Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Another stupid episode caused by advisors sitting on their holes not doing their job
    It is important to cut down loitering in shops yes
    But just allow click and collect for clothes and returns
    Most drapers have a 48hr decontamination clothes racks for tried on clothes which would also do for the click and collect returns
    Sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    Another stupid episode caused by advisors sitting on their holes not doing their job
    It is important to cut down loitering in shops yes
    But just allow click and collect for clothes and returns
    Most drapers have a 48hr decontamination clothes racks for tried on clothes which would also do for the click and collect returns
    Sorted

I'd expect the 'advisors' are more about personal PR than policy, not that they are doing great work there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    I'd expect the 'advisors' are more about personal PR than policy, not that they are doing great work there either.

Tbf lads, what do yiz want.
    I was against the strict lockdown, still am, I think its too much.
    But some of yiz were on the Govts back for weeks for not adhering to the medical advice, yet yiz are still giving out about that when they impose it.
    Level 5 is pretty clear as to what's essential and what isn't, yiz got your wish but still blah blah blah etc, it's not right.

Tbf lads, what do yiz want.
    I was against the strict lockdown, still am, I think its too much.
    But some of yiz were on the Govts back for weeks for not adhering to the medical advice, yet yiz are still giving out about that when they impose it.
    Level 5 is pretty clear as to what's essential and what isn't, yiz got your wish but still blah blah blah etc, it's not right.

Why are you always complaining or giving out about people passing comment on topic, in the correct thread? If you're not diverting you're questioning the poster's intent or telling lies. Why is stopping these discussions so important to you?
    These are fair questions on government actions/statements. Damo said clothes weren't essential. It's open to debate and what's the harm? You can get booze, but not a coat. Fair query. I made similar about schools and pubs and was accused of questioning NPHET or thinking I knew better.
    I think the paranoia has set in since partnering with FF.

Why are you always complaining or giving out about people passing comment on topic, in the correct thread? If you're not diverting you're questioning the poster's intent or telling lies. Why is stopping these discussions so important to you?
    These are fair questions on government actions/statements. Damo said clothes weren't essential. It's open to debate and what's the harm? You can get booze, but not a coat. Fair query. I made similar about schools and pubs and was accused of questioning NPHET or thinking I knew better.
    I think the paranoia has set in since partnering with FF.

Clothes are essential, Damo was wrong in that.
    Did you not push for level five earlier than it came and now its here you want to debate it? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Every time Damian English is on telly you know nobody else wanted to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Did you not push for level five earlier than it came and now its here you want to debate it? Really?

Everything the Government or the perceived elite do = automatically bad, incompetent, potentially criminal in the eyes of Bowie and the lads.

Alternative = loony left-wing pie-in-the-sky stuff, SF, pipe dream utopia fantasies, bit of 'fúck the system' about it all.

It's student union politics level stuff. Most folks grow out of it.

Cool. That's the talk alright.
    You can want to follow what's the best health advice and still comment on issues as they arise. People are complex. Getting back to the pub thing. I was on board with whatever the advice was from them who know best, yet curious as to why distanced boozing was worse than distant boozing with chicken wings. Human nature Bish. In short saying 'clothes aren't essential' while supporting the availability of booze is worthy of comment IMO, level 5 or no.

It's the type of thing lads like this..
    Everything the Government or the perceived elite do = automatically bad, incompetent, potentially criminal in the eyes of Bowie and the lads.

Alternative = loony left-wing pie-in-the-sky stuff, SF, pipe dream utopia fantasies, bit of 'fúck the system' about it all.

..either don't understand or pretend not to because it suits their political biases. You can see by the silly little generalities with no real basis in thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Huffy and petulant nonsense.

Only a fraction of what the government does gets mentioned here.

Have some perspective there Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Interesting development tonight. Seems like the view on GDPR came from Government not the AG.

https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1322266951843012611?s=19

• Advertisement

Cool. That's the talk alright.
    You can want to follow what's the best health advice and still comment on issues as they arise. People are complex. Getting back to the pub thing. I was on board with whatever the advice was from them who know best, yet curious as to why distanced boozing was worse than distant boozing with chicken wings. Human nature Bish. In short saying 'clothes aren't essential' while supporting the availability of booze is worthy of comment IMO, level 5 or no.

It's the type of thing lads like this..

..either don't understand or pretend not to because it suits their political biases. You can see by the silly little generalities with no real basis in thought.

Or, you can hitch yourself to any old anti govt piss talk.
    Gemma and yourself would get on I'd say.
    If we'd had level five with exceptions yiz would have been on here harping about the levels plus or minus fractions
    You made it quite plain you wanted level five, now you want to make an issue with level five and make exceptions, because someone else decided to go with campaigning for exceptions.
    The band wagon rolls on, wheeeew wheeeew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

If we'd had level five with exceptions yiz would have been on here harping about the levels plus or minus fractions
    You made it quite plain you wanted level five, now you want to make an issue with level five and make exceptions, because someone else decided to go with campaigning for exceptions.

Christ would someone just give Bowie a free house and be done with him

Truthvader wrote: »

Are you not banned?

Is there life on Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So would you close off-licences and open clothes shops? Wanna see what the alternative suggestions are here. What’s going on in NI btw?

Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland closed schools but kept the off-licences open.

Priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Such a plaintive leave us alone plea, bless Bish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

The poster said they would just get the 'groceries they need'.

As English has decided that 'clothes are not essential', I asked: would you like somebody going through your grocery trolley deciding what was 'essential'?

No I wouldn’t like that, but that’s not what’s happening. Regardless of what English said last night, clothing retail is not essential, clothes are, but not the retail sale of them in shops. You can buy any clothes online from pretty much all the major retailers and have them delivered within a day or two. There’s no prohibition on buying clothes, you just can’t buy them from a bricks and mortar shop.

It’s good to see our numbers in relation to Covid are ok the right track, especially compared to most of our neighbours in Europe. Perhaps the government decisions were correct.

Thats lovely chat Bish. So discussing if clothes are essential or not or as essential as booze is akin to being anti mask or whatever your one is?
    As I said yis must get comfort believing you do no wrong and everyone is just bias for the laugh. FG out of touch and living in a dream.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland closed schools but kept the off-licences open.

Priorities.

Obsessed. Wrong thread horse.

Very worried for you TV. Maybe stop checking for keyholder announcements, (the troubles are over) and actually read the comments have you foaming at the mouth ;)

• Advertisement

Thats lovely chat Bish. So discussing if clothes are essential or not or as essential as booze is akin to being anti mask or whatever your one is?
    As I said yis must get comfort believing you do no wrong and everyone is just bias for the laugh. FG out of touch and living in a dream.

Why discuss it now? What changed your mind?
    The levels as stated are quite clear, I read them and knew what they entailed closing, I thought it was too much, I knew what I thought essential and not, and clothing would have been on my essential list especially at this time of year and the oh so changeable weather.
    I said level 5 was too harsh imo.
    But you wanted level 5, not because you wanted level 5 apparently, but because you thought Leo/FG/govt didn't.
    That's the way I see it.
    Perhaps you could tell me now what level you would favour or tweaks you would like to see and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whatever is against what the Govt want is the answer to that Bish.

Whatever is against what the Govt want is the answer to that Bish.

Lot of anger Brendi bai! Best avoided Brendi!

The bould Conor staying very ‘schtumm’ up there, I see.

Looks like the rozzers getting involved now, might loosen a few tongues eh.

Sauce for the goose an all that........

golfball37 wrote: »

Jesus, will the village have to lawyer up
    Theres a lot of hearsay and conjecture in there
    No evidence of where MoT got that file either or whether it was a draft or privileged even
    I feel sorry for Maithu o Túathail who is a very kind soul
    Nothing convincing either given the headline, other than MoT likes to blow about his contacts.
    Its also padded with lines like 'Barrett who works at Dennis O'brien's Beacon hospital '
    That has nothing to do with the allegation
    But it does show the writers agenda
    I'd have left that bit out

They even say 'may' further in,which is not definite unlike the headline

You'd imagine though,its rose their sales a bit this week among the Leo the leak twitterati, who having seen the article is free are cursing themselves this morning for having rushed out to buy it

I'd say there'll be no action because a known tactic in dealing with mischievous allegations like for example those for years against Gerry Adams by media set against you is to ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

It has to be addressed one way or the other. There’s a potential custodial sentence if the allegations are true and it can’t be ignored because of the publications agenda.

golfball37 wrote: »
    It has to be addressed one way or the other. There’s a potential custodial sentence if the allegations are true and it can’t be ignored because of the publications agenda.

That would need a complaint to Gardaí
    No shortage of takers on that I'd say

• Advertisement

Advertisement