Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bowie wrote: »
    Very unsympathetic robotic response.
    #notanormalparty

Surely the clothes section in a chain that also sells food could be exempt? It's literally aisles within a space people already are. In fact it expands the space.

Why are you putting hashtags in a boards.ie post?

Would you not be better off putting your question on clothes in grocery stores in the Covid forums? I know from our experience we’re likely to have a browse around the clothes when we’re in Tesco. If it’s closed off we’ll just get the groceries we need and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tobsey wrote: »

Would you not be better off putting your question on clothes in grocery stores in the Covid forums? I know from our experience we’re likely to have a browse around the clothes when we’re in Tesco. If it’s closed off we’ll just get the groceries we need and leave.

Would you be willing to be told what is 'essential' in your grocery basket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

To quote former teen sensation Billie, 'Because I want to'.

My comment was on something a FG TD said.
    I'm not sure what your point is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sinn Fein are in trouble today over 30k that was resting in their accounts.

Operation Rescue and Divert is up and running.

blanch152 wrote: »

Bit of a campaign, dare I say obsession going there Blanch. All I've seen is people pass comment on it like they do on other non-SF related topics. Of course that would be in general government or SF related threads.
    When you look at it, you posting that here, in a FG thread, (currently discussing an interview a FG TD gave) seems more of an 'operation rescue and divert' does it not? Aren't you the one diverting here?

• Advertisement

This is a FG thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch wants to discuss SF in the actual SF thread, and in the FFG/GP thread and in here too.

I'd say the man checks under his bed before going to sleep, dreams about them, thinks about them when he opens his eyes again, and then they're knocking around in his skull all day.

Johnny Flash has a famous saying about that. Rent free or something it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So how does it work Francie, do ye lads just pelt random anti FG shïte at the virtual wall,like, whatever they do, ye will fire muck at it?

Like if the Govt decides to pay people who are on furlough €300 a week to try to save their jobs, ye will say it should be €350?

Or if the Govt decides to go into level 5 restrictions, ye will pelt shïte and say it should stay at level 3, and if it stays at level 3 ..more shïte saying it should go to level 5.

Will there be splatters saying that Minister X....Y.... Z is totally incompetent, hasn’t a clue ,without putting out the full picture and who would be the person to do a better job.

Would that just be left for speculation and guesswork?

Very strange set up there Francie, if you don’t mind me saying.

Won’t get off the ground I feel, most folk take account of those discussing issues with them, a dude who runs a campaign against say, speeding, can hardly have too much credence if he hammers down the main drag at 150k most days.

‘Practice what you preach’ I think is the operative expression.

Try to figure that out.....

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch wants to discuss SF in the actual SF thread, and in the FFG/GP thread and in here too.

I'd say the man checks under his bed before going to sleep, dreams about them, thinks about them when he opens his eyes again, and then they're knocking around in his skull all day.

Johnny Flash has a famous saying about that. Rent free or something it is.

Brendi piling in now. He's been wanting to discuss SF on two FG threads now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah but Blanch is operating Operation Paranoia in his head, those Provos could be hiding in his cupboard eating his Cornflakes

Meanwhile FGs Waffler in Chief Damien English tells the nation that clothes are not essential items. English has always been a bit of an eejit but this takes the biscuit.

https://twitter.com/JOEdotie/status/1322129096420282368

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Will this open the floodgate of all the FG councillors investigated by SIPO

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah but Blanch is operating Operation Paranoia in his head, those Provos could be hiding in his cupboard eating his Cornflakes

Meanwhile FGs Waffler in Chief Damien English tells the nation that clothes are not essential items. English has always been a bit of an eejit but this takes the biscuit.

His cornflakes AND his biscuits? Good lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will this open the floodgate of all the FG councillors investigated by SIPO

Speaking of which former solicitor and FG local election candidate Lyndsey Clarke just got convicted of large scale bank fraud and running a fake identity factory. The scam she was running involved paying homeless people for their PPS numbers and then using their identities to get bank loans totaling some 400,000 euro.

Lyndsey is heading to prison next month. I wonder will she put this photo up on her cell wall to remind her of the good times

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ5okLMIwLGEMKwMjGh7DIjUG0h4YWeABlwfA&usqp=CAU

#notanormalparty

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Speaking of which former solicitor and FG local election candidate Lyndsey Clarke just got convicted of large scale bank fraud and running a fake identity factory. The scam she was running involved paying homeless people for their PPS numbers and then using their identities to get bank loans totaling some 400,000 euro.

Lyndsey is heading to prison next month. I wonder will she put this photo up on her cell wall to remind her of the good times

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ5okLMIwLGEMKwMjGh7DIjUG0h4YWeABlwfA&usqp=CAU

#notanormalparty

Jesus.

Does that mean the other thread is now free to be reopened? There's a few lads around here won't like that if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jaysus, lads, I didn’t think SF sorts would be too quick to bring up former members in prison!!

Jonathan Dowdall and Pearse McAuley were still in SF when they were arrested. This lady is ex-FG. Don’t have a crystal ball in Mount Street Lower.

Jonathan Dowdall and Pearse McAuley were still in SF when they were arrested.

Sean Conlan :confused:

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sean Conlan :confused:

Not to mention 'gimme loads of Sterling' himself.

Would you be willing to be told what is 'essential' in your grocery basket?

Some of us prepared for lockdown by buying in whatever we might need for the 6 weeks, knowing that movement would be restricted. Just takes a bit of planning. As the boy Roy said “fail to prepare, prepare to fail”. Or were the government supposed to do that preparation for us?

Some of us prepared for lockdown by buying in whatever we might need for the 6 weeks, knowing that movement would be restricted. Just takes a bit of planning. As the boy Roy said “fail to prepare, prepare to fail”. Or were the government supposed to do that preparation for us?

Sure pensioners and people on minimum wage bulk buy clothes and food all the time...or is it their tough ****?
    Either way, fair question, why is booze essential but not clothes?

The poster said they would just get the 'groceries they need'.

As English has decided that 'clothes are not essential', I asked: would you like somebody going through your grocery trolley deciding what was 'essential'?

• Advertisement

Photos of Damien English' last constituency meeting have been leaked online.

e33b590a36becdc58be2a96b3423a970388640be.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I'd agree ré clothes, perhaps even a couple of hours a day.
    Maybe I'm odd, but I like new socks and underwear fairly regularly myself.
    I can easily walk into a hardware shop beside me and get thick working socks and work clothes, but I don't need or like thick socks personally and I don't need snickers type clothing either.
    There's no doubt that many mothers also get a, lot of stuff for their children on children's allowance day for instance and with active kids it is hard to keep play clothes for them.
    I know many use penny's for instance, and buy cheap stuff regularly for that.
    A bit of sense perhaps.

I'd agree ré clothes, perhaps even a couple of hours a day.
    Maybe I'm odd, but I like new socks and underwear fairly regularly myself.
    I can easily walk into a hardware shop beside me and get thick working socks and work clothes, but I don't need or like thick socks personally and I don't need snickers type clothing either.
    There's no doubt that many mothers also get a, lot of stuff for their children on children's allowance day for instance and with active kids it is hard to keep play clothes for them.
    I know many use penny's for instance, and buy cheap stuff regularly for that.
    A bit of sense perhaps.

I think it was more him stating clothes weren't essential. Like most things we can have essential clothing such as you describe, a pair of gloves, scarf etc. more of an issue in winter. Would be easy enough to open the clothes aisles in the grocery store combo places.

The issue is if you let one clothes shop open then you let them all open. And then other retailers will ask why they can’t open. You can’t have hundreds of people inside in Penny’s in Henry Street.

It’s tough on people but we’re in the middle of a pandemic and the next few weeks are critical. I don’t believe anyone is in danger of running out of clothes.

More attempts to create a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal. Fake outrage.

The issue is if you let one clothes shop open then you let them all open. And then other retailers will ask why they can’t open. You can’t have hundreds of people inside in Penny’s in Henry Street.

It’s tough on people but we’re in the middle of a pandemic and the next few weeks are critical. I don’t believe anyone is in danger of running out of clothes.

More attempts to create a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal. Fake outrage.

Second claim of outrage by the 'nothing to see here' lobby today. Not outrage, discussion.
    Like bars with food verses pubs, don't see the problem with food stores with clothes verses clothes shops etc.

You can get a whiskey but no jocks.

Johnny...Damien English on behalf of the government made 'the big deal' here by not being reasonable and fair.

Johnny...Damien English on behalf of the government made 'the big deal' here by not being reasonable and fair.

What’s reasonable and fair?

What’s reasonable and fair?

Not coming out with nonsense would be reasonable.

Being able to buy as much alcohol as you want but not clothes or a book isn't fair on any one.

Not coming out with nonsense would be reasonable.

Being able to buy as much alcohol as you want but not clothes or a book isn't fair on any one.

So would you close off-licences and open clothes shops? Wanna see what the alternative suggestions are here. What’s going on in NI btw?

• Advertisement

So would you close off-licences and open clothes shops? Wanna see what the alternative suggestions are here. What’s going on in NI btw?

I would be off the opinion that you cannot tell people that one thing is essential and another is not.
    If you allow shopping then why not alliow all and be very severe if people abuse it?
    Seems a fairer way to me. Penalise those who deserve it.

Advertisement