Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The housing situation is going to come back seriously on ffg. Its the reason fg took such a hit last election. If ffg have to start introducing austerity budgets, due to their very poor handling of the situation, before the next election... "all in it together until" until it starts hitting the so far uneffecteds pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

FG people should ask is Leo now bigger than the party? His behavior plays to the base but alienates floating voters like myself. SF have become contenders under his stewardship, that will be his legacy.

satguy wrote: »
    As it stands.

The end of of 2020 is just around the corner.

We have had a good look at our 3 Government Parties,, So the question left to ask is, what have we learned so far. (SF & IND will only be a footnote here)

Lets Begin

FG.. (EX Bankers, EX Stockbrokers, EX Vulture fund managers, or Friends with vulture fund managers)
    With their boss out of country due to COVID-19, and most of our economy closed down, this year has seen corruption at an all time low. Some of their friends must surely be hurting. But what has been bad for them, has been good for us. Barring the odd granting of Planning Permission for some of their vulture fund buddies, I would say, the normal man in the street is unharmed so far this year.
    SCORE 5/10 ......... LEFT TO DO = New Leader

GP to follow

Far less chance of fraudulent claims, when sophies bar is closed!

golfball37 wrote: »
    FG people should ask is Leo now bigger than the party? His behavior plays to the base but alienates floating voters like myself. SF have become contenders under his stewardship, that will be his legacy.

All my mates were ex fg voters, all working , good education etc. That fraud, will gove free houses , medical cards, cash out to that dont vote or certainly wouldnt vote for him! Spinelss weasel that he is. But he will happily impoverish his own generation on property prices aswell. Still a scandalous marginal rate of tax etc despite nearly a decade in power and boom 2. Listen all you shills or fg hq strategists, if your womdering why many walked away from fg and wont return, there is only so much lying and bull**** you can get away with, before the people wake up. Even if your best buddies in rte do everything to further your cause...

Id say there will be another exodus of the skilled and young as soon as soon as they can leave, once we pay enough to keep margaret cash and the legions like her here, happy days though !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Idbatterim wrote: »
    All my mates were ex fg voters, all working , good education etc. That fraud, will gove free houses , medical cards, cash out to that dont vote or certainly wouldnt vote for him! Spinelss weasel that he is. But he will happily impoverish his own geberation on property prices aswell. Still a scandLoud marginal rate of tax etc despite nearly a decade in power and boom 2. Listen all you shills or fg hq strategists, if your womderi.g why many walked away from fg and wont return, there is only so much lying and bull**** you can gwt away with, before the people wake up. Even if your best buddies in rte do everything to further your cause...

Spelling check completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭satguy

christy c wrote: »
    FF 10 out of 10, if this was another poster I would say it was a joke but you are probably being serious.

Read it again christy ,, your not getting the point. It's easy to score 10/10 if all you do is hide.

Now Do U See !!

Spelling check completed.

Lol! Forgive me for not checking the spelling first, when typing out thousands of words a day from a smartphone. Hopefully you are smart enough to work out what I meant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Read it again christy ,, your not getting the point. It's easy to score 10/10 if all you do is hide.

Now Do U See !!

Once is enough to read your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lol! Forgive me for not checking the spelling first, when typing out thousands of words a day from a smartphone. Hopefully you are smart enough to work out what I meant...

I got the nuts and bolts of it alright:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yes, no bother there, happens me too.
    A rant with emotion, anger leads to mistakes too.

• Advertisement

As it stands.

We have had a good look at our 3 Government Parties,, So the question left to ask is, what have we learned so far. (SF & IND will only be a footnote here)

Lets Begin

Green Party . (FG on Bikes, with some Hippies and Vegetarians thrown in)
    With 7 seats, and a place at the cabinet table, this should have been their moment to shine, Their time in the sun. To show us all how better off we could be, if we voted Green. Alas, it has not turned that way for them, It has been a disaster for them. With their leader asleep at the wheel, and their policies in disarray. They will be lucky if they ever win a seat again.
    SCORE 1/10 .. LEFT TO DO = New Leader

The greens i will vote for again regardless, the attitude to the envirinment and sustainability here is a disgrace! They areca poor version of a green party, but the only one we have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And if it was in the public domain, why send it?
    MM and the Greens however are swallowing this guff so leave them at it.

I doubt they are. MM doesn't want an election and the Greens have their arses on nice government cushions. In any case Leo's own version means he leaked to his pal. Why he claims he did it is neither here nor there.

FF 10 out of 10, if this was another poster I would say it was a joke but you are probably being serious.

TBF we've had FG'ers say the reverse, FG got it all their way etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    I doubt they are. MM doesn't want an election and the Greens have their arses on nice government cushions. In any case Leo's own version means he leaked to his pal. Why he claims he did it is neither here nor there.

Exactly. If he escapes sanction here the precedent will have been set...FG/FF nirvana - no accountability at all, if you say it was done in what you thought was the national interest.

TBF we've had FG'ers say the reverse, FG got it all their way etc.

How does that justify the absurd 10/10 score for FF?

How does that justify the absurd 10/10 score for FF?

Pointing out others post similar from the other way is all.
    Personally I wrote off FF years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

With 7 seats, and a place at the cabinet table, this should have been their moment to shine, Their time in the sun. To show us all how better off we could be, if we voted Green. Alas, it has not turned that way for them, It has been a disaster for them. With their leader asleep at the wheel, and their policies in disarray. They will be lucky if they ever win a seat again.
    The Green Party will clearly lose all of the virtue-signalling vote but they may well hang on to the true environmentalist vote if they veto any support for the aviation sector.

Pointing out others post similar from the other way is all.
    Personally I wrote off FF years ago.

You wrote FF years ago yet it was my comment criticising the absurd 10/10 rating for FF that you responded to. Right.

You wrote FF years ago yet it was my comment criticising the absurd 10/10 rating for FF that you responded to. Right.

Oh ffs....whatever Christy.

• Advertisement

Oh ffs....whatever Christy.

I've already explained to Christy how easy it is to score 10/10,, But he just can't see. Or doesn't want to ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

As it stands.

Lets Begin

SCORE 1/10 .. LEFT TO DO = New Leader

I would suggest that you don't give up the day job.

I've already explained to Christy how easy it is to score 10/10,, But he just can't see. Or doesn't want to ...

No, the issue is that yet again you are talking through your backside. Bowie seems to actually agree with me on their poor performance.

No, the issue is that yet again you are talking through your backside. Bowie seems to actually agree with me on their poor performance.

Just to clarify, you came across like you were surprised/amazed that anyone could believe FF were performing well. We'd numerous posts on FG playing a blinder too. Just pointing out it's not the first time we've had such, IMO, unfounded beliefs.
    I believe when MM got the job he was happy, job done. He doesn't seem to have much vigor and certainly no interest in causing an election. Leo won't be held over hot coals by anyone in FF or the Greens.
    This is why we need a vocal opposition. Whatever the agenda or bias, we need someone to ask questions and hold people to account. If only to stop TD's making a fool of themselves or putting trust in government into question, that's beside any findings or suspicions of conscious wrong doing.

Just to clarify, you came across like you were surprised/amazed that anyone could believe FF were performing well. We'd numerous posts on FG playing a blinder too. Just pointing out it's not the first time we've had such, IMO, unfounded beliefs.
    I believe when MM got the job he was happy, job done. He doesn't seem to have much vigor and certainly no interest in causing an election. Leo won't be held over hot coals by anyone in FF or the Greens.
    This is why we need a vocal opposition. Whatever the agenda or bias, we need someone to ask questions and hold people to account. If only to stop TD's making a fool of themselves or putting trust in government into question, that's beside any findings or suspicions of conscious wrong doing.

I was surprised anyone could give FF 10/10 (or any party for that matter). It seems you agree with me on this given that you wrote them off.

I was surprised anyone could give FF 10/10 (or any party for that matter). It seems you agree with me on this given that you wrote them off.

I'm of the belief that FF are a sham party with only the pretense of public representation. I know you could say similar about many parties but FF have sealed it without question over the decades IMO.
    Again, I've a low opinion of FG and have read a few posts on here regarding FG playing a blinder based on posts taken in current government and sitting back to allow FF destroy itself etc.
    In short anyone posting about how great any party is wouldn't surprise. It was a throwaway comment, at least I thought it was.

It was a throwaway comment, at least I thought it was.

It wasn’t, hence why I commented on it. He even repeated it.

It wasn’t, hence why I commented on it. He even repeated it.

Was talking about mine.

If FF do nothing,, never make a decision, in fact do nothing at all.

If they let FG have all the top ministerial positions, you know, the ones that can get a bit sticky once in a while. (all the time).
    Then COVID comes, and all FF do is nod and hide behind what our Health Officials say, and do what they are told.

Then it's Job Done.

They made no decisions.
    They implemented no policies.
    They said nothing, and in so doing, said nothing wrong.
    They left Leo out in front to take all the flack.
    They did nothing but cash their wage checks every month.

And earned a perfect score of 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,795 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Leo goes as leader, Simon or Paschal take over?

Advertisement