Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,160 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Quite possibly, so even more reason not to be making up stuff about checkpoints.

It's a perfectly valid question to ask on behalf of those observing the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

It's a perfectly valid question to ask on behalf of those observing the lockdown.

I responded to a statement from satguy which I asked him to back up, there was no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Phil Hogan made an absolute balls of Irish Water and there were major question marks around the contracts and crony appointments too.
    Enda rewarded him for massive overspend and utter ineptitude by getting him a saucy job in Brussels. Now Phil is back leading bad example and proving just how much FF and FG are joined at the hip. Why would Hogan attend a FF event to honour a former FF TD from Galway?

I responded to a statement from satguy which I asked him to back up, there was no question.

If a Garda driver left Kildare to drive somebody to an entertainment in Galway...a 'checkpoint' was technically breached as the Garda has a duty to enforce the regs first.

If a Garda driver left Kildare to drive somebody to an entertainment in Galway...a 'checkpoint' was technically breached as the Garda has a duty to enforce the regs first.

Sounds like I'm back in leaving Cert poetry with all the hidden meanings in what someone said. Im asking for back up for what he actually said, if he can't provide that we should move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

Maybe they used a tunnel to go under the checkpoint ?

satguy wrote: »
    Maybe they used a tunnel to go under the checkpoint ?

Sounds more reasonable than some of your other nonsense.

Sounds more reasonable than some of your other nonsense.

Or maybe its just reasonable to say that they drove through the checkpoint,, and were not turned back,, because they had a golf do to attend ???

Or maybe its just reasonable to say that they drove through the checkpoint,, and were not turned back,, because they had a golf do to attend ???

That's what I'm asking you to back up, are you able to do that?

Ok christy,, try to keep up with the rest of the class ..

Its a simple Yes or No answer...

Not turned back = Waved through ???

Come on christy,,, you can do it ...

• Advertisement

Ok christy,, try to keep up with the rest of the class ..

Its a simple Yes or No answer...

Not turned back = Waved through ???

Come on christy,,, you can do it ...

Haha, the irony of you posting this after the conspiracy theories and waffle you have spammed this thread with is amazing.

I'll rephrase the question, can you provide back up that they went through a checkpoint, and were not turned back because they were going to a golf event, where you and I would have gotten a ticket?

Haha, the irony of you posting this after the conspiracy theories and waffle you have spam this thread with is amazing.

I'll rephrase the question, can you provide back up that they went through a checkpoint, and were not turned back because they were going to a golf event, where you and I would have gotten a ticket?

Once a Garda was involved and drove across the boundary of the restricted area a 'checkpoint' was breached.

The Garda was the checkpoint as the upholder of the regs.

Turns out,, there may well be fines for some of them..

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0821/1160454-calleary-reaction/

As for you christy,,, put the pointy hat back on, and sit at the back of the class...

Once a Garda was involved and drove across the boundary of the restricted area a 'checkpoint' was breached.

The Garda was the checkpoint as the upholder of the regs.

That's clearly not what the poster meant.

Edit: it's definitely not what he said.

Turns out,, there may well be fines for some of them..

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0821/1160454-calleary-reaction/

As for you christy,,, put the pointy hat back on, and sit at the back of the class...

So no back up just as I expected.

That's clearly not what the poster meant.

Edit: it's definitely not what he said.

It's what I am saying. Do you agree? Is it imperative that the Commissioner takes action?

It's what I am saying. Do you agree? Is it imperative that the Commissioner takes action?

Oh fair enough, nothing to do with satguy's rubbish.

I do agree with you, what action can be taken remains to be seen.

So no back up just as I expected.

They are in the back of the white van, hiding under a blanket ..

LOOK ..

https://www.newstalk.com/news/county-next-lock-gp-warns-1061260

They are in the back of the white van, hiding under a blanket ..

LOOK ..

https://www.newstalk.com/news/county-next-lock-gp-warns-1061260

No, that's Denis O'Brien under the blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

christy c and satguy - either stop bickering or stop posting in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Were Dara Calleary and Jerry Buttimer right to resign from their posts? Absolutely, they breached Covid guidelines.

Should they resign as TDs? Not so sure, that is an electoral matter. Resignation from office is the key.

Time now for all politicians who have breached Covid guidelines on this island to do the right thing and resign from appointed posts. An example has been set by Fianna Fail and Fine Gael and others should follow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Were Dara Calleary and Jerry Buttimer right to resign from their posts? Absolutely, they breached Covid guidelines.

Should they resign as TDs? Not so sure, that is an electoral matter. Resignation from office is the key.

Time now for all politicians who have breached Covid guidelines on this island to do the right thing and resign from appointed posts. An example has been set by Fianna Fail and Fine Gael and others should follow that.

List these examples please.

**Puts on kettle**

blanch152 wrote: »

This isn't a little mess up by a couple of politicians...the entire apparatus of the state is in the frame here , the political class that 'lead' us, the judiciary, our representatives in the EU, the Gardai and the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Simon Harris quiet. Leo quiet. Neale Richmond quiet. Are they all in a focus group with the spin docs this morning before they voice a well groomed response to golf gate? The same lads were very vocal to make carefully crafted emotional please against private business flouting rules last week. Not a normal party.Senior hurling now lads!

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1294929138625716224?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This isn't a little mess up by a couple of politicians...the entire apparatus of the state is in the frame here , the political class that 'lead' us, the judiciary, our representatives in the EU, the Gardai and the media.

Let us be clear Francie, I called for Michelle O'Neill and Conor Murphy to resign from the NI Executive because of their breaches of Covid-19 at the Storey funeral. Ditto Mary-Lou as leader of Sinn Fein and Pearse as whatever spokesperson responsibility he holds. You didn't, so you obviously think the entire apparatus of the state up North being in the frame isn't important.

Similarly, the judges in this case should resign (maybe serve in a lower court) as should the independent TD chair of the health committee. The resignations of Dara Calleary and Jerry Buttimer were also appropriate.

I don't believe people should resign their Dail seats because that is a matter for the electorate, but any politician who has breached Covid-19 rules should resign from their appointed position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ah but they might have busted through the checkpoint like Smokey and the Bandit. You don't know :rolleyes:

Bowie wrote: »
    Ah but they might have busted through the checkpoint like Smokey and the Bandit. You don't know :rolleyes:

I know this is tongue in cheek, but not the daftest thing criticism we have read in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    While I doubt anyone will provide indisputable evidence about minister's and TDs being waved through checkpoints, there's first hand eye witness accounts** of Gardai being at the hotel, one would imagine to provide security to our esteemed political upperclass (and the Moroccan ambassador) not to mention a supreme judge also in attendance.

**Poster on this site who claims they where staying in the hotel and where in fact will still be there until Saturday.

Justice Woulfe is another Fine Gaeler. Nice to see a top judge who helped put the legalities of Covid restrictions in place attend this event. The Garda present who should be enforcing them too.
    A real uncovering of how our betters have no regard for the plight of the little people.
    Who'll get the Agricultural job now....

Bowie wrote: »
    Justice Woulfe is another Fine Gaeler. Nice to see a top judge who helped put the legalities of Covid restrictions in place attend this event. The Garda present who should be enforcing them too.
    A real uncovering of how our betters have no regard for the plight of the little people.
    Who'll get the Agricultural job now....

Hogan under severe pressure and trying to shift the blame to the Hotel and Leo doesn't even mention him. Nothing learned from Bailey it seems...keep digging until it all goes tits up.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1296773519112654850

• Advertisement

Phil Hogan saying that its the hotel that is to blame,, is just rubbing it in.

The man has no honor at all..

Advertisement