Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

McMurphy wrote: »
    I agree with you also Christy, and you've as much right to dismiss him as he has to dismiss Richmond.

What we weren't discussing though was the provos and the troubles, it is a real shame that some posters continually get away with derailing with the same auld worn out shyte, it's like they didn't see the damage the continuous deflection to "the RA" did in the last election, and that Sinn Fein received the highest vote count from all age groups under 65, meaning most people under that age don't give a shyte anyway.

Fcukin Willie Fraser wannabes.

Oh yes he has a right to dismiss Richmond, same as I have a right to say the world is flat.

Plenty of posters derail, for example i asked three questions this morning of one poster and none were answered. You're in the wrong place if you want sensible discussion.

About the IRA, I think people have their minds made up either way. I'd be more focused on the breathtakingly stupid proposals such as the demographics looking after themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

markodaly wrote: »
    Why are you so obsessed with Leo Francie. Honest question.

In fact most SF types are obsessed with him.
    Like here we are in another FG thread, dedicated to FG, even though we have FF and the Greens in Government, with FF being the bigger party and MM as Taoiseach. No threads on them.....

Yet, its Leo this, Leo that...

I said it before, but there is don't doubt there is a soft unconscious element of xenophobia and homophobia at play on social media and that noise can extend to boards.ie as well.

Its all a bit odd that some lads seem so obsessed with the guy.

This is a thread about FG and Leo is the leader, I'd say it's pretty certain he will be brought up in this thread.

He has went into hiding since Thursday, I reckon MM and Donnelly keeping him out of the loop last week has hurt him like hell, then his rant on Monday backfired big time,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

No party can count on a demographic, last election and every election was a secret ballot by the way

One thing I'm sure of is this current government like Trump are going to be a casualty of the pandemic
    There's no focus whatsoever on anything other than gasping for air head bopping up and down out of water
    They haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nobotty wrote: »
    No party can count on a demographic, last election and every election was a secret ballot by the way

One thing I'm sure of is this current government like Trump are going to be a casualty of the pandemic
    There's no focus whatsoever on anything other than gasping for air head bopping up and down out of water
    They haven't a clue

Never heard of exit polls so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »
    Never heard of exit polls so?
    They're not terrible reliable for that IMO because you'd need to be at every polling station
    Selecting polling stations for an accurate slice of demographics nationally is no good
    They're only decent at an over all picture
    Other opinions are available of course

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No prizes for guessing who is front and center on twitter this morning, and it's not for praise either.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Varadkar&vertical=trends&s=09

The next opinion poll on his "popularity" will be interesting.

So 6 days after his outrageous outburst and 3 days since he went into hiding cause Dr Tony put him back in his box, Leo is in the paper agreeing with what Dr Tony said last week

He really is some spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So 6 days after his outrageous outburst and 3 days since he went into hiding cause Dr Tony put him back in his box, Leo is in the paper agreeing with what Dr Tony said last week

He really is some spoofer

Hyperbole central has arrived, who can take these ‘contributions’ anyway seriously.

Shill central.

Hyperbole central has arrived, who can take these ‘contributions’ anyway seriously.

Shill central.

Mícheál Martin has now come out and said the opposite to what Leo said in the paper

Leo getting it from every angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I comment on the subject of the thread...FG. Leo leads FG.

This is not just a random comment on FG and Leo, this is you posting thousands of thousands of times about FG.
    For example, you are the 2nd biggest contributor to this thread.
    What is it about FG and Leo that fascinates you so much?
    *Yet again 'homphobia' is brought into the discussion by an avowed supporter of FG...have you guys a bit of a hang-up about Leo's sexual identity? It's 2020 lads, that stuff no longer matters to people who supported equality from the begining. Just saying.

It is a fact that Leo has received homophobic abuse on social media, his lack of 'Irishness' has also been used as a talking point. This is just a fact Francie, and goes some way to explain why so many people seem to 'interested' in what Leo says.

Do you know who is the biggest contributor to this thread is? A poster who used to post under the handle "Matt Barrett', Leo's partner.
    Its all just a bit too 'convenient'

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is not just a random comment on FG and Leo, this is you posting thousands of thousands of times about FG.

It is a fact that Leo has received homophobic abuse on social media, his lack of 'Irishness' has also been used as a talking point. This is just a fact Francie, and goes some way to explain why so many people seem to 'interested' in what Leo says.

Do you know who is the biggest contributor to this thread is? A poster who used to post under the handle "Matt Barrett', Leo's partner.

You are obsessed by his sexuality...you need to talk to somebody about that, because I ain't getting drawn into your obsession.

I couldn't give a ****e if he rides animals.

Wonder how him and Mícheál will contradict each other this week? Seems like Mícheál is in control, waited till papers were out to see what Leo had to say, and said il put that to bed on radio

You are obsessed by his sexuality...you need to talk to somebody about that, because I ain't getting drawn into your obsession.

I see you didn't answer the question.

I thought you had found a conveinient answer to that.

I am not here to justify myself to you.

You comment on the topics posted like a good lad and leave the amateur phycology out of it.

The fact that he's a cumulative liar. Cut from the same cloth as trump. In fact he and the best man were good friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

smurgen wrote: »
    The fact that he's a cumulative liar. Cut from the same cloth as trump. In fact he and the best man were good friends

Mmmm that is revealing, kinda. Expected nothing less. Off you go marching behind honest Gerry and his glove puppets

Truthvader wrote: »
    Mmmm that is revealing, kinda. Expected nothing less. Off you go marching behind honest Gerry and his glove puppets

Gerry is no longer leader, do keep up Truthser

I am not here to justify myself to you.

Why wont you answer the question? Its a simple one.

FF and the Greens are also in government, yet it seems some are obsessed with FG and Leo in particular.

Leo and Trump were friends now? This is clearly not true.

Leo and FG never invited him to a 'do', Sinn Fien though will take money from anyone. :D

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTuPWs-30W-e00lP9ye-I-_25LHSU780Lgmtw&usqp=CAU

• Advertisement

FF and the Greens are also in government, yet it seems some are obsessed with FG and Leo in particular.

Why are you asking the question?

So what, why are you so protective? I have plenty to say of MM fecks up, on his election campaign etc etc.

Go find something else to rabbit on about or some other poster to scold for their temerity.
    Or perhaps comment on the content of the discussions, there is plenty there to occupy you.

Just maybe he's talked about more because the thread is about FG and not FF or the Greens

That's a wild guess

Just maybe he's talked about more because the thread is about FG and not FF or the Greens

That's a wild guess

So where are the FF and Greens thread in all this?

So what, why are you so protective? I have plenty to say of MM fecks up, on his election campaign etc etc.

Clearly not as much as when it comes to Leo and FG....

So where are the FF and Greens thread in all this?

Well there is a Govt thread titled FF/FG/Greens, also a thread on the Greens

This thread is about FG (title gives it away)

Clearly not as much as when it comes to Leo and FG....

That's because latley Leo and FG are making the **** ups not FF.

Mícheál has been smart with this one, let Leo run his mouth off then react

That's because latley Leo and FG are making the **** ups not FF.

Mícheál has been smart with this one, let Leo run his mouth off then react

What exactly has Leo 'made up'?

What exactly has Leo 'made up'?

That NPHET are not on the same page.
    There is no onus on them to be on the same page and Holohan spelt that out at the start - they would not sugar coat their advice. They would give it and ir was up to others to react as they saw fit.
    Leo 'making up a responsibility' in order to play political games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

So some republican shill, pint in hand, has criticised Leo. Surprise me

Advertisement