Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Well how about this from a couple of days ago where you misrepresent the choice not to behave like an animal as a luxury

"Some had the luxury of choice, others had no choice. "

Caught out again.

Plus never did hear back from you as to why Dessie Ellis a man living in a free house provided to him by the state with a paying job had "no choice".

Is there a point there somewhere?

Re: Ellis. I don't have to justify his motives but I am pretty sure he got involved because as will aways inevitably happen when conflict/war is allowed to break out, it escalated.

Quite bewildering lack of sense to your posting. Is your point 'that there is some innate blood lust in Irish republicans only?'

Or if not, what is your point here?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is there a point there somewhere?

Re: Ellis. I don't have to justify his motives but I am pretty sure he got involved because as will all inevitably happen when conflict/war is allowed to break out, it escalated.

Quite bewildering lack of sense to your posting. Is your point 'that there is some innate blood lust in Irish republicans only?'

Or if not, what is your point here?

So, Ellis had a choice. Good to hear, helps us understand the kind of man he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Dont think its Fine Gael who want some thing forgotton about

I think it is Fine Gael want somethings forgotten about. I said as much. Did you read my comment? I think you're having a different conversation.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Yes but constantly repeating versions of the same stuff and they doing the same,to the same 4 or 5 people (the exact same:eek:) does it change their minds or yours? No
    Its like sending fire engines to the sun
    An endless pointless rigmarole and there's 100s of pages going back years
    Its an obsession
    I usually just scroll down past it unless there's something interesting like the calc grades glitch

Agreed. I was telling a lad only yesterday how boring I find it.
    You can tell they've no genuine interest by the way they use the victims to try hide their blushes when the rest of us are discussing FG's actions in a FG thread.
    You just have to look at the faux outrage from people crowbaring it in. it's pretty poor and disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    You can tell they've no genuine interest by the way they use the victims to try hide their blushes when the rest of us are discussing FG's actions in a FG thread.
    You just have to look at the faux outrage from people crowbaring it in. it's pretty poor and disrespectful.

"Disrespectful"? This from the man supporting the mob who created so many of the victims on the off chance he might get a cheap house.

• Advertisement

Funniest post of the day.

The Number 1 contributor to the thread finds it boring!!!! You couldn't make it up.

He even beat Francie to No.1 spot, yet he finds it boring.

I don't even think there are enough letters to describe how much laughing I am doing.

"Disrespectful"? This from the man supporting the mob who created so many of the victims on the off chance he might get a cheap house.

Somebody has completely lost the plot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

blanch152 wrote: »
    Do people ever get fed up posting fake news and fake allegations?

https://www.hbfi.ie/news/minister-donohoe-welcomes-appointment-of-first-chief-executive-officer-to-hbfi

"Ms. Deering was selected as the first CEO of the newly established commercial State body by the Board of HBFI after a competitive open recruitment process earlier this year. "

You would think from yourself and the Indo that Paschal personally got him the job. Oh wait, Bowie will be along in a minute to tell us it's all Leo's fault.

You forgot to add the quotes around that bolded it.
    after a "competitive open recruitment process" earlier this year.
    Nod and wink

Do you hate 'da Brits' too? Would you heckle Boris or the Queen if they came over? You don't have to forgive or forget but you need function in today's society.
    Using the troubles to deflect from current politics and FG shenanigans is dishonest and disrespectful.

The Number 1 contributor to the thread finds it boring!!!! You couldn't make it up.

I don't even think there are enough letters to describe how much laughing I am doing.

Why? Nothing funny about people like yourself using victims to defend and deflect for your team. It's disrespectful. Raise it by all means as often as you like, in context, in the appropriate thread. What you are doing here cheapens it.
    This is were you play ignorant. I'm bored with dishonest actors using the troubles to deflect from FG. Yes, I can imagine you laughing, such is your true feeling for the victims you use regularly.

You never responded to my question yesterday. Why post these things in a FG specific thread while we discuss FG?

• Advertisement

The misrepresentation of what people say that you engage in, plumbs new depths.

Why? Nothing funny about people like yourself using victims to defend and deflect for your team. It's disrespectful. Raise it by all means as often as you like, in context, in the appropriate thread. What you are doing here cheapens it.
    This is were you play ignorant. I'm bored with dishonest actors using the troubles to deflect from FG. Yes, I can imagine you laughing, such is your true feeling for the victims you use regularly.

You never responded to my question yesterday. Why post these things in a FG specific thread while we discuss FG?

I am sorry that you can't have a thread where everybody sits around with Ming, smoking weed, telling each other how terrible Fine Gael are, without someone whispering in their ear to be careful what they wish for.

The alternative to Fine Gael, trumpeted on high by you and others, is Sinn Fein. It is therefore extremely relevant to this thread to point out where Sinn Fein are worse than Fine Gael when it comes to certain things, actually scratch the last bit, where it comes to every thing.

I am sorry that you can't have a thread where everybody sits around with Ming, smoking weed, telling each other how terrible Fine Gael are, without someone whispering in their ear to be careful what they wish for.

The alternative to Fine Gael, trumpeted on high by you and others, is Sinn Fein. It is therefore extremely relevant to this thread to point out where Sinn Fein are worse than Fine Gael when it comes to certain things, actually scratch the last bit, where it comes to every thing.

So you stating I was bored with the thread was a complete lie to spin a false narrative.

Here's a thought, if someone posts a critical comment about FG in a FG thread, stand up for them or agree, disagree etc.?
    You are talking made up again. We generally discuss something FG said or did. You use victims of the troubles or raise SF to deflect.
    What has FF/FG making a balls of the LC results got to do with Dessie ****ing Ellis? :):) Farcical.

Do you hate 'da Brits' too? Would you heckle Boris or the Queen if they came over? You don't have to forgive or forget but you need function in today's society.
    Using the troubles to deflect from current politics and FG shenanigans is dishonest and disrespectful.

Functioning very much in todays society. It is today that you and others are proposing Sinn Fein as an altrnative government. Some in pursuit of some United Ireland fantasy and others like yourself who don't care who or what they are so long as house prices come down. Sadly for you and others I believe the low criminal and intelligence level of their membership makes them unfit to govern anything. Moreover the victims you have so much respect for wouldn't exist but for Sinn Fein /IRA.

Plus you saw their little fascist display for their hero Bobby Storey a couple of weeks ago so dont pretend its all in the past. Very present and coming your way (without a cheap house I expect)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Functioning very much in todays society. It is today that you and others are proposing Sinn Fein as an altrnative government. Some in pursuit of some United Ireland fantasy and others like yourself who don't care who or what they are so long as house prices come down. Sadly for you and others I believe the low criminal and intelligence level of their membership makes them unfit to govern anything. Moreover the victims you have so much respect for wouldn't exist but for Sinn Fein /IRA.

Plus you saw their little fascist display for their hero Bobby Storey a couple of weeks ago so dont pretend its all in the past. Very present and coming your way (without a cheap house I expect)

When are the nomination papers due-in for the worst post on boards Hall of Fame?

We have the Ciziten Kane of sh*t posts here.

So regards any housing policy, if buying or building might be best, 'the troubles something something'? Got it.
    You insult the very people you pretend to care for and in a very boring repetitive manner, It's shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

So regards any housing policy, if buying or building might be best, 'the troubles something something'? Got it.
    You insult the very people you pretend to care for and in a very boring repetitive manner, It's shameful.

They've cracked-up.Some of the garbage out of the B.O.Ts over the last couple of weeks has been of the worst possible standard. There's been some unhinged contributions.

I'd worry for them tbh.

Deary deary me. They really dont like it when you refuse to join in the big fudgy cover up

Deary deary me. They really dont like it when you refuse to join in the big fudgy cover up

Gas.
    No cover up, it's no interest :)
    I'd suggest you turning every 2020 discussion into regaling Dad's Army is the deflection/cover up :)

I've visions of...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yurt! wrote: »
    Where do you get the idea it's a "free house"? unless you have evidence otherwise, he pays rent to the council on the basis of income.

More "free house" guff. Is it any wonder you lot got steamrolled and continue to get hammered on housing failures.

Yurt go on, please justify the as good as free rent for some, like a lotto windfall. While working poor with **** incomes, pay vast sums for a roof over their head. Thats solidarity is it?

We cant all magic up a set of ovaries and a few kids to get luxury free housing either... Or be johnny waster, with such vision, that knowing free luxury apartments in Dundrum etc, were going to be on the christmas list

Any way, its FG and the rest of them presiding over this disgrace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Gas.
    I'd suggest you turning every 2020 discussion into regaling Dad's Army is the deflection/cover up :)

I've visions of...

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol in a nutshell.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yurt go on, please justify the as good as free rent for some, like a lotto windfall. While working poor with **** incomes, pay vast sums for a roof over their head. Thats solidarity is it?

We cant all magic up a set of ovaries and a few kids to get luxury free housing either... Or be johnny waster, with such vision, that knowing free luxury apartments in Dundrum etc, were going to be on the christmas list

Any way, its FG and the rest of them presiding over this disgrace!

It's also for working tax payers who can't afford to rent or buy.

Single mothers comes down to the welfare of the children. Just because people take advantage doesn't mean kids should be left homeless or anyone if it can be helped, especially tax payers.

My issue with FG is using tax monies to fill the pockets of private landlord agencies and build to rent companies knowing they've a customer in FG, with FF doing **** all about it, (assuming sleepy Eamo is asleep).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's also for working tax payers who can't afford to rent or buy.

Single mothers comes down to the welfare of the children. Just because people take advantage doesn't mean kids should be left homeless or anyone if it can be helped, especially tax payers.

My issue with FG is using tax monies to fill the pockets of private landlord agencies and build to rent companies knowing they've a customer in FG, with FF doing **** all about it, (assuming sleepy Eamo is asleep).

More social housing was built in the last two years than in the previous 40. Ireland builds more social housing than almost every country in Europe.

That doesn't fit your narrative though does it, dude?

The reason more weren't built was because there wasn't enough people to build them.

You now have the rather bizarre situation where first time buyers are being outbid for properties by housing charities funded by the Government, or local authorities.

You then have wider macro issues like people living for longer that limits stock coming onto the market. We also have more people living alone. We also have more people.

These are complex issues to solve, and cost enormous amounts of money. We only started turning a budget surplus 3 years ago. We didn't have the money to build huge amounts of public houses.

SF wouldn't do anything any better, and O'Broin is talking out of his hole on this subject. Don't be so susceptible to cheap populism and conmen promising miracles.

More social housing was built in the last two years than in the previous 40.

That doesn't fit your narrative though does it, dude?

By who? Fits my facts quite well. Dude.

The reason more weren't built was because there wasn't enough people to build them.

That's a different non housing policy matter which I'm happy to see Harris is trying to address. Less privately built to be used as social isn't the worst thing IMO.
    You now have the rather bizarre situation where first time buyers are being outbid for properties by housing charities funded by the Government, or local authorities.

You skipped the far more rental companies buying up, but as you say, that doesn't fit your narrative though does it, dude?
    You then have wider macro issues like people living for longer that allows limits stock coming onto the market.

Scrambling for excuses. FG have exacerbated the housing crisis year on year due to greed and incompetence.
    These are complex issues to solve, and cost enormous amounts of money.

And FG are making it worse.
    SF wouldn't do anything any better, and O'Broin is talking out of his hole on this subject. Don't be so susceptible to cheap populism and conmen promising miracles.

IYO. We don't know. I would rather money be incompetently spent in the right areas than incompetently spent in others, if they are all indeed as bad as each other.

Gas.

I've visions of...

maxresdefault.jpg

Ho ho wotta larf innit ! "no interest" indeed. If you think Sinn Fein thuggery is Dads Army stuff your in for a bit of a surprise - though you may not care. Hope your cheap house is worth it

Ho ho wotta larf innit ! "no interest" indeed. If you think Sinn Fein thuggery is Dads Army stuff your in for a bit of a surprise - though you may not care. Hope your cheap house is worth it

You seem to live in an alternate reality were the GFA never happened.
    You might be happy to support incompetent greedy politicians who use bad policy to exacerbate national crises, I'm not.

You are talking to someone who had no idea his previous username would be considered tasteless at best and homophobic at worst. Expecting him to avoid cheap populism is like.....well, fill in the rest yourself.

You seem to live in an alternate reality were the GFA never happened.
    You might be happy to support incompetent greedy politicians who use bad policy to exacerbate national crises, I'm not.

The GFA didn’t wipe people’s memory of the evil that the IRA did. Sure, young people might not remember, but a lot of the rest of us will.

The GFA didn’t wipe people’s memory of the evil that the IRA did. Sure, young people might not remember, but a lot of the rest of us will.

The partitionist's memory of the sectarian bigoted state that NI was and the British support and collusion in it has been wiped though. I give you Charlie Flanagan as the leader of the partitionist front as an example. More interested n the temerity of those who challenge what the British did than the victims of what the British are alleged to have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

4-5 posters here the past 2 years.

Egg you into a row then multiple reports and get you banned.

Dont fall for it.

Remember boards is the same company as journal.ie:)

Once again, don't fall for it:)

Advertisement