Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You gotta love it really.
    Simon Harris getting called out on his bull****. He tried a sanctimonious repeating of Biden's holier than though acceptance speech last night and he is getting roasted by all and sundry. It's the now familiar 'foot in it' social media post by the FGers :) just encouraging the evidence to be presented again and again that when it comes to 'nasty politics' FG are up there with the best of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You gotta love it really.
    Simon Harris getting called out on his bull****. He tried a sanctimonious repeating of Biden's holier than though acceptance speech last night and he is getting roasted by all and sundry. It's the now familiar 'foot in it' social media post by the FGers :) just encouraging the evidence to be presented again and again that when it comes to 'nasty politics' FG are up there with the best of them. :)

Ok Francie, we got it, anyone who tries to pull people together is a bullshïtter.

Anyone who promulgates positivity is a tosser.

How could we expect anything else from your quarter.

Just roar and shout from the sidelines....best strategy.... no responsibility... wedge still comes in.

Got ya on that one Mr. B.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ok Francie, we got it, anyone who tries to pull people together is a bullshïtter.

Anyone who promulgates positivity is a tosser.

How could we expect anything else from your quarter.

Just roar and shout from the sidelines....best strategy.... no responsibility... wedge still comes in.

Got ya on that one Mr. B.

No no Brendi...anyone talking out of two sides of his mouth to curry favour is a 'tosser'.

I.E. Don't talk ****e coz you are gonna get called on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG members should just stay away from twitter - period.

Everything they touch on it goes to absolute shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    FG members should just stay away from twitter - period.

Everything they touch on it goes to absolute shyte.
    It's not their safe space. Not like the news papers staffed with churnalists that get special advisors job or RTE that relies on income from government to survive. On twitter they get called out relentlessly on their absolutely hypocrisy in real time and no amount of money spent on spin seems to be able to keep with with the speed of it. It's wonderful.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    It's not their safe space. Not like the news papers staffed with churnalists that get special advisors job or RTE that relies on income from government to survive. On twitter they get called out relentlessly on their absolutely hypocrisy in real time and no amount of money spent on spin seems to be able to keep with with the speed of it. It's wonderful.

Given the amount of horse dust you trawl from it, I can understand how you think it’s wonderful.

Easy to think how Trump liked it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

These defender's of corruption here make me feel ashamed to be Irish. Shame on you.

Given the amount of horse dust you trawl from it, I can understand how you think it’s wonderful.

Easy to think how Trump liked it so much.

Trump the fine gael wasters are on it morning noon and night. Making scones and all ffs.important business of government my hole.

Trump the fine gael wasters are on it morning noon and night. Making scones and all ffs.important business of government my hole.

Yeh... just like the boy Eoin... booked in for a Masters at Trinners.

Shows the amount of work for the taxpayers wedge he is putting in.

You been rumbled dude, time to get off the high horse, effendi..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Twitter is an absolute cesspit and Irish political Twitter is almost exclusively filled with morons of below average intelligence being whipped into an outrage. There’s no nuance or insight there. Like imagine getting your views and opinions from losers like Mick Caul, Roman Shortall and Call for a Revolution in Ireland?

Shocking stuff tbh.

• Advertisement

Twitter is an absolute cesspit and Irish political Twitter is almost exclusively filled with morons of below average intelligence being whipped into an outrage. There’s no nuance or insight there. Like imagine getting your views and opinions from losers like Mick Caul, Roman Shortall and Call for a Revolution in Ireland?

Shocking stuff tbh.

Terrible thing to say about FG supporters.

Shocking stuff tbh.

John, you know what they say about the person who thinks everyone else in the room are arseholes?

Anyway. I'll just leave this here..

Fine Gael deletes spoof election video after negative response

They seem to misjudge the public's mood with each and every tweet they put out. Harris this morning displayed a complete and utter lack of self awareness, he was rightly torn a new one.

Shocking stuff tbh.

Hey Johnny. Tell me something who's this lad Varadkar and Simon Harris have been quoting on twitter? Oh and Neale Richmond?

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1319702538808156165?s=19

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1310864087241420810?s=19

Still no movement on the Cork event center nearly 6 years after Coveney, Enda Kenny and the rest of the Fine Gael lads done to sod turning. Some cowboys!

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Parties-involved-in-Cork-Events-Centre-intent-on-progressing-project-9fb820c8-2b26-4483-9be2-9323a04f266c-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Still no movement on the Cork event center nearly 6 years after Coveney, Enda Kenny and the rest of the Fine Gael lads done to sod turning. Some cowboys!

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Parties-involved-in-Cork-Events-Centre-intent-on-progressing-project-9fb820c8-2b26-4483-9be2-9323a04f266c-ds

Don't think you is too bright pal ?

Moving on an event centre in the middle of a pandemic when public finances are being put under severe pressure would probably not go down too well !

Agree that an event centre for Cork was originally a good call ...but alas circumstances have changed...or haven't you noticed ?

You really do need to get out more......just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Apologies if his was posted somewhere already but I find this incredible and an absolute embarrassment for this party.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-research-candidates-asked-how-to-attack-sinn-fein-39736985.html

These research positiojs are funded by the tax payer to research actual government issues, ie housing crisis, brexit crisis, Covid Pandemic, not the Sinn Féin getting a higher vote than you crisis. This is outrageous.

Don't think you is too bright pal ?

Moving on an event centre in the middle of a pandemic when public finances are being put under severe pressure would probably not go down too well !

Agree that an event centre for Cork was originally a good call ...but alas circumstances have changed...or haven't you noticed ?

You really do need to get out more......just sayin...

And what were they doing in the five years previous pal? Coveney go involved last year too. Got egg on his face again.

Ah lads a reaction video to their own video. FG imploding before us.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1326927376979283968?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Wait until Sio Harris sees this Trumpism shenanigans. He'll be livid!

Bowie wrote: »
    Wait until Sio Harris sees this Trumpism shenanigans. He'll be livid!

Who's paying for this crap is all I want to know? I hope it isn't the tax payer forking out for this crap.

• Advertisement

Cringe. They've officially lost the run of themselves, the next election will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Do people in FG really not realise they are making the Shinners electable. Their obsession with them is unhealthy, bordering on unhinged. Their twitter feed looks like something Trump would put out, nothing promoting FG or what they are trying to do. Every post on page one is about SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Keep the cack-handed social media blitz coming FG, it's solid entertainment. They're seriously shook.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had to laugh at Varadkar giving cover for Helen McEntee not answering questions in the Dail earlier, they know if she has to do that she will crumble like she did on the radio when trying to defend Leo himself last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Harris giving an across the board wedge to third level folk because of Covid. No means testing, an across the board bunce.
    I applauded his move to help folk get trades but this outing seems a little ill-thought out. As the man on the radio said it'll be handy petrol money to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bowie wrote: »
    Harris giving an across the board wedge to third level folk because of Covid. No means testing, an across the board bunce.
    I applauded his move to help folk get trades but this outing seems a little ill-thought out. As the man on the radio said it'll be handy petrol money to some.

I take your point, students wealthy either through their own means or their families being given this, but means testing it would add a huge level of bureaucracy. As a once off payment it’s easier and more cost effective to just give it to everyone.

Very interesting to see the once mighty Leo Varadkar now reduced to retweeting the bigoted Stephen Nolan. You'd be forgiven for mistaken FG as the 'overseas' branch of the DUP.My how the mighty have fallen.
    Funny also is the mention of public trust. Clearly has zero self awareness and has learned nothing in the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/emer_currie1/status/1329814764420259842?s=19

Very interesting to see the once mighty Leo Varadkar now reduced to retweeting the bigoted Stephen Nolan. You'd be forgiven for mistaken FG as the 'overseas' branch of the DUP.My how the mighty have fallen.
    Funny also is the mention of public trust. Clearly has zero self awareness and has learned nothing in the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/emer_currie1/status/1329814764420259842?s=19

Very interesting that you seem to think “being reduced to re tweeting” stuff is being ‘reduced’

Given you have posted virtually nothing of interest other than twittter grabs and re tweets for the last few months.!!

That’s clearly zero self awareness to this poster.:cool:

Very interesting that you seem to think “being reduced to re tweeting” stuff is being ‘reduced’

Given you have posted virtually nothing of interest other than twittter grabs and re tweets for the last few months.!!

That’s clearly zero self awareness to this poster.:cool:

The fact you're comparing me an anonymous poster to Leo Varadkar must have meant my point went over your head completely.

• Advertisement

The fact you're comparing me an anonymous poster to Leo Varadkar must have meant my point went over your head completely.

No I’m not, dude, just comparing your weak argument to reality.

Advertisement