Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It’s fantastic to see how angry the FG party makes some people. Men (always men) grasping at straws, tilting at windmills, and trying to find outrage in even the most innocuous of stories.

Annoying the right type of people as well.

I thought we'd put this to bed in relation to you comments on MLMD over the years?

See what you mean though.
    Ah she likes her bit of grub now!
    blanch152 wrote: »
    No, I think that was Violet.
    The IRA weren’t beyond removing rail infrastructure. Usually with Semtex and a telephone warning.

They were a terrorist paramilitary organisation who didn’t recognise the Irish State, Francie.

Subversive makes them sound like a bunch of avant garde artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What's this Scientology and well known FGer story?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What's this Scientology and well known FGer story?

No idea..... why don’t you tell us, buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

No idea..... why don’t you tell us, buddy

All I heard is that the Church of Scientology have been wining and dining an unnamed FG politician, figured there must be something in it, could be wining and dining multiple politicians from different parties just thought they'd be the kind of people you'd keep a good distance from .

All I heard is that the Church of Scientology have been wining and dining an unnamed FG politician, figured there must be something in it, could be wining and dining multiple politicians from different parties just thought they'd be the kind of people you'd keep a good distance from .

Uhmm ...just heard..... ok dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

smurgen wrote: »
    Or Carebare18 to tell us we compare favourable in death rates with obscure countries. Jesus the FG spin unit have gotten some mileage out of that sick puppet account. Playing a blinder!

This dude?

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1300991623531241474

Seems the chap is getting abuse from both the Gemma O'Doherty sorts and the mouth-breathing Shinnerbots. A venn diagram would show significant overlap to be honest. Here's a selection of the abuse he has received, simply for using figures, stats, and data to disprove lots of the búllshít and nonsensical theories that float around in the swamps of social media.

Lovely selection of abuse he has posted. The fact of the matter is the opinions of anonymous accounts on Twitter mean nothing; it's a cesspit of outrage that appeals to people of below average intelligence who mistake hyperbole for news; and anyone who takes it seriously needs their head examined. That's the calibre of knuckle-dragger that SF attracted with their misguided online army/supporters campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Johnny, stick with me on this one, sorry, but for a man who reckons twitter is full of lowlife malcontent mouth breathing neckbeard (forgive me if that's not word for word, but is definitely the gist of it) dorks, you sure are familiar with it. :pac:

McMurphy wrote: »
    Johnny, stick with me on this one, sorry, but for a man who reckons twitter is full of lowlife malcontent mouth breathing neckbeard (forgive me if that's not word for word, but is definitely the gist of it) dorks, you sure are familiar with it. :pac:

The dude is right Randall, the swamplife who infest twitter and the douche nozzles who slither around on other rim cheese platforms need to realise that Middle Ireland is alive and well and alert to the garbage these tossers are pumping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The dude is right Randall, the swamplife who infest twitter and the douche nozzles who slither around on other rim cheese platforms need to realise that Middle Ireland is alive and well and alert to the garbage these tossers are pumping out.

Swamplife everywhere Brendi...wasn't Twitter that invented them.

Invest in a good scroll wheel and a brain to tell you when to use it.

You should forward that post to Cullinane, Francie.

Might be of interest to the lad.

Wouldn’t be of any interest to me.

• Advertisement

This, I don't even have a twitter account, but it can be a handy source of information on various topics, and of course there's light hearted banter there too, which you will see me link to on here from time to time.

The internet is full of swamplife and fcuktards - thankfully engaging with them is not compulsory.

You should forward that post to Cullinane, Francie.

Might be of interest to the lad.

Wouldn’t be of any interest to me.

You seem to like getting upset about the easily avoidable...just trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

You seem to like getting upset about the easily avoidable...just trying to help.
    Why? Has Cullinane blocked your tweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

It's one thing to watch fascinated and appalled from afar as disgusting animals get down and dirty, it is another to enthusiastically throw yourself into the scene and join in.

Both are familiar with Twitter, but to use the old Irish breakfast analogy, one (the chicken) is involved, the other (the pig) is committed.

It's not too difficult to see why the FF/FG brigade don't like the general public having communication outlets like Facebook and Twitter, even when their own use it for spin.

#WLM :rolleyes:

Theme here...not a normal party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This dude?

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1300991623531241474

Seems the chap is getting abuse from both the Gemma O'Doherty sorts and the mouth-breathing Shinnerbots. A venn diagram would show significant overlap to be honest. Here's a selection of the abuse he has received, simply for using figures, stats, and data to disprove lots of the búllshít and nonsensical theories that float around in the swamps of social media.

Lovely selection of abuse he has posted. The fact of the matter is the opinions of anonymous accounts on Twitter mean nothing; it's a cesspit of outrage that appeals to people of below average intelligence who mistake hyperbole for news; and anyone who takes it seriously needs their head examined. That's the calibre of knuckle-dragger that SF attracted with their misguided online army/supporters campaign.

The same lad that attacked anyone who didn't support his view and regularly cleans tweet history as the narrative changes? The same lad that described nursing homes like this?

https://twitter.com/Troscad_Dbarna/status/1299262023495188480?s=19

Or the same lad that attacked the two Examiner journalists that wrote the golf gate expose and tried to organise a pile only to delete it after the New York times and Guardian ran with the articles.
    The sheen is gone from that sock puppet account and people are wide to it now. Probably fake tweeting abuse as a deflection.

The same lad that attacked anyone who didn't support his view and regularly cleans tweet history as the narrative changes? The same lad that described nursing homes like this?

https://twitter.com/Troscad_Dbarna/status/1299262023495188480?s=19

Or the same lad that attacked the two Examiner journalists that wrote the golf gate expose and tried to organise a pile only to delete it after the New York times and Guardian ran with the articles.
    The sheen is gone from that sock puppet account and people are wide to it now. Probably fake tweeting abuse as a deflection.

https://twitter.com/Troscad_Dbarna/status/1299262406577848321?s=19

Seems Leo's idea of setting up numerous anonymous accounts might be in action. The personality of dishing out attacks and then claiming the victim fits.

Bowie wrote: »
    Seems Leo's idea of setting up numerous anonymous accounts might be in action. The personality of dishing out attacks and then claiming the victim fits.

Yep. It's a cycle you can follow. The account churns out nonsense after nonsense that's roughly the FG line. Then a big story breaks and it has a ****e take and when there's backlash it claims bullying and the cycle repeats again. Every now and again to cover tracks it will suggest an alternative way of doing something in a bit to say how am I a government shill when I'm critical of them. People have wised up to the cleansing of posts in the past now and are screenshoting back up.
    Don't forget that Eoghan Murphy had the same idea of bots and anonymous accounts.

If only he was in government and could do something about it.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1301607168114819074?s=19

• Advertisement

Bizarre that Martin seems powerless to stop him trying to pretend he is setting the agenda. Behaving like an opposition TD to try and curry favour. Is anyone falling for it?

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1301607168114819074?s=19

That's his usual shtick. Agree things are bad like he's not involved.
    Bizarre that Martin seems powerless to stop him trying to pretend he is setting the agenda. Behaving like an opposition TD to try and curry favour. Is anyone falling for it?

LV is trying to play like he's no responsibility and Martin isn't on his team in government. Not a decent manner to run a country.

This thread gets funnier and funnier, with a game of how to interpret a tweet to imagine divisions in government appears to have started now.

blanch152 wrote: »
    This thread gets funnier and funnier, with a game of how to interpret a tweet to imagine divisions in government appears to have started now.

So you're saying he didn't say these things as is signing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the cabinet? The comments I'm seeing from journalists and FF TD's are indicating distain for his deliberate undermine of strategy.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1301252782301884417?s=19

He's trying to be a ditch hurler while part of the game. Beyond useless.

So you're saying he didn't say these things as is signing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the cabinet? The comments I'm seeing from journalists and FF TD's are indicating distain for his deliberate undermine of strategy.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1301252782301884417?s=19

Now where did I say he didn't say these things? It is a fact that he said these things.

After that, opinion comes into play. The opinions being peddled on here in response are the amusing bits. A few examples:

"LV is trying to play like he's no responsibility and Martin isn't on his team in government"
    "Bizarre that Martin seems powerless to stop him trying to pretend he is setting the agenda."
    "If only he was in government and could do something about it."

People are entitled to their opinions, and that is fine, I am not disputing their right to have opinions, neither (unlike others on here) do I try to dispute facts. However, I still have the right to form the opinion that there is nothing to see and that the making of a molehill out of a few specks of dust by those desperate to spin it as some sort of government crisis is really amusing (not to mention some of the obsessional homage to Leo), hence my reference to the game of how to interpret a tweet to imagine divisions in government.

Alleged Green party supporters it seems!

Obviously weren't prepared to open that can of worms.

https://twitter.com/duzBme/status/1301856479390109696?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Leo is after dodging a bullet there by leaving Fitzgerald off the ticket. She can get back in her box now that she is not even getting nominated, I guess the government didnt have confidence in her and its not difficult to see why after that disastrous stint she had in Justice.

Have any of the Fine Gael lads managed to find that bit of the Charleton report that exonerated her for misleading the Dail? Its been a couple of days now, I thought they would be back with the links by now.

Advertisement