Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don't stay in the room when she's applying the peroxide, it's bad enough that everyone thinks you are a poundshop Norman Bates

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Hope you have this abuse cleared with the ‘bhoys’

Not the Mods I hasten to add. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Found this thread written by a solicitor very interesting to be honest. Through freedom of information requests he's unearthed monitoring of his social media and actual media appearance. There's been memos between departments where synopsis of TV and radio appearances have been sent. For who's use I do not know of for what reason it's unknown but it seems as if the monitoring of media and social media ramped up massively and in a systematic fashion under FG :

https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1162821738608173056?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Hope you have this abuse cleared with the ‘bhoys’

Not the Mods I hasten to add. :eek:

Anton wee lesson
    " The Bhoys" are Glasgow Celtic football club
    "The Boys" that you are inferring me incorrectly to ,would be the PIRA
    " The Boyos" were the old school FGers who rode the hole off Mammy Teri in the back of Hillman Hunter in the 70s and produced you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    The Covid 18 gaffe was something else alright.

For me was more him doubling down with the waffle to try cover his 'boo boo'.

smurgen wrote: »
    Found this thread written by a solicitor very interesting to be honest. Through freedom of information requests he's unearthed monitoring of his social media and actual media appearance. There's been memos between departments where synopsis of TV and radio appearances have been sent. For who's use I do not know of for what reason it's unknown but it seems as if the monitoring of media and social media ramped up massively and in a systematic fashion under FG :

https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1162821738608173056?s=19

Well we know Leo suggested setting up fake accounts to talk up the party. We also know there's a crack team on Boards ;)

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Well we know Leo suggested setting up fake accounts to talk up the party. We also know there's a crack team on Boards ;)

Don't you mean " on crack" team on boards,

Yep documented and Eoghan Murphy had voiced similar thinking ;

"“At one point, Varadkar floated the idea to one TD of creating anonymous accounts to make positive comments under online stories on popular news websites. It’s unclear how far the proposal was pushed.”

"there were more crazy ones than that going around...Asked what were the crazier ideas, the response was: “They will be in the sequel”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30867312.html?type=amp

These lads are up to all sort of tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

We'd a cancer charity thing around our way a few years back. All the women were hanging up bras like Bunting up near the community hall. Local FG TD who lived nearby had them taken down at 2 in the morning.

Probably singing this as he did it-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9d5AbYuXIs

Anton wee lesson
    " The Bhoys" are Glasgow Celtic football club
    "The Boys" that you are inferring me incorrectly to ,would be the PIRA
    " The Boyos" were the old school FGers who rode the hole off Mammy Teri in the back of Hillman Hunter in the 70s and produced you.

Hmmmm

‘Imply ‘ the pitcher

‘Infer’ the catcher.

Don’t think I need any lessons, dude.:rolleyes:

What happens when Leo put the John Delaney of politics back into Government.

https://twitter.com/TVsCarlKinsella/status/1295768762327670792?s=19

• Advertisement

Hmmmm

‘Imply ‘ the pitcher

‘Infer’ the catcher.

Don’t think I need any lessons, dude.:rolleyes:

Karma is a bitch , Dude and the peroxide cxxt won't always be there to save you,

Karma is a bitch , Dude and the peroxide cxxt won't always be there to save you,

You are beginning to flake up,dude.

You need to get control my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Haven't we been down this road before where a poster thought he had uncovered a nest of Fine Gael supporters and was the subject of a hilarious hoax?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Haven't we been down this road before where a poster thought he had uncovered a nest of Fine Gael supporters and was the subject of a hilarious hoax?

If anything Leo backs up that assertion ;)

26 years since Martin Cahill was killed,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

OK,,,, are any of us happy with what we have seen from FG/FF/GP so far..

Is it just me, or has the whole thing been one mess after another.. it's been a cluster**** ..

And now their all in the pub drinking, having a great time..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106295

Aul Phil Hogan in attendance too it seems.

https://twitter.com/BarryLenihan/status/1296558853803454466?s=19

Some of them travelled from counties in lockdown,, The Gardaí waved them through checkpoints, while you or I would get a fine..

There was at least 3 judges, who should know the law,, the same shower just gave the Garda powers to fine you if you have the neighbours round for a drink.. The same judge would fine you for having more than 6 in your home.

And best of all,, Some had Gardaí drivers sitting out in the car park to bring them home...

You really could not make this stuff up !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

satguy wrote: »
    OK,,,, are any of us happy with what we have seen from FG/FF/GP so far..

Is it just me, or has the whole thing been one mess after another.. it's been a cluster**** ..

And now their all in the pub drinking, having a great time..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106295

Well, there is another thread about the Government.
    In terms of FG, they are by far the best out of the 3 in government and will do well in any upcoming election. :)

But hey, you did vote for FF. How is THAT working out for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brian Hayes was there too I see.

Not good at all lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

lThe Gardaí waved them through checkpoints, while you or I would get a fine..
    You really could not make this stuff up !!!

Looks like you did make this up about checkpoints, unless you can provide a source.

Anyway this was another incredibly stupid thing to do, reopening of the country is difficult enough without repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

christy c wrote: »
    Looks like you did make this up about checkpoints, unless you can provide a source.

Anyway this was another incredibly stupid thing to do, reopening of the country is difficult enough without repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.

While I doubt anyone will provide indisputable evidence about minister's and TDs being waved through checkpoints, there's first hand eye witness accounts** of Gardai being at the hotel, one would imagine to provide security to our esteemed political upperclass (and the Moroccan ambassador) not to mention a supreme judge also in attendance.

**Poster on this site who claims they where staying in the hotel and where in fact will still be there until Saturday.

McMurphy wrote: »
    While I doubt anyone will provide indisputable evidence about minister's and TDs being waved through checkpoints, there's first hand eye witness accounts** of Gardai being at the hotel, one would imagine to provide security to our esteemed political upperclass (and the Moroccan ambassador) not to mention a supreme judge also in attendance.

**Poster on this site who claims they where staying in the hotel and where in fact will still be there until Saturday.

Exactly, I doubt it will be provided either so we can probably add it to the growing list of nonsense that he posted in this thread.

This fcuk up will cause enough damage to the government without making stuff up.

christy c wrote: »

What, are you telling there are no checkpoints ??

I live in a county in lockdown,, there are lots checkpoints. People are turned back, but it seems if you have a Garda driver and are off to a nice golf do,, you get through..

I live in a county in lockdown,, there are lots checkpoints. People are turned back, but it seems if you have a Garda driver and are off to a nice golf do,, you get through..

Please back up what you said or stop waffling.

Here is a pic of the one they would have to stop at,,,,

https://www.newstalk.com/news/county-next-lock-gp-warns-1061260

Here is a pic of the one they would have to stop at,,,,

https://www.newstalk.com/news/county-next-lock-gp-warns-1061260

Right, so they passed that one, where you and I would get a ticket, but they were waved through. That's the claim? Please back this up now or stop waffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They don't have to have been found to have gone through a checkpoint, there were Gardai there ignoring what was a breach of the regs. That immediately lands it on it Drew Harris's desk as a disciplinary matter surely?

• Advertisement

They don't have to have been found to have gone through a checkpoint, there were Gardai there ignoring what was a breach of the regs. That immediately lands it on it Drew Harris's desk as a disciplinary matter surely?

Quite possibly, so even more reason not to be making up stuff about checkpoints.

Advertisement