love to know how this guy got the contract. Did he knock on FG doors? "I'm real good at finding stuff on the internets.." ?
    Then google "Chinese Ventilators"..
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40248239.html?type=amp
    A festival management company that imported €10m worth of Chinese ventilators for the HSE which were never used sold two high-spec luxury cars for approximately €325,000 on the same day earlier this year.

Roqu Media International, a sister company of Roqu Group, sold a 2017 Maserati Gran Turismo and a 2017 Ferrari 488 Spyder to a dealership in Dublin on January 26.

Roqu first purchased the Maserati on March 14, 2020, nine days before the company received €14.1m from the HSE for the procurement of 328 ventilators from China.

In the end, just 64 devices were delivered, with Roqu returning €3.8m, while the HSE has engaged the services of legal firm Philip Lee to aid it in recouping some or all of the €10.3m outstanding via dispute resolution...

Has there been any answer to this?
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40192503.html
    I would love to know how this guy got the contract. Did he knock on FG doors? "I'm real good at finding stuff on the internets.." ?
    Then google "Chinese Ventilators"..
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40248239.html?type=amp

I was posting about this earlier, Roisin Shorthall is waiting a while now on Leo clearing a few things up for her.

https://twitter.com/nwl88444048/status/1373326139909935104?s=09

Is Leo the political contact?

Meanwhile Robert Quirke hiding out in some other Country. This thread has more in common with the gangster thread every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I wouldn't have thought so, considering they removed him from the party 24 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I wouldn't have thought so, considering they removed him from the party 24 years ago.

Were they not looking him back to vote for them a while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Seems to be not much going on in FG land if we are talking about Lowry, who has not been a FG member for almost 25 years.

Wait until the Siteserv findings come out and the other Noonan sweet deal up north being investigated comes to resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Eh, no, never heard that. Think you are making that one up.

• Advertisement

Was that the confidence in Eoghan Murphy vote that you're referring to Francie?

He scraped through with 3 votes on that one.

Michael Lowry.
    Noel Grealish.
    Dennis Naughten.

None of the 3 would be a stranger to controversial headline.

Advertisement