Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

McMurphy wrote:
    Did MLMD say anything about chicken nuggets, chips or nachos having any miraculous anti viral antibodies?

People are just complete arseholes on the Internets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The IRA were a subversive organisation intent on disrupting the normal operation of the two states.

Nice comparison! I wouldn't have gone that far myself.

They were a terrorist paramilitary organisation who didn’t recognise the Irish State, Francie.

Subversive makes them sound like a bunch of avant garde artists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

They were a terrorist paramilitary organisation who didn’t recognise the Irish State, Francie.

And it seems some of their elected reps are still trying to break the State.

Few lads did a bit of buckleppin down in Clifden..... major consequences.

Lad exults in havin broken the State..... all brushed over.

Strange...... very strange...

And it seems some of their elected reps are still trying to break the State.

Few lads did a bit of buckleppin down in Clifden..... major consequences.

Lad exults in havin broken the State..... all brushed over.

Strange...... very strange...

Different moral code, Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,741 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Oh look Johnny...I've given you a singe word to replace many words.

Subversive: - tending or intending to subvert or overthrow, destroy, or undermine an established or existing system, especially a legally constituted government or a set of beliefs.

No need to thank me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The IRA weren’t beyond removing rail infrastructure. Usually with Semtex and a telephone warning.

FG and FF austerity has done many many many multiples of damage to Irish rail over the last decade than and terrorist organisation could ever dream of!

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-austerity-1166418-Nov2013/

smurgen wrote:
    FG and FF austerity has done many many many multiples of damage to Irish rail over the last decade than and terrorist organisation could ever dream of!

Goes well beyond just our public transport system!

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Yep hundreds of suicides linked to it too. Just under 500 it's estimated.

https://www.thejournal.ie/suicide-recession-2-1994514-Mar2015/

smurgen wrote:
    Yep hundreds of suicides linked to it too. Just under 500 it's estimated.

Probably a very conservative estimate, very difficult one to estimate, then it's the pressure it put on the rest of society, what a mess

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, indeed, they set cross-border infrastructure back by decades.

And what's the excuse for non border infrastructure? Fairies?

https://www.thecork.ie/2019/02/28/under-investment-in-regional-infrastructure-placing-economic-growth-at-risk-says-ireland-chapter-of-pmi/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I see Twitter is once again the main news source for those dissing on the Government. It must be a slow news day in the main media, or else real sources are drying up.

Just waiting for someone to drag up some ancient gif or meme next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The magic money tree doesn’t exist.

Haven't you heard?

I see Twitter is once again the main news source for those dissing on the Government. It must be a slow news day in the main media, or else real sources are drying up.

Yeh...it's nearly a full week without a crisis in government. Is there somewhere we can complain?

Fine Gael use Twitter everyday. All governments use it. FG even used paid ads on twitter against it's rules.

The magic money tree doesn’t exist.

Only that it does!

Only that it does!

Depends on the hands shaking the tree. Tax exiles seem to have the magic touch!

smurgen wrote: »

Ah yes, the barely coherent musings of @saoirse161616 on Twitter is the start of a developing national scandal.

:D

Ah yes, the barely coherent musings of @saoirse161616 on Twitter is the start of a developing national scandal.

You'd be waiting for RTE to follow up. Sure weren't they part of the golf pissup? They might not get the invite to the next one if they rock the boat.

You'd be waiting for RTE to follow up. Sure weren't they part of the golf pissup? They might not get the invite to the next one if they rock the boat.

I am sure Gemma will be along next to give us the real truth behind the piss-up.

• Advertisement

I am sure Gemma will be along next to give us the real truth behind the piss-up.

ChuckyOurLaw32 with an Ivory Coast flag in his bio will be along to give us a fresh 'man of the people' take on some banal nonevent.

Depends on the hands shaking the tree. Tax exiles seem to have the magic touch!

including ourselves!

ChuckyOurLaw32 with an Ivory Coast flag in his bio will be along to give us a fresh 'man of the people' take on some banal nonevent.

Or Carebare18 to tell us we compare favourable in death rates with obscure countries. Jesus the FG spin unit have gotten some mileage out of that sick puppet account. Playing a blinder!

Dunno Johnny...seems to make perfect sense to me..despite the misspelling. What words are you having difficulty with?

Good to see pressure being put on. Our national health is at stake.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1301114869807296513?s=19

Yes, indeed, they set cross-border infrastructure back by decades.

another useful twitter post for ya.

https://twitter.com/Gaythoven/status/1300464896396668935?s=19

That has nothing to do with my post.

Good to see pressure being put on. Our national health is at stake.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1301114869807296513?s=19

Are you suggesting that the SocDems want pubs opened but meat factories closed? Strange sense of priority.

Are you suggesting that the SocDems want pubs opened but meat factories closed? Strange sense of priority.

Nope. I'm suggesting that the biggest infection generators in the land are being allowed to self regulate. Pubs on the other hand have not had a single case linked to them since they reopened on June 29th. The meat factories are the elephant on the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I see aul Leo is lying yet again. Claiming things that aren't his. What a hollow politician.

https://twitter.com/WhitmoreJen/status/1300896747540156422?s=19

Very snakey.
    I thought he was taking credit for another ministers work, but another party is a good one even for him.

Advertisement