Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

some cheek, of all posters, to throw this at anyone else tbh

How so? I get this a lot from your lobby always short on quotes or back up.
    The assumption is everyone has the same level of empathy as FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    How so? I get this a lot from your lobby always short on quotes or back up.
    The assumes everyone has the same level of empathy as FG?

Or respect for their knees.

I take it that you weren’t associating two totally different charities. It’s easy to edit a post to reflect your meaning.
    Here's an example of what you and JF were at the other day. Using a topic of social Crisis to try score a dig, while sidestepping the actual issue be it Regina, homelessness or suicide.
    Its pretty low brow IMO.
    McMurphy clarified this for you already yet you persist.

Really? Maybe read posts before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jazus, with a big fat grin it was.
    Did that get your goat? :D

Claiming something didn't happen, despite the results/winners announced, and the oddity of looking up a draw you didn't enter at breakfast time -I think the grin was on the people who were laughing at you bishop, nor with you, know the difference. :)

some cheek, of all posters, to throw this at anyone else tbh

Speaking of which, Simon Harris threw out a bit of a brain fart tweet this morning, my guess is in some lame attempt to soft soap some folk for Tues.

Your post above was pretty much the general consensus from what I can see, it went down like a concrete canoe so it did.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1325351243615756289?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Havin a laugh here at all the desperate Shinners trying to stoke up the non event concerning the Tanaiste.

And the kip "State" up North that they "govern" is going down the toobs due to mismanagement and corruption.

I suppose it keeps them amused ...while they trouser big wedges from the taxpayer ....
    It’s not a laughing matter. The leadership of varadkar, his actions and the defense of him no matter what is making the shinners electable. Go figure

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s not a laughing matter. The leadership of varadkar, his actions and the defense of him no matter what is making the shinners electable. Go figure

We should be far more concerned at the length FF/FG are willing to go to to hold on to power. Eroding faith in government for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We should be far more concerned at the length FF/FG are willing to go to to hold on to power. Eroding faith in government for generations.

Undermining the rule of law also. After the golf gate debacle and the leaving cert screw up I thought they'd do best to keep the heads down for awhile.

golfball37 wrote: »

The lad went into the Dáil and gave a full account of his actions.

The Shinners will never be electable which is why they indulge in this fchukkery and arse boxing......to try and keep themselves ‘relevant’.

It’s obvious to anyone with a lick of sense that all they want to do is sit back and sling mud, but just enough to ensure they don’t do anything that might bring them into govt.

Which is why they are carrying on with the rubbish they are carrying on with.

All they, and their fellow travelers and hangers on and the bitter and twisted wing of the ruling parties want to do is Sabre rattle but do nothing which would threaten their nice little wedge with no responsibility.

Middle Ireland won’t be conned by those basic tactics, those who get up early won’t allow scones like that to drive our country into the ground.

Make no mistake about thaaaat.

Middle Ireland won’t be conned by those basic tactics, those who get up early won’t allow scones like that to drive our country into the ground.

I hear tricky dicky makes a mean batch Brenner. :D

https://twitter.com/RichardbrutonTD/status/1323564042456367104?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Claiming something didn't happen, despite the results/winners announced, and the oddity of looking up a draw you didn't enter at breakfast time -I think the grin was on the people who were laughing at you bishop, nor with you, know the difference. :)

There was a conversation about how many tds had bookshops, I linked the SF bookshop and it was their in the link at the time, since, gone btw.
    Prior to that I didn't even know there was a SF draw.
    I just quipped that the draw was cancelled because coincidentally 30000 sterling. The same amount as happened to have to be had to be paid back by SF on the same week.
    A joke of opportunism just Mc.
    Don't get your bowel in disorder over it.

For the record could the FG supporters state what would be unacceptable from a TD in order for them to withdraw support ahead of next week? I know we've asking variations of this question before but it was never answered. Seems that FGers wait to see what rules were broken first and then try to explain or play down afterwards. Reverse engineering their own morals/code of ethics so to speak.

smurgen wrote: »
    For the record could the FG supporters state what would be unacceptable from a TD in order for them to withdraw support ahead of next week? I know we've asking variations of this question before but it was never answered. Seems that FGers wait to see what rules were broken first and then try to explain or play down afterwards. Reverse engineering their own morals/code of ethics so to speak.

Simple for me, i dont want an election so I want the motion to fail.
    I would have liked a resignation, a sacking, a, demotion even, but that's not happening either.
    FG will hold firm, so will the, govt i feel for the reasons, I have given.
    If FF or Greens were in opposition they'd probably back it.
    If it was a SF FG govt I think SF wouldn't back it either.
    That's politics for you.

I would have liked a resignation, a sacking, a, demotion even, but that's not happening either.
    That's politics for you.

So no matter what is out so far or whatever is to come out about leo Varadkar you have full confidence in him?

So no matter what is out so far or whatever is to come out about leo Varadkar you have full confidence in him?

Doesn't matter what I think, but I never had full confidence in him.

That's politics for you.

Good call Bish, the Shinners just want a bit more media time to seem as they are ‘doing something’.

Of course we all know all they want is to cruise along, collect the wedge, roar and shout , wave their hands, jump up and down, but of course do nothing but snipe from the sidelines and feed the egos of their ‘supporters’
    who want anything but a chance to take power.

Just keep trousering the wedge and hoping they will never be asked to tog out and take the field.

That's politics for you.

A lot of that depends on what is dropped tomorrow at 2pm by village magazine is my guess. Seems there's a few more likely to come out but too. Leo must be wondering how much they know exactly

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1325397032874500097?s=19

Depending on what it is that's due to come out tomorrow, could be very very embarrassing for some TDs and minister's to offer confidence in Leo and his leaky ways. I'll be on a working from home assignment tomorrow. I'll enjoy the sh1tshow.

Doesn't matter what I think, but I never had full confidence in him.

So basically are you saying that no matter what he has to stay in place? I find that amazing if I'm honest. Can you talk me through the logic of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Good call Bish, the Shinners just want a bit more media time to seem as they are ‘doing something’.

Of course we all know all they want is to cruise along, collect the wedge, roar and shout , wave their hands, jump up and down, but of course do nothing but snipe from the sidelines and feed the egos of their ‘supporters’
    who want anything but a chance to take power.

Just keep trousering the wedge and hoping they will never be asked to tog out and take the field.

So it's the Shinners fault for not believing Varadkar's fairytales.

So basically are you saying that no matter what he has to stay in place? I find that amazing if I'm honest. Can you talk me through the logic of this?

No single poiitician defines a party or a govt.
    No single policy or mistake even.
    It's a mix and the best of that mix is what we can hope for imo.

• Advertisement

No single poiitician defines a party or a govt.
    No single policy or mistake even.
    It's a mix and the best of that mix is what we can hope for imo.

Someone who leaks commercially sensitive documents to a friend while pretending he didn't know the rules which has now subsequently being proven to be a lie is the best we can hope for? How depressing. Excuse the rest of us if we don't go along with this corrupt politician.

Someone who leaks commercially sensitive documents to a friend while pretending he didn't know the rules which has now subsequently being proven to be a lie is the best we can hope for? How depressing. Excuse the rest of us if we don't go along with this corrupt politician.

You're not that naieve to belive you're own indignation even.

You're not that naieve to belive you're own indignation even.

You just said nothing that could come out would change your mind. That shows you have no standards and it's about retention of power. You might be happy to live in a banana republic but the rest of us choose not to.

You just said nothing that could come out would change your mind. That shows you have no standards and it's about retention of power. You might be happy to live in a banana republic but the rest of us choose not to.

LOL, OK.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So it's the Shinners fault for not believing Varadkar's fairytales.

Where did I say that, Coach.

Maybe you could outline the Oireachtais line up as an alternative to what’s there now.

I’ll start you off

Minister for Justice..........D Ellis.

:D

Would ya ever..."

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maybe you could outline the Oireachtais line up as an alternative to what’s there now.

I’ll start you off

Would ya ever..."

Would ya ever wha Brendi?

You guys are giving any Justice Minister or any Taoiseach carte blanche to do as they please

And all to save the skin of one man.

Corrupt and sleazy? Most certainly is. You cannot be let away with it.

I’ll start you off

Would ya ever..."

The current minister for justice supports lawbreaking based upon minimal evidence.

"Justice Minister Helen McEntee has backed Tánaiste Leo Varadkar regarding his decision to provide a confidential doctors' pay deal agreement with the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) to a rival representative group of doctors."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/justice-minister-backs-varadkar-on-leak-as-labour-td-says-party-views-it-as-deeply-inappropriate-39695783.html

Lot of anger Brendi. Maybe stay away til next week?

The current minister for justice supports lawbreaking based upon minimal evidence.

"Justice Minister Helen McEntee has backed Tánaiste Leo Varadkar regarding his decision to provide a confidential doctors' pay deal agreement with the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) to a rival representative group of doctors."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/justice-minister-backs-varadkar-on-leak-as-labour-td-says-party-views-it-as-deeply-inappropriate-39695783.html

Lot of anger Brendi. Maybe stay away til next week?

Heh heh ....mightn’t be a bad idea.

Lot of bile rising up..

• Advertisement

Its like going in with FF and dismissing societal crises; party in power trumps all.

Advertisement