Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Whoever thought it was a cute idea plonking a failed business owner, and a failed political figure onto the board of that charity made it "a political football"

That's not on me I'm afraid.

Nail on head. Here's hoping such an important organization can find someone without the baggage of a candidate like Regina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

smurgen wrote: »
    If FFG were serious about mental health would we need so many charities to plug the gap where government resources should be?

"The budgetary allocation of €50 million for mental health is just 1% of the overall health budget for 2021 and is “totally inadequate” to meet the growing demand for services and support a new mental health strategy, the Psychiatric Nurses Association (PNA) has said"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40065236.html

We spend 7 to 800 million on worldwide aid to other countries
    So that 50 mill is paltry
    I'd swap the 2 and put 500 mill of it into council housing
    But sure that would make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sinn féin are thin on charitable donations Maryanne, but taking advantage of mental illness may well be part of their mechanism.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-wont-commit-to-giving-to-charity-any-of-47m-gifted-to-sinn-fein-by-ill-man-38777266.html

So Mary Lou doesn't want to virtue signal about what SF do with the money. Maybe she should wave it around for political advantage? We can all do that, 'look at me, shure I give them 10,000 a week, every week, look at me, amint I a good person and here's the proof'. :)

532061.jpg

Instead of proper mental health facilities we have ridiculous Fine Gael videos showing us how to make cups of tea. Absolutely tragic.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1324092260284248068?s=19

Whoever thought it was a cute idea plonking a failed business owner, and a failed political figure onto the board of that charity made it "a political football"

You'll have to take that up with their board
    She would have been asked
    Then the board voted
    All that minuted
    The unashamed qualification is ,reading their about page, insights aka government lobbying for funds/schemes
    I've no problem with that
    Its likely when SF enter government, they will approach one of them to join if thats their strategy

• Advertisement

So Mary Lou doesn't want to virtue signal about what SF do with the money. Maybe she should wave it around for political advantage? We can all do that, 'look at me, shure I give them 10,000 a week, every week, look at me, amint I a good person and here's the proof'. :)

532061.jpg

Whats that Francie?
    It looks like the letter we get from the church every year (except the amount)
    I don't wave it about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

532061.jpg

OK, I'm out of this one.
    I won't contribute any mór comments to you lads absolutely ridiculous bull**** on this subject.
    Just ****ing ridiculous.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Whats that Francie?
    It looks like the letter we get from the church every year (except the amount)
    I don't wave it about

Just demonstrating that some people virtue signal about charity donations and others like yourself and myself (incidentally) don't. The Indo article Bish posted is classic 'have you stopped beating your wife' territory. Ask a question when you don't get the answer you think you should, infer. A hallmark of bad or sinister journalism.

OK, I'm out of this one.
    I won't contribute any mór comments to you lads absolutely ridiculous bull**** on this subject.
    Just ****ing ridiculous.

Rattled :pac:

Seems to me,people do get paid form pieta house,wheter its the bould reggie deos is another qs,(which is somewhat irrelevant)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

OK, I'm out of this one.
    Just ****ing ridiculous.

Uncomfortable truth = ridiculous.

You even chimed in with a "shinners charity" up the yard.

• Advertisement

Just demonstrating that some people virtue signal about charity donations and others like yourself and myself (incidentally) don't. The Indo article Bish posted is classic 'have you stopped beating your wife' territory. Ask a question when you don't get the answer you think you should, infer. A hallmark of bad or sinister journalism.

Just a pointer Francie to the depths SF supporters and by virtue probably the party's attitudes to anything or anybody that that doesn't toe their line.
    A nice little inside to the boloxology that that and your type of politics can be.
    A wake up to posters that I had some respect for previously.
    Just pathetic really, God help us, tiochaidh ar lá.

Just a pointer Francie to the depths SF supporters and by virtue probably the party's attitudes to anything or anybody that that doesn't toe their line.
    A nice little inside to the boloxology that that and your type of politics can be.

Just like the letter I posted is no indication or proof that I contributed to a charity, that article you posted doesn't mean anything either.

That you have extrapolated from it what you have shows the danger of that kind of ambush journalism Bish.

I was just demonstrating that.

Rattled :pac:

Seems to me,people do get paid form pieta house,wheter its the bould reggie deos is another qs,(which is somewhat irrelevant)

Regina has been asked to clarify whether she is being paid for her role, you would think a clear and decisive "no" would be the answer if she's legally not supposed to be.

In other news - it's great to hear of all our resident FG and Green supporters being on boards of several charities (like Regina is), now might be the apt time for me to announce being on the board of the charity for retired and injured Santa's elves.

Regina has been asked to clarify whether she is being paid for her role, you would think a clear and decisive "no" would be the answer if she's legally not supposed to be.

In other news - it's great to hear of all our resident FG and Green supporters being on boards of several charities (like Regina is), now might be the apt time for me to announce being on the board of the charity for retired and injured Santa's elves.

A most worthy and touching Claus. Fair play. Do they do an annual calendar like animal charities do?

Don't feel disappointed. Your respect means very little to me if it's any consolation.

Don't feel disappointed. Your respect means very little to me if it's any consolation.

I give more credence to the forecasts of the Donegal Postman than to many on here, I'm sure they view my posts in the same way in fairness. :pac:

I wasn't referring to you if it's any consolation.

I wasn't referring to you if it's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That really sums attitudes up Randall.

Regina took risks, didn’t work out, put herself up for election and told it as it was.

She paid the price for outing the various layers of scrotes who are gaming the system, by the cretins whose contribution is to sit on the sidelines and sling mud, nothing positive, nothing risky, just jockey their ‘support’ which is the entitlement brigade,to expect the money tree to keep blooming on the backs of those who get up early.

Kinda know why you hate that kind of attitude, dude.

Regina took risks, didn’t work out, put herself up for election and told it as it was.

She paid the price for outing the various layers of scrotes who are gaming the system, by the cretins whose contribution is to sit on the sidelines and sling mud, nothing positive, nothing risky, just jockey their ‘support’ which is the entitlement brigade,to expect the money tree to keep blooming on the backs of those who get up early.

Sounds like she's used to gaming the system herself Brendi. Lot of anger in your post.hope this doesn't send you over the edge!

Meath East TD Regina Doherty could face prosecution by the Director of Corporate Enforcement following the liquidation of her Enhanced Solutions Ltd company last week.

A creditors meeting to put the business into liquidation was held last week. Losses are understood to be €280,000, including almost €60,000 owed to the Revenue Commissioners and €50,000 owed to state owned bank AIB.

Business failure is not an offence but accounts filed before the liquidation reveal damning evidence that the company was not being properly run.

In a special report dated August 2012 the company's own independent auditors said it had failed to keep proper books of accounts in 2010, the last period covered by filed financial accounts.

https://m.independent.ie/business/small-business/fine-gael-tds-firm-folds-with-debts-of-280000-29021682.html

• Advertisement

"Paid the price"? She walked away from her debts, and when she was rejected by her constituents, she was stuffed into the Seanad for her to continue to suck on the good old taxpayers teat. Don't give me that auld shyte brenner, rp won't let you try and slip that one under the door horse, ain't going to happen, sorry about that.

Pesky electorate getting in Regina's way, don't they understand what a fine upstanding business person, I mean fantastic political figure great person she is?

How dare they reject her brendy, how very dare they.

Bang of Charlie Flanagan trying to tell the public they were unreasonable for not wanting a black and tan circle jerk off this post if you don't mind me saying so.

Anyone hear Callans Kicks last night?

He ripped the absolute piss out of the Leo gate thing, but the thing that stole the show for me was his Michael/Danny Healy Rae skit. :)

Go to 14 mins in :pac: https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21861831

Anyone hear Callans Kicks last night?

He ripped the absolute piss out of the Leo gate thing, but the thing that stole the show for me was his Michael/Danny Healy Rae skit. :)

Go to 14 mins in :pac: https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21861831

Would’nt give that tosser any credence Randal.

Meanwhile we have the Shinners wasting taxpayers coin on a stupid ‘confidence’ motion they know they can’t win.

Certainly gives one a steer on what direction these negative tossers would try to drive the taxpayer if in the unlikely event they ever got near power.

Would’nt give that tosser any credence Randal.

Meanwhile we have the Shinners wasting taxpayers coin on a stupid ‘confidence’ motion they know they can’t win.

Certainly gives one a steer on what direction these negative tossers would try to drive the taxpayer if in the unlikely event they ever got near power.

The only way you could see a demand for accountability as negativity is if you're a crook. As regards taxpayers coin it's essential those that leak confidential information are removed. They cannot be involved in contract or tendering work. Especially those that do it to benefit friends. There's no way to have taxpayers money is safe with such a person in government.

The only way you could see a demand for accountability as negativity is if you're a crook. As regards taxpayers coin it's essential those that leak confidential information are removed. They cannot be involved in contract or tendering work. Especially those that do it to benefit friends. There's no way to have taxpayers money is safe with such a person in government.

You see dude, coming up with crud like that kind of crystallizes your mindset

You splatter out a ream of generalized cock, and disregard the fact that this issue has been dealt with and is now history.

What’s happening here is a bunch of negatives trying to extend an issue which has been dealt with.

Fauxe indignation and fauxe concern is all this rubbish is about..

You splatter out a ream of generalized cock, and disregard the fact that this issue has been dealt with and is now history.

What’s happening here is a bunch of negatives trying to extend an issue which has been dealt with.

How has this issue been dealt with??

Varadkar story deosnt stand upto even rudimentry scrutiny,and isnt plausible

Far far from over Brendi. During the middle of that splutterin' and stutterin' he called a defense he drop a few him dingers that were alarming to say the least. Most alarmingly was him saying he hadn't leaked "anything of this nature before." Not to say he didn't leak other items.

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1323715187006996481?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

The Lad fessed up to an error of judgement...nobody will ever get every decision right...time we moved on from this and concentrated on the more important issues of Covid and Brexit.

Opposition dooing the Irish Electorate no favours by continually raking over the coals ....

FG showing their lack of self awareness yet again on twitter, read through the comments on this brain fart tweet.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1325047622785183744?s=19

You'd forgive a man for thinking they're desperate for a distraction. :)

• Advertisement

Some at FG asking us to consider Trump ��

https://twitter.com/SeanKellyMEP/status/1325196010910601216?s=19

Advertisement