Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Given that you are struggling to know whose word to take, I will set out the two sides.

On the one side, supporting transmission in schools, you have presented a tabloid headlined article from the Irish Independent.

On the other sides, are many health experts and reports which all conclude the same thing that transmission in a school setting is very rare, and any cases that do arise usually arise from transmission outside of the school setting.

If you are still struggling as to who to believe, there could be a job for you on the Sinn Fein front bench.

I take it that's why 15-24 age category went up 150% and 5-14 went up 200% since schools reopened while all other categories went up only at a max of 50%?

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1316820733620826119?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

smurgen wrote: »
    I take it that's why 15-24 age category went up 150% and 5-14 went up 200% since schools reopened while all other categories went up only at a max of 50%?

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1316820733620826119?s=19

Who the hell is Roman Shortall? Some angry no-mark on Twitter who spends all day giving out about stuff? I’ve never heard of him. His opinions on stuff are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Who the hell is Roman Shortall? Some angry no-mark on Twitter who spends all day giving out about stuff? I’ve never heard of him. His opinions on stuff are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Hahaha Dont like what you see, say it cant be true as its somebody you dont know who said it.

A simple look at thr figures will tell you he is correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Might not be the brighest spark in the night sky. The fact he says "in 1 tweet" and then has a second tweet to explain says it all really

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1306573500530995201

Kowerski wrote: »
    Might not be the brighest spark in the night sky

Another new poster who defends Govt about anything. "Strange"

• Advertisement

Another new poster who defends Govt about anything. "Strange"

I wasn't aware this thread was closed to new posters.

I wasn't aware this thread was closed to new posters.

A Bot, you with FF or FG or one Blanch's lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Has she given up on keeping the pubs and bookies open while closing the schools?

Now now remember - she was "misquoted"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Knew well you would come back on this. Jesus man, have some self awareness. :pac:

Check this out.

Felipe Fillop.

So if isn't being spread in schools, apart from when it is but that it's rare?

If there's any vacancies, I think you should be applying yourself blanch. :D

Do you ever give up? You are drowning in a hole you have dug for yourself.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/education-minister-would-seek-advice-about-schools-staying-open-if-country-goes-to-level-5-1020915.html

"The public health advice available to us, and the indeed the national and international experience, tells us that schools are safe places, low-risk environments - and that's largely due to the measures and resources that have been put in place."

Norma Foley isn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but even she understands it quicker than you do.

Are you saying the numbers quoted are wrong?

• Advertisement

Might not be the brighest spark in the night sky. The fact he says "in 1 tweet" and then has a second tweet to explain says it all really

No comment on the numbers quoted?

This is not a Sinn Fein thread you sad sad individual.

Our Govt IGNORED HEALTH ADVCE FOR 2 WEEKS NOW. You havnt once gave out about them doing that, its just as SF this, SF that

6 counties run the North not just 1.

It would be like Blaiming FG for all the issues in the 26 counties, its false and misleading but you have Sinn Fein on the membrane

The Shinners hate being caught out. Pathetic campaign here to prevent anyone from pointing to their hypocrisy and lack of any alternative policy or proposal whenever they start whinging

Truthvader wrote: »
    The Shinners hate being caught out. Pathetic campaign here to prevent anyone from pointing to their hypocrisy and lack of any alternative policy or proposal whenever they start whinging

Sinn Fein never IGNORED NHEPT

That was FF/FG and Greens

Mary Lou said it was correct decision by the government not to go to level 5. Would you not say that is ignoring NPHET?

Mary Lou said it was correct decision by the government not to go to level 5. Would you not say that is ignoring NPHET?

This is not about SF, its about FF/Green and FG rejecting NHEPTs advice.

I disagree with Mary Lou on that one, as Ive said many times

This is not about SF, its about FF/Green and FG rejecting NHEPTs advice.

I disagree with Mary Lou on that one, as Ive said many times

You posted about Sinn Fein.

You posted about Sinn Fein.

Yes I said Sinn Fein never took the decision.

The Govt did, and it has proven to be the wrong one.

Nice to have you back SheffWeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Has she given up on keeping the pubs and bookies open while closing the schools?

Is that what LV is waiting to be convinced about? Weird.

Now now remember - she was "misquoted"

Oh, dear...
    Blanch has it right, sort of. To explain for you again, she suggested those already open should remain open. You'll get it. Hang in there.

Bowie wrote: »
    Oh, dear...
    Blanch has it right, sort of. To explain for you again, she suggested those already open should remain open. You'll get it. Hang in there.

Its hard for the uneducated to get their head around things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This is not a Sinn Fein thread you sad sad individual.

Our Govt IGNORED HEALTH ADVCE FOR 2 WEEKS NOW. You havnt once gave out about them doing that, its just as SF this, SF that

6 counties run the North not just 1.

It would be like Blaiming FG for all the issues in the 26 counties, its false and misleading but you have Sinn Fein on the membrane

Mod

Calm it down and take a break from the thread for a week.

So Alan Farrell attacking NPHET two weeks after Leo did. FG attacking the experts and undermining them while talking our the other side of their mouths about all in it together. If the public stop listening to NPHET it will be off the back of the FG undermining exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

smurgen wrote: »
    So Alan Farrell attacking NPHET two weeks after Leo did. FG attacking the experts and undermining them while talking our the other side of their mouths about all in it together. If the public stop listening to NPHET it will be off the back of the FG undermining exercise.

It's possible to support NPHET and still think they are wrong for leaking. If they are the ones leaking.

It's possible to support NPHET and still think they are wrong for leaking. If they are the ones leaking.

Where's the evidence they are? Do you not think it's premature to talk about disbanding them if there's no evidence to support that they did?

McMurphy wrote: »
    No prizes for guessing who is front and center on twitter this morning, and it's not for praise either.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Varadkar&vertical=trends&s=09

The next opinion poll on his "popularity" will be interesting.

Yes, indeed it is.

Out today, in the Sunday Times, Leo's popularity is up 2%.

Not quite what you expected?

Yes, indeed it is.

Out today, in the Sunday Times, Leo's popularity is up 2%.

Not quite what you expected?

Wouldn't be so focussed on polls one way or the other. Time for leaders to make tough decisions that may be unpopular without looking over their shoulder to see if everyone is happy or not. Covid 19 wont be beaten by being popular

Wouldn't be so focussed on polls one way or the other. Time for leaders to make tough decisions that may be unpopular without looking over their shoulder to see if everyone is happy or not. Covid 19 wont be beaten by being popular

Oh, I am not that focussed on polls, but when some set store in it, important to point out what actually happened in the poll.

It is far more important that the Government take the right decisions to beat Covid, even if they are unpopular.

Oh, I am not that focussed on polls, but when some set store in it, important to point out what actually happened in the poll.

It is far more important that the Government take the right decisions to beat Covid, even if they are unpopular.

Ignoring NPHET and the education minister making announcements in health? Some shams.
    Looking more like 5 will be happening soon enough.

Ignoring NPHET and the education minister making announcements in health? Some shams.

Prpopsed restrictions here. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-social-bubbles-eviction-ban-and-5km-travel-restriction-under-consideration-for-new-covid-19-rules-39638423.html
    It’s not just a health issue. The economy has to come into the equation too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Even though he was health minister for quite a while I was wondering why it was him making the announcments. I don't think it will be an official Level 5 as then all the teaching unions will want schools closed, but it will be pretty close to it in practice.

Advertisement