Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, that's what you get when you vote for FF! :P

I wouldn.t mind having Sean Fleming as leader of FF,, I like him, I think he would do a good job.

SF only ran 1 candidate in my constituency at the last GE,, But if they run 2 candidates at the next GE, My first and second preferences on the ballot paper may well change next time round..

So you may now call me an ex FF voter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

My local FG'er lost her seat. Likely to run again or would someone else get a go?

So many FG'ers just made it in, on 7th or 8th count, some big names too.

Makes you wonder if they will do anything so as to not have another GE anytime soon..

satguy wrote: »
    So many FG'ers just made it in, on 7th or 8th count, some big names too.

Makes you wonder if they will do anything so as to not have another GE anytime soon..

They've the ego to chance it. Its their biggest trait and biggest flaw. They underestimate how pissed off the public are with them. Never their fault. The golf piss up with vulture fund/Cerberus related folk in attendance isn't a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is smartarsey but after the dogs dinner she made of the predicament she found herself in, would it not be inviting more disaster?

https://twitter.com/AlexandraDubli1/status/1299036846400376838

• Advertisement

This is smartarsey but after the dogs dinner she made of the predicament she found herself in, would it not be inviting more disaster?

https://twitter.com/AlexandraDubli1/status/1299036846400376838

She was incompetent in Justice, at best incompetent. Mind Hogan was no prize pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fitzgerald would be a disaster, she already tried to play senior camogie and it ended up with her misleading the Dail and having to resign as Minister for Justice.

The EU has had enough with Phils lies for the past week so we need to be sending someone who is beyond reproach, Francis Fitzgerald is not that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Fitzgerald would be a disaster, she already tried to play senior camogie and it ended up with her misleading the Dail and having to resign as Minister for Justice.

The EU has had enough with Phils lies for the past week so we need to be sending someone who is beyond reproach, Francis Fitzgerald is not that.

I hope somebody will say it. These senior FG Ministers and MEPs will lie and lie to hold on to their positions. Hogan defied his government and lied through his teeth to hold on. Fitzgerald 'misled' to hold on too.
    We don't need that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Muahahaha wrote: »

She's 70 years old, people are sick of the same old doddering fools getting positions they haven't a clue about, give it to someone who Doesn't need an adult nappy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She's 70 years old, people are sick of the same old doddering fools getting positions they haven't a clue about, give it to someone who Doesn't need an adult nappy

Any suggestions there, dude?

• Advertisement

Any suggestions there, dude?

It'll be some random FFer, , McSharry would be my guess, younger donkey but maybe bigger donkey

If they nominate Frances, Von Der Leyen's Twitter feed will light up with alerts to check out the Maurice McCabe story.

Another **** show waiting to happen if FG are stupid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You may as well cancel Europe if they let someone like MacSharry near any class of Commission portfolio. I wouldn't let the man run a tuck shop

Yurt! wrote: »
    You may as well cancel Europe if they let someone like MacSharry near any class of Commission portfolio. I wouldn't let the man run a tuck shop

Hrs about as popular as genital warts in the Dail so any chance to inflict him on someone else will be jumped at

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hope somebody will say it. These senior FG Ministers and MEPs will lie and lie to hold on to their positions. Hogan defied his government and lied through his teeth to hold on. Fitzgerald 'misled' to hold on too.
    We don't need that.

The auld ‘telling lies’ expression so beloved of the bullhorn brigade becoming popular again??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The auld ‘telling lies’ expression so beloved of the bullhorn brigade becoming popular again??

2 things FG are great at

1. Lies
    2. Saying "But Sinn Fein"

I see now that big Phil Hogan will now pick up a €440K golden handshake.

You would think they would add the extra €60K and round it up to a cool Half Million for him..

The rest uf us will have to wait until we are 68 for our pensions.. But no half mil ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If they nominate Frances, Von Der Leyen's Twitter feed will light up with alerts to check out the Maurice McCabe story.

Another **** show waiting to happen if FG are stupid enough.

Von Der Leyen is a heavyweight politician and won't be interested in the bottom-feeders, shinnerbots and spooks on Twitter.

She can do her own homework and read the Charleton report, which exonerated Francis Fitzgerald.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/frances-fitzgerald-acted-appropriately-at-all-times-charleton-1.3660184

Von Der Leyen is a heavyweight politician and won't be interested in the bottom-feeders, shinnerbots and spooks on Twitter.

She can do her own homework and read the Charleton report, which exonerated Francis Fitzgerald.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/frances-fitzgerald-acted-appropriately-at-all-times-charleton-1.3660184

Oh she can red the report if she likes but the salient, relevant and warning part is how she misled the House, almost brought down the government and had to do exactly what Phil had to do...fall on her own sword.

She was happy to see Hogan go over flouting Covid regs and telling fibs. Francis was much more of a liability. She'd be nuts to take on another sub par Fine Gaeler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you copy and paste from the report exactly where she was exonerated for misleading the Dail, and her Taoiseach Mark?

I asked about this before but i don't think it's in there though, can you help me find it?

Oh she can red the report if she likes but the salient, relevant and warning part is how she misled the House, almost brought down the government and had to do exactly what Phil had to do...fall on her own sword.

Did you read all that on twitter? Someone of her calibre won't need to take lessons from someone on twitter, but I dare say an official independent report written by Judge would carry more weight than some nativist populists online.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you copy and paste from the report exactly where she was exonerated for misleading the Dail, and her Taoiseach Mark?

I asked about this before but i don't think it's in there though, can you help me find it?

I see you want to go down this rabbit hole again, it wont end well as last time you did that you had lots of egg on your face.

The Charleton Tribunal has fully accepted the evidence of former tánaiste and minister for justice Frances Fitzgerald about her knowledge of, and responses to, an alleged Garda strategy to undermine the reputation of Garda whistleblower Maurice McCabe.

The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald, who was forced to resign from the Government in November 2017 as a result of the political controversy surrounding her role.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see you want to go down this rabbit hole again, it wont end well as last time you did that you had lots of egg on your face.

You must have misread my question.

Where was Frances Fitzgerald exonerated for misleading the Dail and her Taoiseach?

I don't think it did, can you point me towards that specific part please?

Ah the old 'exonerated' in a sentence means she was exonerated for every thing she did.

Usual nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ah the old 'exonerated' in a sentence means she was exonerated for every thing she did.

Usual nonsense.

Did Martina go along with that,I wonder.......uhmmm

McMurphy wrote: »
    You must have misread my question.

Where was Frances Fitzgerald exonerated for misleading the Dail and her Taoiseach?

I don't think it did, can you point me towards that specific part please?

As I said to you last time, the evidence and details given to her by the DOJ was wrong, thus the complete exoneration in the report.

Exonerated against the accusations yes, yes it does actually.

Was the judge lying?
    Was there corruption involved in writing the report?
    Don't like the facts, when it doesn't suit?

So either you are saying the judge was corrupt or he was correct in the report.
    You cant have it both ways.

Exonerated against the accusations yes, yes it does actually.

Was the judge lying?
    Was there corruption involved in writing the report?
    Don't like the facts, when it doesn't suit?

So either you are saying the judge was corrupt or he was correct in the report.
    You cant have it both ways.

The journalist who was on top of this whole affair had this to say and I agree with him. This was why she had to resign and this is why it is more than fair to say she made an utter mess of the whole situation and, like Hogan, was the author of her own misfortune, but blamed everyone else, and almost brought down the whole government, before, like Hogan, she fell on her own sword or was pushed.
    Employer beware!

She had to resign because she misrepresented the extent of her knowledge about what went on in 2015, she was slow in answering legitimate questions, her briefing to the Taoiseach saw him mislead the Dáil, and her department failed to discover important documents to the Disclosures Tribunal.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-30876014.html

P.S. The same bitter yapping is starting to emerge re: Hogan. It's nonsense too. It's the Fine Gael way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

2 things FG are great at

1. Lies
    2. Saying "But Sinn Fein"
    Irish parties all fall into two categories: Ones I don't trust to implement their manifesto, and ones I don't want to implement their manifesto..

Advertisement