Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

I make contributions to several charities throughout the year, both personally and via business.

I just don't feel the need to post the contributions on a public forum.

That was a public bet you made on this forum when you made a false allegation about Regina Doherty, an allegation you never withdrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    That was a public bet you made on this forum when you made a false allegation about Regina Doherty, an allegation you never withdrew.

Ha - selectively quoting I see.

Blanch, if you were to withdraw every false allegation you made against both posters and public representatives on this site, you'd need to block book a period of days away from the full-time job.

I'm happy enough with the allegation I made thanks very much.

Regina's a public figure after all, going by your post she can expect public criticism.

Blanch, if you were to withdraw every false allegation you made against both posters and public representatives on this site, you'd need to block book a period of days away from the full-time job.

I'm happy enough with the allegation I made thanks very much.

https://www.thejournal.ie/debunked-fine-gael-senator-regina-doherty-pieta-house-5266030-Nov2020/

You might be happy with it, but it has been debunked.

"The claim is untrue. Doherty is a board member of Pieta House and is not paid for the role.

Pieta House has said that all members of its board work pro-bono and none receive any money for their work.

“All Board members give their time and skills to Pieta free of charge,” a note on its website says. All the members of the board, including Doherty, can be seen on the Pieta House website here. "

https://www.thejournal.ie/debunked-fine-gael-senator-regina-doherty-pieta-house-5266030-Nov2020/

You might be happy with it, but it has been debunked.

"The claim is untrue. Doherty is a board member of Pieta House and is not paid for the role.

Pieta House has said that all members of its board work pro-bono and none receive any money for their work.

“All Board members give their time and skills to Pieta free of charge,” a note on its website says. All the members of the board, including Doherty, can be seen on the Pieta House website here. "

Very commendable of Regina to be doing that work "free of charge". I'll light a candle for her tonight bless her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    To be fair,that chap has to be a SF supporter
    If he or anyone else expects someone to think otherwise, they're deluded IMO
    Nothing wrong with that,Obviously
    Denying it is just stupid and up there with trump posting the word 'rigged
    I don't see any basis for his complaints therefore

The first time I came across him on twitter was when the Leo the leak hash tag started
    He had 10 posts in a row whose only purpose that day was to try make it trend
    100s more since probably from the same person
    I thought at the time,he looked like a fool
    Makes a mockery of 'trending and certainly not someone I'd have any interest in following because the posts are all the same theme
    Thats not needed for me to form my own opinion
    The only thing positive I got out of looking at that episode was I giggled

So what if he is? People who don't vote FG have issues for not doing so. People who vote for other parties have reasons for doing so.
    If FG are attacking him, they are attacking him. The tone from FG driven by Varadkar is gutter level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Bowie wrote: »
    So what if he is? People who don't vote FG have issues for not doing so. People who vote for other parties have reasons for doing so.
    If FG are attacking him, they are attacking him. The tone from FG driven by Varadkar is gutter level.

I've no issues with who he supports (obviously)
    Just the obsessional posting *
    The 10 tweets in a row thing put me off

*Says the lad who gets the irony of me saying that with the amount of time I'm on here
    I'm sure there are FG lads with similar obsessions on the other side with names resembling large Dublin shopping centres
    Twitter can be the most (nasty) adversarial place in the world depending on who you follow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

*Says the lad who gets the irony of me saying that with the amount of time I'm on here
    I'm sure there are FG lads with similar obsessions on the other side with names resembling large Dublin shopping centres
    Twitter can be the most (nasty) adversarial place in the world depending on who you follow

Well the difference is FG have a few journalists on the books to put the party propaganda in the indo/Sunday Indo....select your rag of choice and not be challenged. They seem to throw a hissy fit on twitter then when people have a platform to voice opposition. Then they get nasty and sinister and try pile ons. Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is it appropriate to start calling Charlie and Leo the 'Terrible Two'?

Under scrutiny...again.

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1336940111980802048

This is gas. Poor Charlie Flanagan claiming he didn't know what they were voting for on the student pay. Imagine a solicitor and former justice minister claiming this. I believe they were given three chances to consider the vote on the night.

"Former justice minister Charlie Flanagan described the issue as an “own goal” and said the controversy had portrayed Fine Gael as “callous”. He also admitted he didn’t really know what he was voting on last week and only became aware of the seriousness of the matter when he was contacted by local media."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-tds-and-senators-criticise-handling-of-student-nurses-pay-saying-it-portrayed-party-as-callous-39846440.html

smurgen wrote: »
    This is gas. Poor Charlie Flanagan claiming he didn't know what they were voting for on the student pay. Imagine a solicitor and former justice minister claiming this. I believe they were given three chances to consider the vote on the night.

"Former justice minister Charlie Flanagan described the issue as an “own goal” and said the controversy had portrayed Fine Gael as “callous”. He also admitted he didn’t really know what he was voting on last week and only became aware of the seriousness of the matter when he was contacted by local media."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-tds-and-senators-criticise-handling-of-student-nurses-pay-saying-it-portrayed-party-as-callous-39846440.html

This would be the same Charlie Flanagan who, when faced with having to perform one of the quickest u-turns since Barry Cowen spotted a checkpoint, as regards his state commemoration for the black and tans, only "deferred it" rather than cancel it?

• Advertisement

This would be the same Charlie Flanagan who, when faced with having to perform one of the quickest u-turns since Barry Cowen spotted a checkpoint, as regards his state commemoration for the black and tans, only "deferred it" rather than cancel it?

It would call into question the quality of some of the candidates FG have in their ranks to be honest.

Another absolutely howler of a remark over student nurses.
    Policies not to be set by the Dail now it seems. And some man to talk about unions and negotiations. Best for him now to comment given his recent scandals.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1337006609952804871?s=19

Policies not to be set by the Dail now it seems. And some man to talk about unions and negotiations. Best for him now to comment given his recent scandals.

He's full of ****. Always was. They/we need better. He's made society worse and has lowered the level of political debate. He took a leaf out of the 'Mean girls' 'burn book'. Pathetic.

Varadkar demonstrating once again that Sinn Fein don’t have a clue when it comes to how to run a government.

Varadkar demonstrating once again that Sinn Fein don’t have a clue when it comes to how to run a government.

Maybe they don't believe in leaking confidential documents to pals for votes, putting a crony into a high position in the judiciary? I think that's okay.

He got caught talking s****e.

Maybe they don't believe in leaking confidential documents to pals for votes, putting a crony into a high position in the judiciary? I think that's okay.

He got caught talking s****e.

Sinn Fein have 9-11 conspiracists, anti-vaxxers and terrorists in their ranks, one leaked so-called confidential document doesn’t compare.

Sinn Fein have 9-11 conspiracists, anti-vaxxers and terrorists in their ranks, one leaked so-called confidential document doesn’t compare.

Is the fear how they might govern? Like leaking confidential documents to friends?

The Tánaiste said he thought Irish politics was becoming more polarised with social media playing a "big part" in that.

He's some ****ing neck. I'll give him that.

Is the fear how they might govern? Like leaking confidential documents to friends?

Compared to what a Sinn Fein government might do, that is tiny beer.

He's surely past his political sell by date now. Seen another Twitter rant this evening about SF. It was like something you'd see from Trump again. His views and way of speaking are so negative. A real drag on Irish politics.

• Advertisement

The man who leaked commercially sensitive documents to a mate while he was Taoiseach? Like getting abstinence advice from Shane McGowan :D

What give a top judicial appointment to a crony?
    The 'them others would be worse" is not working anymore. Based on the last election.
    The over all 'nothing to see here' attitude is worrying.

He's surely past his political sell by date now. Seen another Twitter rant this evening about SF. It was like something you'd see from Trump again. His views and way of speaking are so negative. A real drag on Irish politics.

Hes like a petulant child. They really dropped the ball handing him the leadership above what FG membership wanted.

40 year old woman,FG TD confronting a 19 year old lad on a beach about a Snapchat post during lockdown. Weird!

https://twitter.com/BenHaugh/status/1337187002152853506?s=19

YOU gave them sanction to do what they like...'in the interests of the country'. YOU and FG and FF and the Greens.

YOU reap what you sow. I don't think SF or anyone else has the right to do what Varadkar did.

40 year old woman,FG TD confronting a 19 year old lad on a beach about a Snapchat post during lockdown. Weird!

https://twitter.com/BenHaugh/status/1337187002152853506?s=19

I couldn't give a ****.

If there are people here naive enough to think that political party's don't engage in face to face confrontation or persuasion then their opinions on anything political is suspect to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

He really does, just extraordinary statement from a Politician who's every, utterence, comment and of course Leak, comes via some form of Social Media platform.

Meanwhile he's completely consumed at egging on colleagues to continue this tiresome and childish spat with SF. Leo's just not getting it, SF are going nowhere, this is more about him and FG disliking scrutiny.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
      He really does, just extraordinary statement from a Politician who's every, utterence, comment and of course Leak, comes via some form of Social Media platform.

Meanwhile he's completely consumed at egging on colleagues to continue this tiresome and childish spat with SF. Leo's just not getting it, SF are going nowhere, this is more about him and FG disliking scrutiny.

Had the absolute cheek to give an interview 'lamenting' the polarisation of Irish politics too. Also threw in a bit of 'if only the election had been later we coulda been contenders melarky too.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40188702.html

1. Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

The only reason that’s a possibility is the varadkar method of leadership. If FG are serious about keeping SF out then they need to get rid of SFs main selling point- Leo Varadkar

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Advertisement