Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Its chilling that this is brushed off as nothing

The IRA are gone with quarter of a century,but the far right is increasing in strength and numbers every month in europe....i hope thats a once off

Not a once off. This lad is far right.

"Mr Foley-Walsh has come under fire for his views before— including his apparent victim-blaming of those murdered by right-wing terrorist Anders Breivik who killed 77 people in Oslo and Utoya in 2011".

https://www.irishpost.com/news/calls-resignation-young-fine-gael-president-attending-right-wing-conference-us-169811

tobsey wrote: »
    Well it’s not the same thing in most people’s books. Most workplaces would have social media guidelines and breaking them is a disciplinary issue. It’s not surprising political parties have the same thing. However in normal circumstances a meeting would be arranged to resolve the issue, rather than calling to someone’s private residence uninvited.

Agreed :) #notanormalparty

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1340423843937202176?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

smurgen wrote: »

I see you've changed your opinion on Blue Hugh :)
    If we had blue hugh and the likes of the Spindo and Irish times to rely on you might aswell be living in an alternative universe as their views and narratives bare very little semblance to reality.

Have we reached peak blueshirt? As I pointed out there fellas are using Irish and irishness as a slander. Here we have Blue Hugh portraying our national anthem as something sinister.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1232415967122247680?s=19

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I see you've changed your opinion on Blue Hugh :)

He's changed his tune. As noted by the majority of the comments on twitter. Any comment on the story though? Curious as to who it is?

He's changed his tune. As noted by the majority of the comments on twitter. Any comment on the story though? Curious as to who it is?

So he's an unreliable blueshirt, whose reports have "very little semblance to reality". Unless you like what's being reported of course :)

You're the gift that keeps on giving smurgen.

My opinion on the story? I think all the parties are at it, and probably a whole lot more than is being reported on.

• Advertisement

The story is he called to a constituent.....not a party member

This is somewhat of an escalation and not comparable to some ill-taught out internal matter,(if true)

Colour me shocked that you have that opinion :)

So he's an unreliable blueshirt, whose reports have "very little semblance to reality". Unless you like what's being reported of course :)

You're the gift that keeps on giving smurgen.

My opinion on the story? I think all the parties are at it, and probably a whole lot more than is being reported on.

He said we not he. Words are important 😂.

Really? You were all up in arms on the other thread. Maybe try pay attention to your own posts in future as much as mine.Consistency is key :). Calling to someone's house at night is intimidation.

He said we not he. Words are important 😂.

Really? You were all up in arms on the other thread. Maybe try pay attention to your own posts in future as much as mine.Consistency is key :). Calling to someone's house at night is intimidation.

Feel free to quote me being "up in arms" smurgen :)

And also just as a reminder, I still need assistance in calculating that negative market capitalization you were on about? It would be a brand new discovery in the finance world, so I am eager to learn about it.

The story is he called to a constituent.....not a party member

This is somewhat of an escalation and not comparable to some ill-taught out internal matter,(if true)

Sounds like a heat of the moment thing. Must say the blueshirts are hot blooded tonight. Lot of anger as they say. Polls have them out of sorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Indeed?

Imagine encountering someone upon a discussion forum with an opinion.

And consistent ;)

• Advertisement

Indeed?

Imagine encountering someone upon a discussion forum with an opinion.

You must have misread me, as I never said I was shocked you had an opinion. :)

Bowie wrote: »
    And consistent ;)

If this is an attempted dig at me to claim my opinions are inconsistent, here is my post on the SF thread about the recent equivalent situation.
    Much like the Varadkar stuff recently, and all the stuff around golfgate, storey funeral etc, an absolute mountain is once again being made out of a molehill here. This seems to be the go to scenario when anything happens politically in Ireland these days - the continued rise of faux outrage and fake news on social media being the main culprit IMO. Just waiting for "the other side" to slip up and pile on.

If you are looking at someone being inconsistent in their opinions on here, you should probably look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see there's a story in the Indo this morning about a FG councillor, who called to a pensioners door to "confront" them about a Facebook post he made about FG minister Patrick O'Donovan's response after the flood defences.

Apparently the pensioner (Eamon Roche, 70) was threatened with the gards and a lawyer - simply because he was critical of FG, and stated on Facebook he would not be voting for them again.
    Mr Roche, who is a former Fine Gael member, wrote that Mr O'Donovan advised him to keep away from the media and that the minister was unhappy with him posting comments on social media.

FG Ministers, TDs, and party support tried to cynically twist the story about COM, and then tried to handwave away "but the IRA" Caroll MacNeill blackmailing one of their own.

Lets see how this story goes down with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see there's a story in the Indo this morning about a FG councillor, who called to a pensioners door to "confront" them about a Facebook post he made about FG minister Patrick O'Donovan's response after the flood defences.

Apparently the pensioner (Eamon Roche, 70) was threatened with the gards and a lawyer - simply because he was critical of FG, and stated on Facebook he would not be voting for them again.

FG Ministers, TDs, and party support tried to cynically twist the story about COM, and then tried to handwave away "but the IRA" Caroll MacNeill blackmailing one of their own.

They shoot themselves in the foot more frequently than Delboy in Only Fools and Horses.

As predicted Leo has managed to squander the lead in the polls too.

A heavy calling round to a 70 year old man's home at night?

Mr Galvin denied making such threats to Mr Roche but told the Sunday Independent: "When I called to that house and when I sent that text message, all the social media posts stopped."

Sounds like a right piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

https://twitter.com/kilteery/status/1132757739090976768

Liam Galvin is the one on the right. Very sinister behaviour. Disgusting comments about the 66 year old wife who answered the door. Seems to have actually called the Guards over the facebook post too from the article. F*cking Weirdo.

Here is the very important bit though and seems to be a disturbing pattern on Fine Gaels behalf;

''Mr Roche complained to Fine Gael's leader on LCCC, Councillor John Sheahan, on January 21. He said in an email that Mr Galvin "pays no attention to our wishes and caused us great hurt and distress in the past".

Mr Sheahan later replied to say he lacked "any powers in relation to individual behaviour of any our councillors" but said he had forwarded the complaint to Mr Galvin.

Forwarded the complaint on to Liam Galvin. WTF. Its like what Varadkar and Flanagan did with the prison officer whistleblower.

Complain to Fine Gael about anything and all they will do is out you to all involved.

Disturbing pattern from party members.

If this is an attempted dig at me to claim my opinions are inconsistent, here is my post on the SF thread about the recent equivalent situation.

If you are looking at someone being inconsistent in their opinions on here, you should probably look elsewhere.

Nope. Its pointing out the irony of criticising a poster for holding a view and being consistent.
    I find it amusing when folk say 'you would say that' and the like as if it dismisses their opinion.

I was only talking to a chap on here the other day trying to make out SF and the like are anti-vaxers etc. I pointed out numerous TD's had raised the issue. And lo, today in the indo:
    Former health minister James Reilly has told how he delayed vaccinating his children out of fear - until a local measles outbreak exposed the deadly risk.

FG are good craic all the same. They pretend to be outraged about little or nothing and then engage in same or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bowie wrote: »
    I was only talking to a chap on here the other day trying to make out SF and the like are anti-vaxers etc. I pointed out numerous TD's had raised the issue. And lo, today in the indo:

FG are good craic all the same. They pretend to be outraged about little or nothing and then engage in same or worse.
    Former FF TD Dr Jim McDaid and a sitting councillor have expressed reservations up here

spacet wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kilteery/status/1132757739090976768

Liam Galvin is the one on the right. Very sinister behaviour. Disgusting comments about the 66 year old wife who answered the door. Seems to have actually called the Guards over the facebook post too from the article. F*cking Weirdo.

Here is the very important bit though and seems to be a disturbing pattern on Fine Gaels behalf;

''Mr Roche complained to Fine Gael's leader on LCCC, Councillor John Sheahan, on January 21. He said in an email that Mr Galvin "pays no attention to our wishes and caused us great hurt and distress in the past".

Mr Sheahan later replied to say he lacked "any powers in relation to individual behaviour of any our councillors" but said he had forwarded the complaint to Mr Galvin.

Forwarded the complaint on to Liam Galvin. WTF. Its like what Varadkar and Flanagan did with the prison officer whistleblower.

Complain to Fine Gael about anything and all they will do is out you to all involved.

Disturbing pattern from party members.

Looks and acts like a scut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@Spacet. yeah, it is kinda some weird pattern. An F.G. councillor that i tried to explain something to; was preoccupied as approaching problems as the/a Godfather (film). I presume that was his, mafia, family of Gaels; but now he is very 'social' minded. I suppose this is because of all the Union votes of the Council employees that he is mollifying.

some years ago i criticised F.F., and the f.f. councillor was delighted and then manifestly, was absolutely thuggish.

So no comments on FG intimidation by either leadership or followers. It's clear at this stage that their higher moral ground is simply virtue signalling of the highest order. Long may it continue mind. given the lastest poll results is clear as day that the electorate are becoming increasingly repulsed by FG. Fair play to the electorate. Irish people in my opinion are emotionally intelligent and can see through the type of insincere political messaging that might work in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

So no comments on FG intimidation by either leadership or followers. It's clear at this stage that their higher moral ground is simply virtue signalling of the highest order. Long may it continue mind. given the lastest poll results is clear as day that the electorate are becoming increasingly repulsed by FG. Fair play to the electorate. Irish people in my opinion are emotionally intelligent and can see through the type of insincere political messaging that might work in the states.

I personally don't care about the so called intimidation by either SF or FG. If the latest poll is accurate, it would likely result in FG back in government, and SF roaring safely from opposition. I'd say FG would be happy with that, after almost a decade in power.

christy c wrote: »
    I personally don't care about the so called intimidation by either SF or FG. If the latest poll is accurate, it would likely result in FG back in government, and SF roaring safely from opposition. I'd say FG would be happy with that, after almost a decade in power.

You cared enough when you were hammering Sinn Fein. This is the cycle. Every detail scrutinized to get as many as articles out of a non event and feverish bumping if the story on boards. Then when the same or worse is pointed out for FG it's "I don't actually care about x,y,z!

You cared enough when you were hammering Sinn Fein. This is the cycle. Every detail scrutinized to get as many as articles out of a non event and feverish bumping if the story on boards. Then when the same or worse is pointed out for FG it's "I don't actually care about x,y,z!

I didnt and don't care, I said at the time that I'd much prefer the focus be on the brain dead economic policies of SF.

Anyway, doesn't change what I said. If the poll is accurate, FG would likely be in government with SF yet again roaring safely from opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If the latest poll is accurate, it would likely result in FG back in government,

That depends on whether FF (likely under a different leader) wants to play ball...

With the likelihood of the Greens being wiped out and FF not advancing their vote, you might find FG are the pariah party and nobody will go in with them because of their arrogance.

In fact, I would say that would be a very likely outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That depends on whether FF (likely under a different leader) wants to play ball...

I don't think I'll be alone in believing FF might have felt a tad shafted by the blueshirts at various times since they entered into the arranged marriage.

Knives will be out for Leo, that's my guess.

With the likelihood of the Greens being wiped out and FF not advancing their vote, you might find FG are the pariah party and nobody will go in with them because of their arrogance.

In fact, I would say that would be a very likely outcome.

Seen as you are in the mood for predictions, what do you think is the likely composition of the next government?

I dont see the benefit of FF joining SF in government if these results materialise, could be another long drawn out process.

• Advertisement

Seen as you are in the mood for predictions, what do you think is the likely composition of the next government?

I dont see the benefit of FF joining SF in government if these results materialise, could be another long drawn out process.

Not predicting anything, just quoting the likelihood as things stand.

Advertisement