Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    She resigned for having LV mislead the dail and her generally shabby incompetence. There's no more to it.
    She's only still in any job because 'we look after our own'.
    So where in that does it deal with her misleading the Dáil and almost bringing down a government?

We're waiting a long long time for it Mark...time to put up or...you know what they say.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats great you've got the link marko,, it has taken long enough. Now it shouldnt be too hard for you to click on the link and then copy and paste where exactly in the report Judge Charleton says that she was exonerated for misleading the Dail

*Awaits with baited breath*

Lads, you are avoiding the real question, and diverting to a different one. Here it is again:
    blanch152 wrote: »
    The real question is whether she would have resigned if the findings of the Charleton Report were known at the time of her resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Lads, you are avoiding the real question, and diverting to a different one. Here it is again:

Did she or did she not resign because she had misled the Taoiseach and consequently the Dáil?

That is what was claimed and you can forget about the Carleton Report - as we have seen there is no mention of why she had to resign in it (if there is, you post the relevant section as Mark is finding it hard to find it)...the utter hames she made of her brief and the government she almost brought down because she did precisely the same thing as Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch you may as well be asking "if Frances had balls would she be a Francis".

Time to give it up, yourself and marko have painted yourselves into another corner chief, I suspect just like the other question we keep asking, this one too will be forever ignored and glossed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why not answer the question before bringing us to your side or follow on supposed real question?

She resigned because of her incompetence and making LV mislead the Dail.

You are unwilling to address it. Understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch you may as well be asking "if Frances had balls would she be a Francis".

Time to give it up, yourself and marko have painted yourselves into another corner chief, I suspect just like the other question we keep asking, this one too will be forever ignored and glossed over.

Fine Gael - "Francis Fitzgerald was exonerated by the Charleton Report"
    Everyone else - "But she had to resign for mis-leading the Dail"
    Fine Gael - "But Francis Fitzgerald was exonerated by the Charleton Report"
    Everyone else -"Where does the Charleton Report say she is exonerated for mis-leading the Dail?"
    Fine Gael:

main-qimg-e1d8fdad5c09929619d48de84d5cc9ea

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Good idea sending Josepha Madigan on TV

Dont answer any questions even when asked to answer questions

it's the FG or should I say FFG way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Heard Mary Lou agreeing that pubs should stay closed.

Did you hear that yourself?

Ah yes what about Sinn Féin

She didn't know what she was saying from start. to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah yes what about Sinn Féin

She didn't know what she was saying from start. to finish

Well its fairly stupid to post up a tweet critical of a government minster's view on pub closures when the leader of the opposition and SF, MLMD also agrees with the minister's views.

What is your view on the matter?
    Open pubs, or keep them closed?

• Advertisement

So what? Is MLMD in FG? New low if so. :)

markodaly wrote: »
    Well its fairly stupid to post up a tweet critical of a government minster's view on pub closures when the leader of the opposition and SF, MLMD also agrees with the minister's views.

Only if you play 'support your team' politics.

Still don't know why schools or pubs with a sandwich are safer than pubs without. Pals of FF/FG own pubs that sell food?

Id be more concerned about the fact she said pubs are a danger to people's lives. What evidence has she of this?

I can go to numerous pubs in town tomorrow and get a pint and not be asked to buy food (same rules as people who are eating)

How many cases are linked to these pubs? All "closed"

Id be more concerned about the fact she said pubs are a danger to people's lives. What evidence has she of this?

I can go to numerous pubs in town tomorrow and get a pint and not be asked to buy food (same rules as people who are eating)

How many cases are linked to these pubs? All closed

You didn't answer my question.

Do you think we should open pubs or keep them closed?

You didn't answer my question.

Do you think we should open pubs or keep them closed?

Open sure half them are open this weeks serving takeaways from down the street

Open sure half them are open this weeks serving takeaways from down the street

Grand, then you disagree with SF policy. Just saying!

Grand, then you disagree with SF policy. Just saying!

Yes you do know you can disagree with the party you vote for on certain things

This is not a SF thread BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did MLMD say anything about chicken nuggets, chips or nachos having any miraculous anti viral antibodies?

If FFG and SF are both saying close the pubs, but FFG are saying keep the ones open that sell a bit of grub (as if the grub has some kind of miraculous medicinal chemistry) can remain open, then the tweet above has a bit of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I wonder what Josephine Madigan would make of this? Anyone in FG tackling the meat industry or is it just house parties they're vocal on?

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1300874089708519426?s=19

I see aul Leo is lying yet again. Claiming things that aren't his. What a hollow politician.

https://twitter.com/WhitmoreJen/status/1300896747540156422?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Did MLMD say anything about chicken nuggets, chips or nachos having any miraculous anti viral antibodies?

If FFG and SF are both saying close the pubs, but FFG are saying keep the ones open that sell a bit of grub (as if the grub has some kind of miraculous medicinal chemistry) can remain open, then the tweet above has a bit of merit.

Ah she likes her bit of grub now!

No, I think that was Violet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s fantastic to see how angry the FG party makes some people. Men (always men) grasping at straws, tilting at windmills, and trying to find outrage in even the most innocuous of stories.

Annoying the right type of people as well.

Leo will have to keeps his trap shut over house parties going forward after his own shindig. He's had a great summer in fairness. Cans in the park and then a gaff party to round it all off.

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1298938074030899200?s=19

How many cases are linked to these pubs? All "closed"

How many are linked to meat processing plants? Last I read was over 1500.

It’s fantastic to see how angry the FG party makes some people. Men (always men) grasping at straws, tilting at windmills, and trying to find outrage in even the most innocuous of stories.

Annoying the right type of people as well.

Nahhh hating FG is an all inclusive sport. I have to say this made me lol.

https://twitter.com/ChloeORourke_/status/1300441566067204097?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Nahhh hating FG is an all inclusive sport. I have to say this made me lol.

https://twitter.com/ChloeORourke_/status/1300441566067204097?s=19

Ireland's answer to Michael Portillo...gawd help us all.

Can't wait for the episodes that chart FG/FF's starvation of investment in the railways here and the shortsighted ripping up of infrastructure and capitulation to the road haulage lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ireland's answer to Michael Portillo...gawd help us all.

Can't wait for the episodes that chart FG/FF's starvation of investment in the railways here and the shortsighted ripping up of infrastructure and capitulation to the road haulage lobby.

The IRA weren’t beyond removing rail infrastructure. Usually with Semtex and a telephone warning.

The IRA weren’t beyond removing rail infrastructure. Usually with Semtex and a telephone warning.

Yes, indeed, they set cross-border infrastructure back by decades.

• Advertisement

The IRA were a subversive organisation intent on disrupting the normal operation of the two states.

Nice comparison! I wouldn't have gone that far myself.

Advertisement