Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Am I picking up the right vibe that FG would be happy with a no deal Brexit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'm not sure however what ever happens FF/FG/Greens will make a balls of it and act like they just heard about Brexit the other day. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Am I picking up the right vibe that FG would be happy with a no deal Brexit?

Where are you getting that vibe?

christy c wrote: »
    Where are you getting that vibe?

Get the notion that they want a hard border and little or no contact with England or the North,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Get the notion that they want a hard border and little or no contact with England or the North,

Plenty to criticise them for without talking about notions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just reading up a bit more about Jennifer Carroll MacNeill, seems the young FG fellas offence was that he posted "Ding Dong the witch is dead" after Kate O'Connell lost her seat.

MacNeill asked to meet him, but wouldn't disclose what the meeting was about.

When they met, she "confronted him" with a screen shot of the Snapchat and was asked to step back from the council seat election (interfering in the democratic process)

Apparently MacNeill also suggested she would have to consider sharing the Snapchat post with members of the Blackrock ward of Fine Gael if he remained a candidate.(isn't that considered blackmail though?)

They're perfectly entitled to do so, but it's hypocrisy in the extreme to whinge about others.
    Well, it's certainly coming the 'heavy'.

I ask any reasonable posters to wonder how this would be taken if it was a Shinner doing it. Keyboards would melt. :)
    By the way, this is from the horses mouth.

On confronting a 19 year old on his social media contribution to Snapchat......
    It's like the IRA's McMurph...the good ones and the bad ones.

This was a good threatening/intimidating trip to the beach. :D

This is amazing. Calling out misogyny is now unacceptable in your eyes.

Have a real good look at your posts. You are equating a woman calling out misogyny in a public place having to bring her father with her for support with the lads calling around on a cold dark night to a vulnerable woman's door.

That is not a good look in any book, but keep with it, you are doing brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    This is amazing. Calling out misogyny is now unacceptable in your eyes.

Have a real good look at your posts. You are equating a woman calling out misogyny in a public place having to bring her father with her for support with the lads calling around on a cold dark night to a vulnerable woman's door.

That is not a good look in any book, but keep with it, you are doing brilliant.

Shows how much attention you paid to the fcukin story, are you suggesting it was Carroll MacNeill who had to bring her daddy with her for support?

This is about the funniest brainfart I've read on here in weeks. Better to remain silent etc etc.

FG are after exposing themselves as a bunch of hypocritical imbeciles, so you've took it upon yourself to defend them.... Despite the bleedin obvious. :D

Go on blanch, admit it, you haven't a scaldy balls notion what you're on about here. :pac:

She threatened him ffs :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shows how much attention you paid to the fcukin story, are you suggesting it was Carroll MacNeill who had to bring her daddy with her for support?

This is about the funniest brainfart I've read on here in weeks. Better to remain silent etc etc.

FG are after exposing themselves as a bunch of hypocritical imbeciles, so you've took it upon yourself to defend them.... Despite the bleedin obvious. :D

Go on blanch, admit it, you haven't a scaldy balls notion what you're on about here. :pac:
    I'm blushing for blanch...what a doozie that was. :)

I'm blushing for blanch...what a doozie that was. :)

He loves the haymakers tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Thanks for that. It's an interesting article. But where does it mention the historians view of a mere rebranding exercise? Or evidence of this undercurrent that leaving the union was a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Concerning developments from the young Fine Gael crowd on social media the last few days. A lot of them celebrating, justifying and encouraging the doxing of a random person and their wife and kids on twitter. Seriously thuggish behaviour. All because of alternative political beliefs. Can only imagine the wall to wall outrage from the professional media class if it was Sinn Fein activists encouraging this type of targeted harassment on social media.

For me its a criminal matter. Data laws have been broken. The man and his family would have legal recourse in the courts for such malicious behaviour. Also, State controlled facilities such as the CRO do not exist to dox people. Its a clear misuse of the States website. The State should follow this up and the Guards should be contacted.

Where does this all end if what young Fine Gael activists are trying to legitimize if allowed carry on unchecked? Journalists they disagree withs details? Parents details? Sibling details? Business partners? Scary behaviour with huge ramifications if its not condemned publicly by senior figures within Fine Gael. Silence is compliance.

Maybe PBP, the SD or SF should raise it in the Dail with online discourse being a topic at the moment? Concerning.

spacet wrote: »
    Concerning developments from the young Fine Gael crowd on social media the last few days. A lot of them celebrating, justifying and encouraging the doxing of a random person and their wife and kids on twitter. Seriously thuggish behaviour. All because of alternative political beliefs. Can only imagine the wall to wall outrage from the professional media class if it was Sinn Fein activists encouraging this type of targeted harassment on social media.

For me its a criminal matter. Data laws have been broken. The man and his family would have legal recourse in the courts for such malicious behaviour. Also, State controlled facilities such as the CRO do not exist to dox people. Its a clear misuse of the States website. The State should follow this up and the Guards should be contacted.

Where does this all end if what young Fine Gael activists are trying to legitimize if allowed carry on unchecked? Journalists they disagree withs details? Parents details? Sibling details? Business partners? Scary behaviour with huge ramifications if its not condemned publicly by senior figures within Fine Gael. Silence is compliance.

Maybe PBP, the SD or SF should raise it in the Dail with online discourse being a topic at the moment? Concerning.

Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Any links?

I linked it for you in the SF thread

Heres what the twitter count that prompted Roman to close his twitter said about the doxing allegations

https://twitter.com/Ballymagash_T/status/1337709789330096131?s=19

Nobotty wrote: »
    I linked it for you in the SF thread

Heres what the twitter count that prompted Roman to close his twitter said about the doxing allegations

https://twitter.com/Ballymagash_T/status/1337709789330096131?s=19

I'd have to agree here - hardly doxxed I put his name into Google earlier and came up with the exact same info.

However, in saying that - if you're going to post controversial stuff about the govt online, it shows why you are better off using a pseudonym.

I have a Twitter account, granted I don't use it much (80 odd tweets in five years) but it's most definitely not under my real name, like Shorthall, a Google of my real name will throw up details of the work I'm involved in, roles, contact details etc, so if someone linked to the Google results of my details, if I was using my own name on twitter, I'd hardly consider it doxxing either.

WOW.

Someone has pointed out that Ballymagash twitter account is Ivan Yates.

Shocking behaviour if true.

WOW.

Someone has pointed out that Ballymagash twitter account is Ivan Yates.

Shocking behaviour if true.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1320041810429882371?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It mightnt be Yates,more archeology digs needed on that I think before I'd agree and I don't have the time today
    It could be whoever not correcting being called Ivan or referencing the show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

What the hell has taken hold of the Fine Gael movement? No party is innocent in acting the maggot on Twitter etc, but everyone to foot soldiers to the top of the party seem to be flipping out. Seriously immature from the party that operates on the pretense of being the 'safe pair of hands,' 'responsible' blah dee blah. It's increasingly obvious we have a toddler at the wheel of the ship.

What the hell has taken hold of the Fine Gael movement? No party is innocent in acting the maggot on Twitter etc, but everyone to foot soldiers to the top of the party seem to be flipping out. Seriously immature from the party that operates on the pretense of being the 'safe pair of hands,' 'responsible' blah dee blah. It's increasingly obvious we have a toddler at the wheel of the ship.

Its Varadkar led. Monkey see monkey do IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Bowie wrote: »
    Its Varadkar led. Monkey see monkey do IMO.
    they were never the sharpest tools in FG:D

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    they were never the sharpest tools in FG:D

They were pro business now they are pro business led by a snotty child who sets their tone. He was never much of a minister, why they thought he'd be a good leader is baffling. The membership knew better.

Nobotty wrote: »
    It mightnt be Yates,more archeology digs needed on that I think before I'd agree and I don't have the time today
    It could be whoever not correcting being called Ivan or referencing the show

Seem to be right on this one, Ewan and co taking the p.
    Paddy Cosgrave on twitter mentions a Fine Gaeler named Paul.....
    Who knows?
    Shocking behaviour who ever is using the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Thanks for that. It's an interesting article. But where does it mention the historians view of a mere rebranding exercise? Or evidence of this undercurrent that leaving the union was a mistake?

Yes, I too would like more clarity on that claim, as the article linked states.
    The Cumann na nGaedheal party that contested the 1927 and 1932 elections was substantially different from that which emerged from the pro-Treaty side of the revolutionary Sinn Féin party during the tumultuous years of 1921–3. But while individuals of a unionist background would continue to play a disproportionate role in the economy, finance, banking, large-scale farming and, most strikingly, in the top echelons of the legal profession, they had ceased to be an organised political force in their own right.

I.E. Southern Unionism as a political force was dead.

Which brings me to the claim that
    Their remains a strong undercurrent within FG that leaving the Union was a mistake.

Can we get some insight into this claim, or is this more gaslighting, aka FG = WestBrit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

That account is now protected. I guess she was tired of SF Bots attacking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

really do somewhat agree. on the ground, they are at odd somehow.

pascal o'donoghue seems the only grown-up.

though leo needs to step away from a Krishna tendance, it just dos'nt align to the [very weird] f.g. culture here.

anyhow. f.g., weird, weird, weird........

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Seem to be right on this one, Ewan and co taking the p.
    Paddy Cosgrave on twitter mentions a Fine Gaeler named Paul.....
    Who knows?
    Shocking behaviour who ever is using the account.

I see Cosgrave has run into trouble with the Portuguese summit, seems like a busted flush looking for revenge.

markodaly wrote: »
    That account is now protected. I guess she was tired of SF Bots attacking her.

1, no it's not, and 2, it was FG she had to direct on numerous occasions to stop spinning her story and trying to use her as a political football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

blanch152 wrote: »
    I see Cosgrave has run into trouble with the Portuguese summit, seems like a busted flush looking for revenge.

Cosgrave has about as much credibility as Leo these days. Best ignored

• Advertisement

Cash for ash the sequel, will Varadkar side with Arlene or tip his hat to Poots
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55279337

Advertisement