Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A lot of bitterness around this evening that Sinn Fein find themselves outside again.

They had their chance, but they never made any serious approach to the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »
    A lot of bitterness around this evening that Sinn Fein find themselves outside again.

Correct Bee......lot of anger here.

Shinners struggling I would contend, can’t get traction.

Populist bulldust will only get you so far, you will be found out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

you will be found out eventually.

Funny, hilariously funny on the 100 day mark of this 'lurching' arrangement. Found out hardly a week into office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

I'd say SF are really glad they are not involved with GP, or even FG.

All in all, it's worked out very well for them,, and an even bigger share of the vote at next GE.
    I'm sure all those FF voters are ecstatic, that their votes are keeping FG in power,, Again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

satguy wrote: »
    We all know that, the only reason FF & FG let the GP join the gang, was that they needed a patsy, and none of our small left leaning parties were interested.

So now that the GP have been given a chance to show Ireland what they can do.

The question is ..

Are we happy with what we have seen so far. Or did FF & FG give voters a chance to see just what a GP government might look like. Because from what I have seen from GP so far,, A GP with even more power would be a SH!t show.

A few months in, is anyone happy with the carry on of GP ?
    Will the next GE wipe them out ?

Covid has been a life saver for the Greens. All the local authorities went full steam into the anti car vendetta once they got in but thanks to covid there is no traffic so the full extent of the sh1tsandwich they have made has yet to be revealed. Plus thanks to the focus on covid their looney agenda has been put on the backburner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Truthvader wrote: »
    Covid has been a life saver for the Greens. All the local authorities went full steam into the anti car vendetta once they got in but thanks to covid there is no traffic so the full extent of the sh1tsandwich they have made has yet to be revealed. Plus thanks to the focus on covid their looney agenda has been put on the backburner

Everyone's a looney who doesn't tow the FG line, vote FG and just shut their mouths. We live in a democracy, people have a right to advocate without that garbage being put on them. Get used to it.

Maybe if FG made an effort to actually display why their such smart and clever boys and girls instead of just telling people how great they are and slagging poltical opponents off at every turn they might turn a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »
    Stop making up ****e and then calling it shameful. Your posts don’t deal in facts despite you using the term in a post just above this one. Your posts are opinions, usually twisted to suit your narrative, with no basis in fact. Then usually you throw shameful in at the end because your made up story might be about something shameful.

None of the posters whose identity you’re implying in your post have shown any homophobia. You’ve shown either outright homophobia, or appalling taste, by using that username.

You're the one critical of posts and dodging their opinion based on facts.
    I'd ask you to quote my made up stuff but you won't because you can't. You are spouting some cranky curmudgeon bile spew here.
    I'm trying to talk FG in a FG thread and folk are using a man's sexuality to turn the discussion, shameful and in this case homophobic. No need. Stick to the FG chat and stop using a gay man's sexuality to save your blushes. Stop using murder victims. In short have some respect for people.

Dodged a bullet, (pun intended).
    The Greens are a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

Next thing you know, The Greens will be saying that 120kph is too fast, and all our motorways should be 100kph.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

What’s “tactical reporting” lads?

A group of users making multiple reports either targeting a particular poster (usually for weak or fairly spurious reasons) to get them carded/banned or claiming the subject matter of a thread is causing offense, upset or distress to try and get it closed or posts deleted.

Now, let's get back on topic please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Possible national shut down due to Covid. Seems as if our hospitals are at capacity again. Which is unsurprising given that it's happened every year like clockwork. Maybe government shouldn't have taken that holiday after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    Possible national shut down due to Covid. Seems as if our hospitals are at capacity again. Which is unsurprising given that it's happened every year like clockwork. Maybe government shouldn't have taken that holiday after all.

They're not SF, they will continue. No suspension of govt business here.

Bowie wrote: »
    You're the one critical of posts and dodging their opinion based on facts.
    I'd ask you to quote my made up stuff but you won't because you can't. You are spouting some cranky curmudgeon bile spew here.
    I'm trying to talk FG in a FG thread and folk are using a man's sexuality to turn the discussion, shameful and in this case homophobic. No need. Stick to the FG chat and stop using a gay man's sexuality to save your blushes. Stop using murder victims. In short have some respect for people.

The problem around here is that there are too many posts containing opinions based on lies and mistruths. The posters then take offence when you merely correct the facts, rather than address the misguided opinions.

The first objective should always be to get the facts right. An opinion based on something other than facts is akin to a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The problem around here is that there are too many posts containing opinions based on lies and mistruths. The posters then take offence when you merely correct the facts, rather than address the misguided opinions.

The first objective should always be to get the facts right. An opinion based on something other than facts is akin to a conspiracy theory.

Blanch, you don't trade in facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yurt! wrote: »
    Blanch, you don't trade in facts.

Does anyone, dude? I don’t think even the most deluded CA regular is under the impression it’s a place for facts, level-headed debate, and conceding a point when presented with forensic levels of detail. It’s a forum used as a sort of flytrap for gathering pests that would otherwise spoil the wider site experience for normal posters.

You’d get an odd lad like Blanch and me who raise the tone of the place a few notches, but there isn’t much we can do really.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Everyone's a looney who doesn't tow the FG line, vote FG and just shut their mouths. We live in a democracy, people have a right to advocate without that garbage being put on them. Get used to it.

Maybe if FG made an effort to actually display why their such smart and clever boys and girls instead of just telling people how great they are and slagging poltical opponents off at every turn they might turn a corner.

????????? And this is related to my previous post in what possible way?

Maybe have a little lie down

Does anyone, dude? I don’t think even the most deluded CA regular is under the impression it’s a place for facts, level-headed debate, and conceding a point when presented with forensic levels of detail. It’s a forum used as a sort of flytrap for gathering pests that would otherwise spoil the wider site experience for normal posters.

You’d get an odd lad like Blanch and me who raise the tone of the place a few notches, but there isn’t much we can do really.

By commenting on how often people post, by giving your psychological take on why people make the comments they make, by paraphrasing and making inferences to twist the comment to suit a stock response, by raising Varadkar's sexuality when the discussion isn't going your way, all to dodge or divert genuine debate on the thread topic? Surely, mo chara, you are taking the piss, dude?
    Lot of (faux) anger about....always (the same) men...

Says the man keeping count on peoples posts and constantly misrepresenting comments.

You bring this up a lot and seldom follow through and when you try it's embarrassing for you.
    You need to understand that opinions you disagree with are not necessarily 'wrong' or not based on facts.

Like your one that any rando twitter comment you don't like is from SF HQ and SF party policy...with zero proof? :)

We'd a discussion on the LC results ended up about Dessie Ellis ffs, so give over.

Says the man keeping count on peoples posts and constantly misrepresenting comments.

You bring this up a lot and seldom follow through and when you try it's embarrassing for you.
    You need to understand that opinions you disagree with are not necessarily 'wrong' or not based on facts.

Like your one that any rando twitter comment you don't like is from SF HQ and SF party policy...with zero proof? :)

We'd a discussion on the LC results ended up about Dessie Ellis ffs, so give over.

Buddy, why are you lads so touchy about the Shinners record?

Grow up and accept that you are in a discussion where there are two sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

FG finally do something, agree to go against NHEPT advice.

If cases continue to increase, they will be as much to blame as FF.

• Advertisement

Says the man keeping count on peoples posts

I don't keep count on peoples posts. There is a facility in the front page of each forum where, by clicking on the number of posts in a thread, you get a breakdown of the number of posts by each poster. Two clicks from here and I can tell you who is the top poster in the thread and how many posts. (It is yourself with 160 of the 1,281 posts, with Francie in second (142), Smurgen (123) in third, followed by McMurphy (110) that is how easy it is).

It is very useful for checking the facts when you get accusations of Poster A taking over the thread or all the fans of Political Party B ruining the thread.

I don't keep count on peoples posts. There is a facility in the front page of each forum where, by clicking on the number of posts in a thread, you get a breakdown of the number of posts by each poster. Two clicks from here and I can tell you who is the top poster in the thread and how many posts. (It is yourself with 160 of the 1,281 posts, with Francie in second (142), Smurgen (123) in third, followed by McMurphy (110) that is how easy it is).

It is very useful for checking the facts when you get accusations of Poster A taking over the thread or all the fans of Political Party B ruining the thread.

Blanch, that IS keeping count. If I use a calculator I am still counting. ;)

Blanch, that IS keeping count. If I use a calculator I am still counting. ;)

No, Francie, it is called checking the facts. When I see and read posters moaning about FG bots taking over threads and making them about Sinn Fein, the easiest thing to do is to check the facts to see who is posting the most on the thread. Very rarely do I find that it is the person accused of ruining the thread.

You don't but you do :rolleyes:

Yet you raise it to try needle people making comments you don't like.
    No, Francie, it is called checking the facts. When I see and read posters moaning about FG bots taking over threads and making them about Sinn Fein, the easiest thing to do is to check the facts to see who is posting the most on the thread. Very rarely do I find that it is the person accused of ruining the thread.

You raise post numbers to try get a dig in. That's a fact.
    Funniest post of the day.

The Number 1 contributor to the thread finds it boring!!!! You couldn't make it up.

He even beat Francie to No.1 spot, yet he finds it boring.

I don't even think there are enough letters to describe how much laughing I am doing.

And lying too. Pretending to misunderstand the content.

The 'content' of the post is what you should be checking then not the amount.

Dear lord give me strength.

They dont like it when you catch them out

Truthvader wrote: »
    They dont like it when you catch them out

True. He'll likely go missing or say something about Sinn Fein :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

38 ICU beds now free.

Thanks FG for the last 10 years

38 ICU beds now free.

Thanks to those tools buck leppin after county finals for landing us where we are.

• Advertisement

38 ICU beds now free.

Enda was going to fix the scandal of hospital trolleys...what he meant was it's the unions fault/nurses getting too many holidays etc.

Advertisement