Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    Enda was going to fix the scandal of hospital trolleys...what he meant was it's the unions fault/nurses getting too many holidays etc.

We spend €25 billion euro on our health service. Amongst the highest in the world per capita. Work practices have to be looked at as part of the reality of us not getting value for money. We also need to look at people wanting useless, small, regional hospitals in their area. Having theatres only being used for 6 hours per day. Lots of things involving failure to reform work practices.

If these things were easy, dude, they would have been solved. They aren't. Even though all the parties signed up for Slaíntecare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Thanks to those tools buck leppin after county finals for landing us where we are.

In Michael Martin's back garden it's worth remembering. Big supporter too.

Lieo taking cheap shots at NPHET now. Some man to talk. They're trying to mitigate due to years of underinvestment due to him and his cronies.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1313221599689089024?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

We spend €25 billion euro on our health service. Amongst the highest in the world per capita. Work practices have to be looked at as part of the reality of us not getting value for money. We also need to look at people wanting useless, small, regional hospitals in their area. Having theatres only being used for 6 hours per day. Lots of things involving failure to reform work practices.

If these things were easy, dude, they would have been solved. They aren't. Even though all the parties signed up for Slaíntecare.

There's too many noses in the trough, we'd a case of them paying for millions in taxi fares
    https://www.donegallive.ie/news/home/311907/almost-2-5m-spent-on-taxi-services-in-three-years-by-letterkenny-university-hospital.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yet it gets worse. So they are making an arse of it and should change tack rather than looking to pass the buck maybe, dude?
    Or if they aren't capable stop lying about ending the scandal? Dude?
    When are they launching Slainte-Care, dude?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

This thread will be either 4 things tomorrow

1. Defend Leo at all costs
    2. But Sinn Féin
    3. Silence
    4. Another **** Up by FG

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Truthvader wrote: »
    They dont like it when you catch them out

You got it in one. Constant complaints, constant appeals to the mods but the terrorism apologists get caught out when you put forward the facts.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You got it in one. Constant complaints, constant appeals to the mods but the terrorism apologists get caught out when you put forward the facts.

Like you with the Glennane gang. Xenophobic nonsense.

Yet it gets worse. So they are making an arse of it and should change tack rather than looking to pass the buck maybe, dude?
    Or if they aren't capable stop lying about ending the scandal? Dude?
    When are they launching Slainte-Care, dude?

An awful lot of anger around here tonight.

I didn’t see him, but I read about the Tanaiste tonight. Seems he wiped the floor, explaining how he was putting real people first. It read very well, and I guess from the angry reaction from the usual crowd on here that it looked very well too.

Stalking posters and dodging questions :)

• Advertisement

I didn’t see him, but I read about the Tanaiste tonight. Seems he wiped the floor, explaining how he was putting real people first. It read very well, and I guess from the angry reaction from the usual crowd on here that it looked very well too.

great to see you speak on FG for a change. By all accounts he contradicted the government stance and made an arse of himself. Typical LV.

He voted against the rent increase ban, child poverty bill and sick pay/parental leave during the week

He's a spoofer of the highest and people are seeing it. Election results told us that and its getting worse as he is basically in joint charge of the biggest shambles of a Govt we have seen in many a year

He voted against the rent increase ban, child poverty bill and sick pay/parental leave during the week

He's a spoofer of the highest and people are seeing it. Election results told us that and its getting worse as he is basically in joint charge of the biggest shambles of a Govt we have seen in many a year

Hate to say this to you, but the opinion polls have been showing for quite a while that he is the only leader the people trust.

Hate to say this to you, but the opinion polls have been showing for quite a while that he is the only leader the people trust.

Is that why FF and SF got more seats?

Is that why both FF and SF made him lead FG to their worst election result in near a century?

The last opinion poll showed SF as top of the pile, That is facts man

The next poll will be very interesting after Leo's shambles tonight

P.S Are you not a Green voter? How's Eamonn?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

2. But Sinn Féin
    3. Silence
    4. Another **** Up by FG

Why wouldn’t it be “ Defend Leo at all costs” as a matter of interest.

We are not following Public Health Advice anymore, maybe that'd why

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The trend is "do chara".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

2. But Sinn Féin
    3. Silence
    4. Another **** Up by FG

I go for No.4

It's been a Sh!t show so far,, FG have all the top ministers jobs. (the ones that matter).

Leo is really our Taoiseach, so FG are really calling the shots, so No.4 in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He's un-defendable on this.

1. He thrashed the work of public servants publicly and ostensibly to make himself look good.
    2. He misunderstands either willfully (which I suspect) or due to incompetency what it is that is required of NPHET...they give Health advice, they cannot 'overstep the mark'.
    3. He misunderstand (willfully or for political gain) that NPHET are not responsible for the state of the health service, he and his coalition partners are.
    4. Taking to a public platform to do what he did last night in the middle of a pandemic was a political gamble and he should not be doing that right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

1. He thrashed the work of public servants publicly and ostensibly to make himself look good.
    He's a politician, all of them, from every side of the spectrum, are trying to make themselves look good when they speak publicly. I'm not sure he thought attacking NPHET in that way would look good, though I guess he hoped people would resonate with the line about NPHET will be paid regardless of the level of lockdown. A lot of people have been saying the same thing.
    2. He misunderstands either willfully (which I suspect) or due to incompetency what it is that is required of NPHET...they give Health advice, they cannot 'overstep the mark'.
    I agree, I think he was wrong in how he went about that. He shouldn't have attacked NPHET for not taking those considerations into account
    3. He misunderstand (willfully or for political gain) that NPHET are not responsible for the state of the health service, he and his coalition partners are.
    I don't think he did that. He did say that the HSE management disagreed with NPHET and that the health service is not at a point that requires level 5, in the way that was feared back in April
    4. Taking to a public platform to do what he did last night in the middle of a pandemic was a political gamble and he should not be doing that right now.
    Big gamble alright. I was shocked at what he was saying. I think a lot of people will agree with what he said, but he definitely has broken the relationship between government and NPHET. That I fear will further undermine public confidence in the work both are doing and in the messages they send out in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I don't think he trashed their work
    He gave them a big dressing down for the manner in which their recommendations were released this time
    I actually get that because bluntly releasing that without hope that it might be watered down caused a lot of worry sunday night
    His use of language on clare Byrne gets zero out of 10 because that level of public admonishment is dangerous towards people we all rely on in this half built plane we are all flying in

Nobotty wrote: »

Leo:

'We didn’t feel #NPHET proposal had been thought through'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Leo:

Mary Lou agrees too.

Good solidarity.

Mary Lou agrees too.

Good solidarity.

Mary Lou is not the Taniste.

Don't you think that is important? That a Taniste can go rogue on the rest of the government in public like that?

That is the issue...Mary Lou or any other politician that agrees with him, isn't.

Is that why FF and SF got more seats?

So sweet, still living the dreams of the might-have-beens from the last election.

That election is a world away now. The harsh reality of the pandemic and the looming crisis in the public finances when the pandemic is solved make that election like rainbows and lollipops.

He gave them a big dressing down for the manner in which their recommendations were released this time
    I actually get that because bluntly releasing that without hope that it might be watered down caused a lot of worry sunday night
    His use of language on clare Byrne gets zero out of 10 because that level of public admonishment is dangerous towards people we all rely on in this half built plane we are all flying in

LV has a strong consistent habit of doing just that. Undermining fellow ministers and currently government partners by talking out of school and giving his tuppence outside of what the supposed stand is of government. In short he likes to try play both sides. He's not clever enough to pull it off. He's Trump lite IMO.

So sweet, still living the dreams of the might-have-beens from the last election.

That election is a world away now. The harsh reality of the pandemic and the looming crisis in the public finances when the pandemic is solved make that election like rainbows and lollipops.

Says the man hanging on to a poll to try make LV look good.
    Going by solid seats, not an older poll to respond to your claim LV is the most popular. Here yet again you are trying to twist things. Very dishonest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Leo:

Terrible language I agree but he went on to explain that it was governments job to think through the economic end of it
    He didn't trash their medical advice on the virus because he knows they're right that restricting us all to last may would kill it again
    But it would kill a lot of other things too
    He was right IMO to tell off NPHET for the scarey leak but should have left that private and just explained the decision minus the drama
    You could see the big smile on the lady journalists face afterwards whose name escapes me because she knew the fodder it was for them

• Advertisement

Terrible language I agree but he went on to explain that it was governments job to think through the economic end of it
    He didn't trash their medical advice on the virus because he knows they're right that restricting us all to last may would kill it again
    But it would kill a lot of other things too
    He was right IMO to tell off NPHET for the scarey leak but should have left that private and just explained the decision minus the drama
    You could see the big smile on the lady journalists face afterwards whose name escapes me because she knew the fodder it was for them

Where did NPHET say anything about the economics of Level 5...taht is not their job.

Leo was talking ****e and trying to thrash them in other words. They gave their thought through and expert advice as they are expected to.

Advertisement