Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

1. What the **** is an effendi?

2. Can you put that post in English or something that can be read by a normal person?

:confused:

Title of respect dude, didn’t realise you weren’t familiar with the term .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effendi

:confused: What kind of people am I dealing with here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just realised that Brenners is actually the Moroccan ambassador.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Someone who understands English, not the rant of a post that makes zero sense in which I asked can you repeat it in English

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yurt! wrote: »
    Remember, Brendan is not an angry man. His hundreds of variations of the same post about crusties and magic money trees are actually expressions of his even-temperment and not deep seated fury about something or other.

He does have a point though, dude. There's a special type of person who is interested in politics, yet doesn't have a clue about a country is ran; the concept of difficult decisions, limited budgets, human foibles, institutional inefficiencies, and so on. They also don't seem to realise they live in one of the best, fairest, and safest countries in the world.

So these hugely naive, idealistic, and slightly stupid people believe that handing the keys of the kingdom over to a bunch of murderers, smugglers, rent dodgers, anti-vaxxers, and kiddie fiddlers would be a good idea. Despite the North showing SF are about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop at running a country.

It's dangerous populism, Yurt, and people are falling for it. FG are a true Republican party, and are the last line of defense against a sinister group who can't even bring themselves to give the country it's correct title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He does have a point though, dude. There's a special type of person who is interested in politics, yet doesn't have a clue about a country is ran; the concept of difficult decisions, limited budgets, human foibles, institutional inefficiencies, and so on. They also don't seem to realise they live in one of the best, fairest, and safest countries in the world.

So these hugely naive, idealistic, and slightly stupid people believe that handing the keys of the kingdom over to a bunch of murderers, smugglers, rent dodgers, anti-vaxxers, and kiddie fiddlers would be a good idea. Despite the North showing SF are about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop at running a country.

It's dangerous populism, Yurt, and people are falling for it. FG are a true Republican party, and are the last line of defense against a sinister group who can't even bring themselves to give the country it's correct title.

Yes Dude. Of course dude.

I suppose you're not part of the angry brigade as well with your tedium and constant mud slinging.

• Advertisement

Yes Dude. Of course dude.

I suppose you're not part of the angry brigade as well with your tedium and constant mud slinging.

I'm not sure what your point is, my friend? I'd imagine to the casual reader it wouldn't be The Brenner, or, indeed, myself being accused of being angry, emotional, and incoherent.

You shouldn't let politics make you this angry. Some of that energy could be used to actually join a party or something. Some friendly advice for you there, dude.

I'm not sure what your point is, my friend? I'd imagine to the casual reader it wouldn't be The Brenner, or, indeed, myself being accused of being angry, emotional, and incoherent.

You shouldn't let politics make you this angry. Some of that energy could be used to actually join a party or something. Some friendly advice for you there, dude.

Johnny, yourself and your pal Brendan (who I'm not convinced isn't a multi of yours) spend an inordinate amount of time slating people and anyone you perceive to be political opposition. You are among one of the most ill-tempered and passive aggressive posters on this forum. And that takes some going. Dude.

If you're trying to convince people reading this you don't spend large parts of your day foaming at the mouth hammering at your keyboard and tilting at poltical windmills, you're doing a poor job.

(Did I forget to say dude in keeping with you're silly little boards patios?)

Johnny, yourself and your pal Brendan (who I'm not convinced isn't a multi of yours) spend an inordinate amount of time slating people and anyone you perceive to be political opposition. You are among one of the most ill-tempered and passive aggressive posters on this forum. And that takes some going. Dude.

If you're trying to convince people reading this you don't spend large parts of your day foaming at the mouth hammering at your keyboard and tilting at poltical windmills, you're doing a poor job.

(Did I forget to say dude in keeping with you're silly little boards patios?)

Brendan and I are not the same poster, have never met, and just happen to have broadly similar political views - centrists, no nonsense, able to cut through populist bullshít, believe hard work should be rewarded, able to spot vested interests, and people engaging in the dark arts of soapboxing.

That annoys Shinners, as they don't like the slate of that party being lifted so people can examine the various slugs and creepy-crawlies slithering around underneath the thin veneer of respectability they put on. The nonces, the serial killers, the police killers, the smugglers etc.

Brendan and I are not the same poster, have never met, and just happen to have broadly similar political views - centrists, no nonsense, able to cut through populist bullshít, believe hard work should be rewarded, able to spot vested interests, and people engaging in the dark arts of soapboxing.

That annoys Shinners, as they don't like the slate of that party being lifted so people can examine the various slugs and creepy-crawlies slithering around underneath the thin veneer of respectability they put on. The nonces, the serial killers, the police killers, the smugglers etc.

I'm sorry, I got a good chuckle out of this one. Have a good evening Johnny / Brendan.

Don't let the blood pressure get to you...

...dude

I'm sorry, I got a good chuckle out of this one. Have a good evening Johnny / Brendan.

Don't let the blood pressure get to you...

...dude

Have a good one, dude. All this thing is only a bit of banter and rib-tickling. Only a moron would take it seriously. A bit like SF's election manifesto. :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus John, you blew out the full bag on that post.

Could hardly top that mesell.

Me fuhhking screen shriveled up when I read it.

An aside..... my golf trolley + golf bag took off into a penalty area today
    ( water hazard)..had to go knee deep in to get it out, clubs soaked, luckily
    Phone survived, had to abandon ship due water contamination.

And people wonder why I seem angry.

Wallet of notes at the bottom of the lake and a sleeve of Callaway Tour Soft also gone.

Poor Dara Calleary got lucky.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

FG flood relief project in West Cork look to have failed spectacularly. New flood defences tended by the have seem pump failure in both Skibbereen and Bandon. After extensive works that disrupted both towns the defences have failed their first tests since completion and now serious questions will need to be answered.

https://twitter.com/voteTimLombard/status/1298042829646766080?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Muahahaha wrote: »
    David Cullinane on the TV3 news just there saying that Fine Gael have always shouted that a Sinn Fein government would be a chaotic one but it is Fine Gael themselves who are the ones delivering the chaos , ouch! :D

Anyway how much longer can Phil hang on by his fingernails? Leo looking increasingly weak now that he hasnt been able to get rid of him behind the scenes to the EU

Leo, or anyone else in Ireland, has no power to remove Hogan. The most Varadkar could do is probably expel him from FG. That won't make much difference anyway as I can't imagine he'll ever stand for election again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    FG flood relief project in West Cork look to have failed spectacularly. New flood defences tended by the have seem pump failure in both Skibbereen and Bandon. After extensive works that disrupted both towns the defences have failed their first tests since completion and now serious questions will need to be answered.

FG flood relief project?
    Come again?

smurgen wrote: »

Good call S, saw Mr Coveney and Paschal Donohoe fitting that themselves only a year ago.

FFS is the Govt. responsible for everything?

First step, check with whoever signed off on the system and the company who installed it and maintained it.

Jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

tobsey wrote: »
    Leo, or anyone else in Ireland, has no power to remove Hogan. The most Varadkar could do is probably expel him from FG. That won't make much difference anyway as I can't imagine he'll ever stand for election again.

Optics, always the optics,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »

Nobody claimed Varadkar had the power.
    You're right its all windiw dressing. We need 'change the way we do business'.

Leo's last act as Taoiseach was to appoint Séamus Woulfe to the Supreme Court

Another mistake by Leo

Another mistake by Leo

At it again, another mistake allegedly by Sèamus Woulfe.

You guys must think the Govt. are actually personally responsible for every act made by anyone in the state.

Meanwhile the bullhorn brigade and the Shinners concentrate on trying to ‘break the State’ while they seethe on the sidelines trying to convince the electorate they actually want to be in power.

The electorate are way more savvy than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Looks like Phil has survived with a genuine excuse.

• Advertisement

Lot of froth on the river tonight.... storm brewing.

Big pike on the hook, pullin’ hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like Phil has survived with a genuine excuse.

What would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Lot of froth on the river tonight.... storm brewing.

Big pike on the hook, pullin’ hard.

Big Phil will get off the hook Brendi...don't be worrying. But my oh my the damage he has done. What a trout.

Big Phil will get off the hook Brendi...don't be worrying. But my oh my the damage he has done. What a trout.

He has damaged Leo and Michaél regardless if he stays or goes, not a good look for either.

Holding firm here Francie, fortified by a few cans of strong Polish lager.

Hope there aren’t folk with egg on there faces.

Twenty pages of docs, Francie .

Breaking, few lads from the Monaghan aree lifted for atm stuff.

Off topic ..sorry.. just thought you’d like to know

Part of some ‘organisation’ it’s alleged.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    He has damaged Leo and Michaél regardless if he stays or goes, not a good look for either.

A member of FG went rogue and had to be asked again and again to stop lying and tell all of the truth.

There is also the matter of a FG appointed Judge requiring an investigation.

And after the dust settles do we get a look at the whole, now real Golden Circle antics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Another mistake by Leo

Poor Leo is supposed to look into the crystal ball and predict the future.

Surely you can't have the expectation that Taoisigh are held responsible for every single error by public servants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

seligehgit wrote: »

Surely you can't have the expectation that Taoisigh are held responsible for every single error by public servants

He's his public servant. The irony of the term 'public servant' is not lost on me.
    He was appointed as Attorney General in June 2017 on the nomination of Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, at the formation of the 31st Government of Ireland, succeeding Máire Whelan. At the time of his appointment, he was active with Fine Gael in Dublin Bay North.[15] He was seen by ministers to be a trusted adviser to Varadkar.[19]

TBF, nothing to see here...
    Woulfe briefly returned to practice at the bar in June 2020 following the end of his period as Attorney General.[36] In July 2020, he was nominated by the Government to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court of Ireland that had been left following the retirement of Mary Finlay Geoghegan.[36] Taoiseach Micheál Martin said his appointment was recommended by the Judicial Appointments Advisory Board and had not been part of government negotiations.[37] Woulfe informed Leo Varadkar in February 2020 that he would apply to the JAAB for a Supreme Court position.[38] He was appointed on 23 July 2020 and made his judicial declaration the following day in the Supreme Court.[39][40]

Unfortunately the golfing piss up paints a poor picture when we see the law makers, upholders of the law all getting pissed up while flouting their own regulations.

I don't accept that.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Yes If any manager in any job appoints someone who is not fit to do the job (we now know this clown wasn't fit to be in a job of that nature), they made a mistake appointing him.

Advertisement