Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Truthvader wrote: »
    So some republican shill, pint in hand, has criticised Leo. Surprise me

Says in his profile he's a "former green" maybe hes from D15 and has a boards account :D

As for the pint in his hand, fail to see why that's even important tbh, Enda Kenny regularly had chinwags with a fella who had double that amount in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Says in his profile he's a "former green" maybe hes from D15 and has a boards account :D

As for the pint in his hand, fail to see why that's even important tbh, Enda Kenny regularly had chinwags with a fella who had double that amount in his hands.

Truth has the unerring capacity to walk into haymakers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

smurgen wrote: »

yet none of this happened.

He didn't accuse anybody, he didn't attack anybody. He did leap to the defence of multinationals because i suppose they support hundreds of thousands of jobs and tax, tax that pays for the same ****e that these types are giving out about. I do think corporation tax needs to be increased slightly, knowing how they really take the piss, working for one.

i don't like Leo but this is the problem with twitter, and the problem repeating and spreading its dirge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »

Do you follow no-marks on Twitter just to post their ramblings on here?

I am not a huge Twitter user myself, but it seems to host the dregs of society.

Gerry is no longer leader, do keep up Truthser

Gerry never was leader, do keep up, Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Micheal D'Arcy the FG senator that left to join a lobby group for a hedgefund sounds like a real brain.
    Jaysus won't he be missed!

(Sound on)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1315562111272194048

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Gerry never was leader, do keep up, Dundalk.

The President of Sinn Féin political party between 13 November 1983 and 10 February 2018

"The president of Sinn Féin (Irish: Uachtarán Shinn Féin) is the most senior politician within the Sinn Féin political party in Ireland. Since 10 February 2018, the office has been held by Mary Lou McDonald, following the decision of Gerry Adams to stand aside as leader of the party."

Was he not no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Micheal D'Arcy the FG senator that left to join a lobby group for a hedgefund sounds like a real brain.
    Jaysus won't he be missed!

(Sound on)
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1315562111272194048

That looks dubbed to me.

The President of Sinn Féin political party between 13 November 1983 and 10 February 2018

"The president of Sinn Féin (Irish: Uachtarán Shinn Féin) is the most senior politician within the Sinn Féin political party in Ireland. Since 10 February 2018, the office has been held by Mary Lou McDonald, following the decision of Gerry Adams to stand aside as leader of the party."

Was he not no?

No, never. The real leadership was behind the scenes. Ted and Storey and the rest of them.

No, never. The real leadership was behind the scenes. Ted and Storey and the rest of them.

And we enter blanch's dangerous state...one where allegation, insinuation is enough.

Scary bunch you Greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

And we enter blanch's dangerous state...one where allegation, insinuation is enough.

Scary bunch you Greens.

As opposed to your dangerous state, where it's reasonable to require approval from politcal figures before going to the authorities with information on the murder of a police officer.

tobsey wrote: »
    As opposed to your dangerous state, where it's reasonable to require approval from politcal figures before going to the authorities with information on the murder of a police officer.

And we know that turned into another smokescreen of spurious allegations and faux outrage.
    A witness it was breathlessly alleged that was 'so scared of the RA' he made first contact with the gardai. :):)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha This is a FG thread
    Rent Free

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha This is a FG thread
    Rent Free

Keep trying, a chara, you can’t escape reality, you might pull the wool over the eyes of ‘downtrodden and oppressed’ allegedly :D but you won’t pull the wool overthe eyes of those who get up early.

;)

Keep trying, a chara, you can’t escape reality, you might pull the wool over the eyes of ‘downtrodden and oppressed’ allegedly :D but you won’t pull the wool overthe eyes of those who get up early.

;)

Ah here im happy, Sinn Fein keep growing and growing.

Over half of the young population are in their corner now and its just getting bigger.

Have a nice evening, im away off for a few pints (In a beer garden not breaking any rules before people get their knickers in a twist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

That looks dubbed to me.

It's from RTE.

https://twitter.com/rtepolitics/status/1310900778857574400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »
    The argument in the first article relies on using state land that was procured years ago at a cheaper price than that available today. If the state builds on land it has today then the real cost is the current value of the land, rather than what they paid for it. If you could sell the land today for 100k but build a house on it instead then that adds 100k to the cost of the house, even if you bought the land for 50k.

The second article is true. It would be better financially in the long term for the state to build instead of supplementing rent. However the state would have to borrow the capital today. We had just stopped borrowing for day to day costs before Covid hit and we have to borrow 30bn extra this year because of it.

Given the state has large public debt and a poor record of completing large construction projects on budget, do you really think it’s the right decision to borrow huge amounts more to build social housing? I don’t. Past experience of social housing shows that the costs are far more than construction costs, when further investment is needed in the long term due issues caused by high unemployment, low levels of education and higher crime rates.

Can you show this? You do know we have land and sell off land? In any case that cost would be added to a build or a buy.

I do. Just because FF/FG aren't capable it doesn't mean it's a bad idea. We can't pick social avenues to follow based on the incompetence or cronyism of the people currently in charge of such things. Besides it doesn't stop them tackling IW/NCH and the like. If we are going into hock for poorly managed projects anyway, make them social housing builds IMO.

markodaly wrote: »
    Blanch is correct, we have been down this road many times with your fantasy economics and have been embarrassed and torn to shreds of small details and facts that you simply cannot back up or get away from.
    Repeat the same incorrect statements does not make it true.

Of course it does.
    Even for a one off build, do you think the contractors building the house are doing it for free?
    What makes you think if a LA or the government tender a build out to a developer they will not do it for a profit? They will of course add their 8-10% to the price, which negates your entire point.

As has been repeated a thousand times to you, the only way really the government can build cheaper is using publicly owned land. Other than that there is really very little in the way of getting houses on the cheap.

You have shown you don't understand basic principles on this. I've explained it quite clearly. You are simply repeating foolishness I've already put to bed.
    The developer would give a price including his/her fee.

You are willfully skipping sections of my post to suit your nonsense.
    As explained, the developer has a fee and costs which he/she presents with their tender application. It's a job of work.
    They will give a price and it can be accepted or declined.
    Nobody would accept a fee based on the developers idea of what they might get were they to build and sell themselves. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Why are you so obsessed with Leo Francie. Honest question.

In fact most SF types are obsessed with him.
    Like here we are in another FG thread, dedicated to FG, even though we have FF and the Greens in Government, with FF being the bigger party and MM as Taoiseach. No threads on them.....

Yet, its Leo this, Leo that...

I said it before, but there is don't doubt there is a soft unconscious element of xenophobia and homophobia at play on social media and that noise can extend to boards.ie as well.

Its all a bit odd that some lads seem so obsessed with the guy.

Why do you and your fellow travelers turn it away from the ball and onto the man? If you can't agree or disagree on the point, why bother responding?
    You lads constantly using sexuality and gender to deflect from political discussion is odd and weird. Not a normal party.

Why wont you answer the question? Its a simple one.

FF and the Greens are also in government, yet it seems some are obsessed with FG and Leo in particular.

He's the most gaffe ridden lying loudmouth in government.
    You'll note when he's mentioned it's relating to something he said or did. Unless it's one of the FG lobby using his sexuality in a homophobic manner.
    Pretty straightforward.

• Advertisement

Leo is in freefall...10points down. What wheeze will he come up with to arrest that. Cue some self aggrandising PR

Comical Ali post of the week.

Leo is in freefall to 65% approval, 20% ahead of anyone else.

Oh, so funny.

Why are you so obsessed with Leo Francie. Honest question.

In fact most SF types are obsessed with him.
    Like here we are in another FG thread, dedicated to FG, even though we have FF and the Greens in Government, with FF being the bigger party and MM as Taoiseach. No threads on them.....

Yet, its Leo this, Leo that...

I said it before, but there is don't doubt there is a soft unconscious element of xenophobia and homophobia at play on social media and that noise can extend to boards.ie as well.

Its all a bit odd that some lads seem so obsessed with the guy.

There was someone on here last week who referred to him as the "little Indian" yet I am sure they will claim that there was nothing xenophobic or racist about that.

Amazing that is allowed on boards.

Oh, so funny.

Leo lost 10% popularity. Thats not good for him. Id imagine after going solo against Dr Tony and then backtracking a week later, plus leaking budget info before the budget wont improve that.

Should you not be more concerened with how your leader is getting on and not Leo?

There was someone on here last week who referred to him as the "little Indian" yet I am sure they will claim that there was nothing xenophobic or racist about that.

Amazing that is allowed on boards.

Who did, can you quote it?

Did you report it?

If you did and it wasn't acted on by a mod, did you pm a mod and ask why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who did, can you quote it?

Did you report it?

If you did and it wasn't acted on by a mod, did you pm a mod and ask why not?

C’mon dude, let the mods handle things, try to let them do their jobs.

Oh, so funny.

Dropped 10% in one poll.

Reasonable to call that a freefall no matter what height it was from>

How much more if his latest and most insidious political gameplayng one wonders.

I said he would **** it up fairly quickly and looks like I am right on that score.

C’mon dude, let the mods handle things, try to let them do their jobs.

Me asking a poster who made a very specific and a potentially serious allegation of racism on the site if he could link to it (in case - yknow, they're spoofing) and if they reported it - as we are encouraged to do is somehow me "preventing the mods from doing their jobs"

I think Leo is a first class absolute bell end Brenner, but if someone is being disgustingly racist, I'd be first in line to call it out.

I don't recall anyone posting what blanch said, and merely enquired as to what he did when he seen this apparent racism, did he act as we are constantly told to act? - is that an issue for you chief?

Me asking a poster who made a very specific and a potentially serious allegation of racism on the site if he could link to it (in case - yknow, they're spoofing) and if they reported it - as we are encouraged to do is somehow me "preventing the mods from doing their jobs"

I think Leo is a first class absolute bell end Brenner, but if someone is being disgustingly racist, I'd be first in line to call it out.

I don't recall anyone posting what blanch said, and merely enquired as to what he did when he seen this apparent racism, did he act as we are constantly told to act? - is that an issue for you chief?

I did report it, couldn't find the post a day later to see what happened, assumed it was deleted, but poster is still posting away merrily, hence my view that it is tolerated.

I did report it, couldn't find the post a day later to see what happened, assumed it was deleted, but poster is still posting away merrily, hence my view that it is tolerated.

Hahahaha yeh right

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks for the reply Blanch, hopefully it was dealt with appropriately behind the scenes.

Advertisement