Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Interesting article here from 2019 and one maybe for Leo to address. Wonder why this hasn't been brought up earlier?

"A pattern of personal abuse and intimidation is becoming ‘commonplace’ in Fine Gael, and the party is not dealing with it, current and former members have told Extra.ie."

"Meath councillor Paddy Meade complains that matters as serious as his car being firebombed, involving ‘elements’ of Fine Gael, were not dealt with. He also claims he was assaulted at a meeting where senior members of the party were present."

"Mr Meade, who was involved in a court case with a fellow party member, said he and his family ‘don’t feel safe at certain Fine Gael meetings’ and the party is not not ‘a safe society in Co. Meath’."

Not a normal party indeed.

https://extra.ie/2019/06/30/news/politics/fine-gael-rattled-by-bullying-amid-allegations-of-intimidation-and-verbal-abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

smurgen wrote: »
    Interesting article here from 2019 and one maybe for Leo to address. Wonder why this hasn't been brought up earlier?

"A pattern of personal abuse and intimidation is becoming ‘commonplace’ in Fine Gael, and the party is not dealing with it, current and former members have told Extra.ie."

"Meath councillor Paddy Meade complains that matters as serious as his car being firebombed, involving ‘elements’ of Fine Gael, were not dealt with. He also claims he was assaulted at a meeting where senior members of the party were present."

"Mr Meade, who was involved in a court case with a fellow party member, said he and his family ‘don’t feel safe at certain Fine Gael meetings’ and the party is not not ‘a safe society in Co. Meath’."

Not a normal party indeed.

https://extra.ie/2019/06/30/news/politics/fine-gael-rattled-by-bullying-amid-allegations-of-intimidation-and-verbal-abuse

The recent allegations in the Green Party studiously ignored by the media as well.

Needs more Regina waving her list of abusers names around that she brought to the Gardai or whatever she said she did with them. :)

Joesepha taking credit again for things she'd no hand in. Another narcissist.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1336306911583621124?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That might be from her new social media spin merchant. We likely paid for that brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

blanch152 wrote: »
    As this is the FG thread, will comment on the FG aspect of the tweet you raise.

300 new jobs, more good news for Ireland.

Whatever Twitter trolls say in response to that on Twitter is not of interest.

Classic, alright.

Forget that actual content nor the reality of the announcement. An Irish homegrown entity creating 300 new jobs....

Nah feck that, the real news is what and how someone posts on Twitter...

Now THAT is Trumpian!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

markodaly wrote: »
    Classic, alright.

Forget that actual content nor the reality of the announcement. An Irish homegrown entity creating 300 new jobs....

What is Trumpian is promising kids who are working during a pandemic in hospitals they will be paid for the Duration of the pandemic and then voting against it, after the students stopped getting paid for work.

They never had any intention of doing it for the Duration of the pandemic as Leo said it was always only temporary" (I.E not for the Duration)

The FG way

Classic, alright.

Wait so FG post to promise student nurses pay and it doesn't happen but it's not their fault yet some random Irish company creates jobs unexpectedly of course yet it is Fine Gaels fault. Christ another case of Newspeak. Trumpian lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Wait so FG post to promise student nurses pay and it doesn't happen but it's not their fault yet some random Irish company creates jobs unexpectedly of course yet it is Fine Gaels fault. Christ another case of Newspeak. Trumpian lying.

FG are alone in government? Hmm I would have thought that the minister of Health was from FF and the Greens are in there as well.

Take that stuff to the actual thread it belongs. :D

FG are alone in government? Hmm I would have thought that the minister of Health was from FF and the Greens are in there as well.

It was harris making all those promises.always posting about health related matters even still. He was so useless at the job at the time he brought down the government. The dude would be best in a call center or something. Clear there's no much intellectual power. Just parroting of a couple of buzzwords he's fed.

Yet you're happy to join the applause for FG for what, being in a coalition when a company did well? Well done them not sure why FG, alone, feel like getting the 'likes'.

FYI, its a FG thread.
    P.S.: taking credit for something you'd little to no hand in is pretty Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Harris made the remarks about the students during his time as a member of the greens, before jumping ship to FF, repeating it there, before eventually settling with FG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1336586002295615488?s=19

Does this fella live in the same world as the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    That might be from her new social media spin merchant. We likely paid for that brain fart.

More barrel-scraping, lads. Nowhere does she claim credit. She is just passing on good news.

It is the fact of that good news that is curdling your responses.

I am happy to have you first in line to be treated by a first year student nurse, three months out of school.

More barrel-scraping, lads. Nowhere does she claim credit. She is just passing on good news.

It is the fact of that good news that is curdling your responses.

Is that why she plastered her face all over it and FG logos? Surely like normal non narcissistic politicians an official government press release would have sufficed.

Is that why she plastered her face all over it and FG logos? Surely like normal non narcissistic politicians an official government press release would have sufficed.

So government politicians have to anonymise their Twitter accounts now?

It was good news, that is your problem with it.

The Sinn Fein position seems to be that all good news must be delivered in staid press releases but any bad news must be delivered with Leo's face plastered all over it.

The Sinn Fein position seems to be that all good news must be delivered in staid press releases but any bad news must be delivered with Leo's face plastered all over it.

She put her face on a glossy online picture. It took editing and effort. Probably at Joe taxpayers expense on something she had no involvement on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The narrative is simply all over the place. Spinning around in circles. One month it's the white males next month it's the gay people and mixed race. This dude needs to re-sign.

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/status/1336610925692874753?s=19

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

• Advertisement

Well we know Varadkar advocates creating anonymous online social media accounts to talk up FG.
    You associated the jobs with FG.

And you scold others then engage in same :rolleyes:
    What's SF got to do with any of this?

The narrative is simply all over the place. Spinning around in circles. One month it's the white males next month it's the gay people and mixed race. This dude needs to re-sign.

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/status/1336610925692874753?s=19

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

It truly is straight out of the Trump school of clichés, personally I don't like the road Ireland seems to be headed with these constant hypocrisy attacks from FG, and yeah, it is mostly FG who are guilty of it.

Their official twitter account is an absolute disgrace, and they should be truly embarrassed by it, it just looks like a troll Sinn Fein account at this stage.

The good news I suppose is, it's clear evidence that they're absolutely petrified of the Shinners.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It truly is straight out of the Trump school of clichés, personally I don't like the road Ireland seems to be headed with these constant hypocrisy attacks from FG, and yeah, it is mostly FG who are guilty of it.

Their official twitter account is an absolute disgrace, and they should be truly embarrassed by it, it just looks like a troll Sinn Fein account at this stage.

The good news I suppose is, it's clear evidence that they're absolutely petrified of the Shinners.

Hiring a former editor of the Sun as press secretary is just awful. Sadly it fits with the tone from government, more over FG.

Bowie wrote: »
    Hiring a former editor of the Sun as press secretary is just awful. Sadly it fits with the tone from government, more over FG.

No substance only spin. The hiring of this man is a highly negative indicator. The pessimism coming from this government at the moment is stifling.

Good to see FG being taken to task for cyber bullying. Will be interesting to see who is responsible for their social media and what the SIPO makes of targeting private citizens on social media.

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1336808353658527750?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

To be fair,that chap has to be a SF supporter
    If he or anyone else expects someone to think otherwise, they're deluded IMO
    Nothing wrong with that,Obviously
    Denying it is just stupid and up there with trump posting the word 'rigged
    I don't see any basis for his complaints therefore

The first time I came across him on twitter was when the Leo the leak hash tag started
    He had 10 posts in a row whose only purpose that day was to try make it trend
    100s more since probably from the same person
    I thought at the time,he looked like a fool
    Makes a mockery of 'trending and certainly not someone I'd have any interest in following because the posts are all the same theme
    Thats not needed for me to form my own opinion
    The only thing positive I got out of looking at that episode was I giggled

Nobotty wrote: »
    To be fair,that chap has to be a SF supporter
    If he or anyone else expects someone to think otherwise, they're deluded IMO
    Nothing wrong with that,Obviously
    Denying it is just stupid and up there with trump posting the word 'rigged
    I don't see any basis for his complaints therefore

The first time I came across him on twitter was when the Leo the leak hash tag started
    He had 10 posts in a row whose only purpose that day was to try make it trend
    100s more since probably from the same person
    I thought at the time,he looked like a fool
    Makes a mockery of 'trending and certainly not someone I'd have any interest in following because the posts are all the same theme
    Thats not needed for me to form my own opinion
    The only thing positive I got out of looking at that episode was I giggled

To be fair, Shorthall isn't denying being an SF supporter, he's objecting to the claim he is a member or a spokesperson for them (from what I'm reading in the attached letter)

20201210-112334.jpg

He has a point about an official FG account targeting him being a private citizen.

However, in saying that. Twitter is a tough place, thick skin needed if you're going to use that as a platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

However, in saying that. Twitter is a tough place, thick skin needed if you're going to use that as a platform.

Thats kind of what I meant
    If it were me,I'd not bother to engage with FGDSW
    Twitterati like Roman in the main annoy me because they look obsessional
    Calm and reasoned catchy wormy

To be fair, Shorthall isn't denying being an SF supporter, he's objecting to the claim he is a member or a spokesperson for them (from what I'm reading in the attached letter)

20201210-112334.jpg

He has a point about an official FG account targeting him being a private citizen.

He doesn't have a point. You make public statements, you are no longer in a private realm. Given his own posts on Twitter, the treatment he got is very mild. More than a little childish of him to complain.

P.S. Did you ever pay out on that Regina Doherty bet you lost?

• Advertisement

He doesn't have a point. You make public statements, you are no longer in a private realm. Given his own posts on Twitter, the treatment he got is very mild. More than a little childish of him to complain.

I'll remember that the next time you're on here claiming someone is being bullied online by a shinner twitter user so. Duly noted. ;)
    P.S. Did you ever pay out on that Regina Doherty bet you lost?
    I make contributions to several charities throughout the year, both personally and via business.

I just don't feel the need to post the contributions on a public forum.

Advertisement