Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are talking to someone who had no idea his previous username would be considered tasteless at best and homophobic at worst. Expecting him to avoid cheap populism is like.....well, fill in the rest yourself.

I guess I'm not as familiar or okay with using a person's sexuality in a political discussion unlike yourself and JF.
    The message is don't use the name of a gay person or online anonymous homophobic individuals will bully you about it even several months later. Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »
    I guess I'm not as familiar or okay with using a person's sexuality in a political discussion unlike yourself and JF.
    The message is don't use the name of a gay person or online anonymous homophobic individuals will bully you about it even several months later. Shameful.

Why even bother on the first place??

So so weird.

But what we took from it is, we know who pays your shilling:)

The GFA didn’t wipe people’s memory of the evil that the IRA did. Sure, young people might not remember, but a lot of the rest of us will.

Who said it did? As I've said before it would be more honest if you made points or comments based on what people actually say.
    Again, don't see the connection to discussing what FG do in 2020 in a FG thread.
    #yawn

Why even bother on the first place??

So so weird.

But what we took from it is, we know who pays your shilling:)

thats a ramble right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

4-5 posters here the past 2 years.

Egg you into a row then multiple reports and get you banned.

Dont fall for it.

Remember boards is the same company as journal.ie:)

Once again, don't fall for it:)

I agree. I have seen it happen. One poster in particular reports every perceived slight, and appeals every single infraction. You would think that they knew exactly what would push the buttons.

• Advertisement

thats a ramble right there.

You're still trying to justify yourself years later.

Can you name one poster who accepted your explanation?

I agree. I have seen it happen. One poster in particular reports every perceived slight, and appeals every single infraction. You would think that they knew exactly what would push the buttons.

I don't post here anymore because I know the narrative.

4-5 posters do multiple reports.

I get banned and they get away Scott free.

They use this tactic in every thread.

I'm not falling for it again.

Tiresome.

You're still trying to justify yourself years later.

Can you name one poster who accepted your explanation?

I can name several who use LV's sexuality in political discussion.
    I couldnt give a fiddlers what homophobes think TBH.
    This is what passes for FG discussion is it?

I can name several who use LV's sexuality in political discussion.
    I couldnt give a fiddlers what homophobes think TBH.
    This is what passes for FG discussion is it?

FG discussion????

What are you in about?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How many people have been banned on this thread?

You are behaving very sinisterly this last while, how do you know how many reports are made by individual posters?

• Advertisement

FG discussion????

What are you in about?

We are in the FG thread are we not?

How many people have been banned on this thread?

You are behaving very sinisterly this last while, how do you know how many reports are made by individual posters?

Would be more honest to agree or disagree with criticism of FG and discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We are in the FG thread are we not?

They must be taking the sleepy nighty snoozy snooze potion Eamon Ryan is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Stop making up ****e and then calling it shameful. Your posts don’t deal in facts despite you using the term in a post just above this one. Your posts are opinions, usually twisted to suit your narrative, with no basis in fact. Then usually you throw shameful in at the end because your made up story might be about something shameful.

None of the posters whose identity you’re implying in your post have shown any homophobia. You’ve shown either outright homophobia, or appalling taste, by using that username.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yurt go on, please justify the as good as free rent for some, like a lotto windfall. While working poor with **** incomes, pay vast sums for a roof over their head. Thats solidarity is it?

We cant all magic up a set of ovaries and a few kids to get luxury free housing either... Or be johnny waster, with such vision, that knowing free luxury apartments in Dundrum etc, were going to be on the christmas list

Any way, its FG and the rest of them presiding over this disgrace!

Oh sweet suffering Jesus this thread is a farce.

tobsey wrote: »
    Stop making up ****e and then calling it shameful. Your posts don’t deal in facts despite you using the term in a post just above this one. Your posts are opinions, usually twisted to suit your narrative, with no basis in fact. Then usually you throw shameful in at the end because your made up story might be about something shameful.

None of the posters whose identity you’re implying in your post have shown any homophobia. You’ve shown either outright homophobia, or appalling taste, by using that username.

People who jump outraged to a conclusion that somebody is homophobic just because they use a man's name are the odd people. It's 2020 are we not supposed to be over that stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tobsey wrote: »

Pearl clutcher extraordinaire, if you think someone's being homophobic, report it to the mods, and the same goes to the rest of your fellow travellers above who have also ran out of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

4-5 posters here the past 2 years.

Egg you into a row then multiple reports and get you banned.

Dont fall for it.

Remember boards is the same company as journal.ie:)

Once again, don't fall for it:)

Same dossers all the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Are we still discssing FG or are we discussing the discussion of FG (as well as how the thread is moderated?)

Can we get back on topic please. If posters are bullying, trolling or piling on report them. Mods can spot tactical reporting too by the way, very easily

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What’s “tactical reporting” lads?

Genuinely don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Genuinely don’t know.

Probably groups getting together to get someone banned or whatever. The politics threads seem OK to be fair. Try going on any of the Green/ cycling threads with any view contrary to the accepted agenda and you are flooded with warnings and bans in seconds. More robust crew here it seems

Lieo having a moan on twitter again this evening. Better if that lump got on with his remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

smurgen wrote: »
    Lieo having a moan on twitter again this evening. Better if that lump got on with his remit.

He got dumped lately ,drowning his sorrows, man's about as relevant as bellybutton fluff

One of the many victims of Fine Gael an activist and victim of negligence bullied even on her death bed. RIP.

https://twitter.com/Madser2002/status/1312152296998936577?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

On my twitter feed a journalist reports that there's another FG politician that has joined the ranks of the Lobby Register.
    Story yet to be announced.

Here we go again, and again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Genuinely don’t know.

Lads reporting me, Brendan, because they have far too much time on their hands, and think I have multiple accounts on this site. I think a lot of it is down to my forensic dismemberment of their posts, opinions, and biases. One should always stand-up to tyranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

BluePlanet wrote: »
    On my twitter feed a journalist reports that there's another FG politician that has joined the ranks of the Lobby Register.
    Story yet to be announced.

Here we go again, and again and again.

Another?

Haven’t IAMA confirmed that D’Arcy won’t be lobbying for them, and that they haven’t done any lobbying for the last three years?

So unless you have done some digging, and found something different out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

We all know that, the only reason FF & FG let the GP join the gang, was that they needed a patsy, and none of our small left leaning parties were interested.

So now that the GP have been given a chance to show Ireland what they can do.

The question is ..

Are we happy with what we have seen so far. Or did FF & FG give voters a chance to see just what a GP government might look like. Because from what I have seen from GP so far,, A GP with even more power would be a SH!t show.

A few months in, is anyone happy with the carry on of GP ?
    Will the next GE wipe them out ?

satguy wrote: »
    We all know that, the only reason FF & FG let the GP join the gang, was that they needed a patsy, and none of our small left leaning parties were interested.

So now that the GP have been given a chance to show Ireland what they can do.

The question is ..

Are we happy with what we have seen so far. Or did FF & FG give voters a chance to see just what a GP government might look like. Because from what I have seen from GP so far,, A GP with even more power would be a SH!t show.

A few months in, is anyone happy with the carry on of GP ?
    Will the next GE wipe them out ?

A party of yes men and women who are only really interested in the seat and not in what the seat can do. Similar to the SDLP in NI, who also aquiesced because it was the easy thing to do, they will be punished dearly for it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

A party of yes men and women who are only really interested in the seat and not in what the seat can do. Similar to the SDLP in NI, who also aquiesced because it was the easy thing to do, they will be punished dearly for it IMO.

Yes I think so too, The next GE should see GP gone for good.

Lets hope they really don't find a way to blow our money on stuff like this.

Ryan: €1m per day to be spent on cycling and walking infrastructure in Budget 2021

At least now,, we all have seen how crazy these GP nuts really are.

And sure it never rains here in Ireland, and its never windy,, sure can't we cycle or walk to work,, from our dormitory towns in neighbouring counties.

Advertisement