Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Lads yiz are hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lads yiz are hilarious.

How so? What are you trying to say? I don't care if Mother Theresa or Eamon DeValera tries to hold Leo to account or show up FF/FG/Greens for backing him, it's doing the state a service.
    What's your problem? The issue doesn't matter it's who raises it? Surely that's the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You'd really start to wonder at all what sort of candidates FG have in their ranks at all.

https://twitter.com/Astraea1974/status/1324714620158910471?s=19

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is illegal to pay a fee to a board member of a charity.

How then is pieta house in the 2019 accounts paying 3 employees above 70K per annum,one of them above 90K??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Charities are allowed to have full time administrative employees
    I'm not comfortable with the Pieta house bashing on these threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nobotty wrote: »
    Charities are allowed to have full time administrative employees
    I'm not comfortable with the Pieta house bashing on these threads

Quote the "Pieta house bashing" please.

Isn't regina Doherty the person who had American journalist stopped and cautioned by Gardai at Dublin airport for facebook comments? Probably the last person to care about mental health.

McMurphy wrote: »

You said you weren't going to contribute to them anymore

You said you weren't going to contribute to them anymore

How in under jaysis is that Pieta house bashing?

I didn't put Regina on their board (which would be my sole reason for refusing to donate to them again)

I didn't put Regina on their board (which would be my sole reason for refusing to donate to them again)

I'm not interested in McMurphy bashing either but I think nobody should be discouraging supporting Pieta because of politics
    I dont care if Pol pot is on that board
    Well actually I do
    But you know what I mean
    I've no idea how vagina got on the board but she would have had to be proposed and seconded and voted in by the board if its like any voluntary board I've been on

• Advertisement

Pretty bitter really.
    Pieta does help a lot of people who need their support and I think using Regina Doherty against them is poor form.
    You brought it up the other day, highlighted it and said you wouldn't donate to them because of it, that's expressing a view on a public forum where it could be construed as trying to put a message out agains the charity because you don't like a board member.
    Would you not vote for a political party because you didn't like an individual in it even though you thought it was a good party, just to put it in context?

I'm not interested in McMurphy bashing either but I think nobody should be discouraging supporting Pieta because of politics
    I dont care if Pol pot is on that board
    Well actually I do
    But you know what I mean
    I've no idea how vagina got on the board but she would have had to be proposed and seconded and voted in by the board if its like any voluntary board I've been on

Unsure if intentional or not. :pac:

I'm not discouraging anyone else from adopting the same stance as me, Regina's appointment to the board is baffling and stinks to me - hence why Pieta house is another charity I won't contribute to while failed politicians are shunted to their board.

Anyone else wants to contribute, that's their choice. You haven't pointed out any posts house bashing btw.

Leo Varadkar said today that "he didn't know Regina Doherty was on the board of Pieta"? house?

Considering the previous govts attitude to housing and homelessness in general, i can add them to the list of charities I completely refuse to contribute to.

You seem to suggest that Pieta House was a homeless charity.

You seem to suggest that Pieta House was a homeless charity.

Maryanne, would you like me to quote yours and others in this thread defending govt homelessness records and using the "mental health" card in doing so?

Mental health and homelessness goes hand in hand.

Maryanne, would you like me to quote your defence of govt homelessness records and using the "mental health" card in doing so?

Simply pointing out how you seemed to suggest that Pieta House was a homeless charity when it’s a suicide support one. It may not have been what you meant, just pointing out that’s how it read.
    I’m a director of a charity and don’t get a red cent for it. I do it for the love of what the charity does.

It was intentional!

Thank you for the clarification

I would urge everyone to continue to contribute to pieta events
    It does very very important work
    Cherished work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jesus Christ.

Any, Murph wanted someone to take him up on his bet. Turns out no member of the boards of trustees of a charity gets paid. That said, I'm going to make a donation to Pieta House anyway. Grim reading the last few pages tbh.

Pieta.png

Jesus Christ.

Any, Murph wanted someone to take him up on his bet. Turns out no member of the boards of trustees of a charity gets paid. That said, I'm going to make a donation to Pieta House anyway. Grim reading the last few pages tbh.

Pieta.png

Super Johnny, absolutely delighted to see that and fair play to you.

Maryanne, would you like me to quote yours and others in this thread defending govt homelessness records and using the "mental health" card in doing so?

Simply pointing out how you seemed to suggest that Pieta House was a homeless charity when it’s a suicide support one. It may not have been what you meant, just pointing out that’s how it read.
    I’m a director of a charity and don’t get a red cent for it. I do it for the love of what the charity does.

I couldn't care less "how you read it" - if you or others don't believe I knew exactly what Pieta house worked with (considering this house took part in the darkness into light events on numerous occasions) that's on you.

Are you going to deny making numerous comparisons to homelessness and psychiatric disorders on this website, and excusing the government's responsibility for one, as a result of the other? Yes or no?

Sinn féin are thin on charitable donations Maryanne, but taking advantage of mental illness may well be part of their mechanism.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-wont-commit-to-giving-to-charity-any-of-47m-gifted-to-sinn-fein-by-ill-man-38777266.html

• Advertisement

Sinn féin are thin on charitable donations Maryanne, but taking advantage of mental illness may well be part of their mechanism.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-wont-commit-to-giving-to-charity-any-of-47m-gifted-to-sinn-fein-by-ill-man-38777266.html

Sinn Fein again.

On the fine gael thread.

Just saying.

Sinn Fein again.

On the fine gael thread.

Just saying.

I know, me too.

Jesus Christ.

Pieta.png

You did or you're going to?

I couldn't care less "how you read it" - if you or others don't believe I knew exactly what Pieta house worked with (considering this house took part in the darkness into light events on numerous occasions) that's on you.

Are you going to deny making numerous comparisons to homelessness and psychiatric disorders on this website, and excusing the government's responsibility for one, as a result of the other? Yes or no?

Dude, you’ve lost the plot.

I take it that you weren’t associating two totally different charities. It’s easy to edit a post to reflect your meaning.

smurgen wrote: »
    You did or you're going to?

For a lad that links so much stuff, can you not read?
    It's a thanks for 150 euro.

Jesus Christ.

Pieta.png

Fairplay Johnny - you should have taken me up on the bet. I'm still waiting on something from Regina however, I'll not give you a win on this just yet.

If FFG were serious about mental health would we need so many charities to plug the gap where government resources should be?

"The budgetary allocation of €50 million for mental health is just 1% of the overall health budget for 2021 and is “totally inadequate” to meet the growing demand for services and support a new mental health strategy, the Psychiatric Nurses Association (PNA) has said"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40065236.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fairplay Johnny - you should have taken me up on the bet. I'm still waiting on something from Regina however, I'll not give you a win on this just yet.

I did take you up on the bet.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115188805&postcount=1931

Do what you like. You hate FG and Regina Doherty so much you were prepared to make a political football out of a fúcking suicide prevention charity.

As I said, Jesus Christ. :confused:

For a lad that links so much stuff, can you not read?
    It's a thanks for 150 euro.

He said he was going to. That would indicate it was done yet. Maybe it's a mistake on his side. Fair play to him though if it was just a typo and not a lie.

• Advertisement

I did take you up on the bet.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115188805&postcount=1931

Do what you like. You hate FG and Regina Doherty so much you were prepared to make a political football out of a fúcking suicide prevention charity.

As I said, Jesus Christ. :confused:

Whoever thought it was a cute idea plonking a failed business owner, and a failed political figure onto the board of that charity made it "a political football"

That's not on me I'm afraid.

Advertisement