Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

It’s one thing posting a tweet from them, but some randomer with a picture of the article saying varadkar knew it was coming adds nothing and just spams the thread. A one line post turns into a full page of space, at least on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tobsey wrote: »
    It’s one thing posting a tweet from them, but some randomer with a picture of the article saying varadkar knew it was coming adds nothing and just spams the thread. A one line post turns into a full page of space, at least on the mobile site.

I was responding to the idea that Twitter is unreliable-fullstop.

It is no more unreliable as a newspaper or somebody on the telly or radio. You need to use your brain with any media.

Constantly reacting the way Maryanne or blanch does to 'Twitter' is spamming the thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

As were Bunty, Judy and The Beano back in the day. I believed everything they wrote!

Twitter doesn't "write" the stuff you believe or don't believe Maryanne, that's like saying you don't believe notepads and jotters.

Now, repeat after me.....

Twitter - is - a - platform - for - users - to - interact - with - each - other.

The Fine Gael party have a Twitter account FFS.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Twitter doesn't "write" the stuff you believe or don't believe Maryanne, that's like saying you don't believe notepads and jotters.

Now, repeat after me.....

Twitter - is - a - platform - for - users - to - interact - with - each - other.

The Fine Gael party have a Twitter account FFS.

God Bless your innocence, Macca. Do you really believe ALL that you read on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Boards, etc?

God Bless your innocence, Macca. Do you really believe ALL that you read on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Boards, etc?

Ah here, at first I thought you were being naive, now you're just being intentionally dumb.

Go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I must say I find it funny how FGers on here dont understand Twitter, dont know how to use it and are actually scared of it. Meanwhile the rest of the world uses it day in day out. Maybe they should contact this guy in YFG and ask him for lessons on how to use it.

D2XNaC0X0AAFB4h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

tobsey wrote: »
    It’s one thing posting a tweet from Richard Chambers, but a tweet from some randomer is not news.

And to the other person who said he’d be challenged for links, the tweet had a photo of the article that we’ve been discussing the last two days. The article itself is the source for saying Varadkar knew it was coming. No need for a tweet to make the point

Sure Leo and Simon Harris retweet anonymous accounts constantly.

smurgen wrote: »
    Sure Leo and Simon Harris retweet anonymous accounts constantly.

#Concannonbot was trending on Twitter quite a number of times this year.

Anyone hear Brophy earlier?

Apparently he was diabolical just kept repeating the same spiel over and over again.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1322940836880015361?s=19

#Concannonbot was trending on Twitter quite a number of times this year.

I can see why.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1319702538808156165?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Anyone hear Brophy earlier?

Apparently he was diabolical just kept repeating the same spiel over and over again.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1322940836880015361?s=19

Gerry Hutch would do the same when being questioned by the Gardaí.
    Just stare at the wall and repeat the same thing over and over.
    FG probably use the same solicitors and tactics.
    #notanormalparty

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1322947133226496001?s=19

But seriously lads, I'm actually beginning to think Leo is finished after this, how can anyone trust him with sensitive confidential information again?

The lads initially dismissing the village magazine as a "the village lol," who are they" kind of an outfit will have serious egg on their face if it's the village magazine that ultimately proves to be the downfall of "most popular party leader".

The leaky one may well be done.

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1322947133226496001?s=19

But seriously lads, I'm actually beginning to think Leo is finished after this, how can anyone trust him with sensitive confidential information again?

The lads initially dismissing the village magazine as a "me," who are they" kind of an outfit will have serious egg on their face if it's the village magazine that ultimately proves to be the downfall of "most popular party leader".

The leaky one may well be done.

I think he's done for just the timeframe I'm wondering.i reckon two weeks. There'll be more come out yet and he'll be radioactive. And inability to keep confidential info confidential is toxic in any large organization.

I wonder if Twitter is seeing an increase in links to Boards.ie?

I wonder if Twitter is seeing an increase in links to Boards.ie?

Twitter isn't a sentient being Maryanne, it is a platform. You need to understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Everything the Government or the perceived elite do = automatically bad, incompetent, potentially criminal in the eyes of Bowie and the lads.

Alternative = loony left-wing pie-in-the-sky stuff, SF, pipe dream utopia fantasies, bit of 'fúck the system' about it all.

It's student union politics level stuff. Most folks grow out of it.

Where you gone, dude, deafening radio silence dude, is your boss in a spot of bother dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    The health minister hadn't seen the agreement?
    Are you sure about that?

Yes, he said so in the Dail. This was after Leo had leaked.

If i recall correctly frances fitzgerald ended up resigning for lying to/misled the dail.....surely if harris is found to have done same here,he is on borrowed time

I doubt Harris knew what Leo was at. I don't believe it was completed when he whats app'd it or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger here today....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Bowie wrote: »
    Yes, he said so in the Dail. This was after Leo had leaked.

Oh I see,the way you phrased it,I thought you meant the health minister at the time which was Simon Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Where you gone, dude, deafening radio silence dude, is your boss in a spot of bother dude

He's a tea boy at RTE they're flat out drinking tea and buttering digestives trying to figure how to re-spin this in Varadkars favour

Lot of anger here today....

Whole lot of dudes angry at home today Brendi, with no broadband. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I'm leaning to thinking you are right, although I genuinely don't know. The statement to the Dail will probably be more of the same, so depends on what FF and the Greens do.

In one way he's no loss, I always thought Coveney had more substance to him, and his looking after those who got up early was also complete BS, instead favouring the usual nonsense of looking after the "most vulnerable". But you need a salesman unfortunately to have any hope in the era of soundbite politics, whether that is Leo or not in future will be revealed.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Oh I see,the way you phrased it,I thought you meant the health minister at the time which was Simon Harris

The point is it was not available to anybody because it had not been finalised when Leo sent it to his pal. It was not mostly in the public domain, Leo was not trying to get things moving or whatever. If that were true why only send it to his pal? Cronyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bowie wrote: »
    The point is it was not available to anybody because it had not been finalised when Leo sent it to his pal. It was not mostly in the public domain, Leo was not trying to get things moving or whatever. If that were true why only send it to his pal? Cronyism.

And if it was in the public domain, why send it?
    MM and the Greens however are swallowing this guff so leave them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭satguy

As it stands.

The end of of 2020 is just around the corner.

We have had a good look at our 3 Government Parties,, So the question left to ask is, what have we learned so far. (SF & IND will only be a footnote here)

Lets Begin

FF. (Farmers, Shopkeepers, Publicans, and Accidental Landlords)
    Having let FG pick all the top ministerial folders, thus leaving only Arts or The Gaeltacht to worry about. It has been more or less a free ride for FF, and with COVID-19 with us now, It even gave FF some Health Officials to hide behind as extra cover. All in all, good times for FF, no stress.
    SCORE = 10/10 ...... LEFT TO DO = New Leader

FG to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »
    As it stands.

We have had a good look at our 3 Government Parties,, So the question left to ask is, what have we learned so far. (SF & IND will only be a footnote here)

Lets Begin

Having let FG pick all the top ministerial folders, thus leaving only Arts or The Gaeltacht to worry about. It has been more or less a free ride for FF, and with COVID-19 with us now, It even gave FF some Health Officials to hide behind as extra cover. All in all, good times for FF, no stress.

FG to follow

FF 10 out of 10, if this was another poster I would say it was a joke but you are probably being serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭satguy

As it stands.

Lets Begin

FG.. (EX Bankers, EX Stockbrokers, EX Vulture fund managers, or Friends with vulture fund managers)
    With their boss out of country due to COVID-19, and most of our economy closed down, this year has seen corruption at an all time low. Some of their friends must surely be hurting. But what has been bad for them, has been good for us. Barring the odd granting of Planning Permission for some of their vulture fund buddies, I would say, the normal man in the street is unharmed so far this year.
    SCORE 5/10 ......... LEFT TO DO = New Leader

GP to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

satguy wrote: »
    As it stands.

Lets Begin

FG to follow

:):):)

Advertisement