Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

fg - so weird. But the shocking thing locally is how much Sinn Fein are cosying up to them.

nauseating.

How so? I'd be interested in any links.
    SF won't get any nod from me if it is the case.

smurgen wrote: »
    Good old FG still bullying people on social media. Weird thing to say from a TD. Sounds like a right piece of work.

https://twitter.com/campaign4kehoe/status/1343213203749220352?s=19

Man asks fair and pointed question, FG'er responds with snide off topic comment shocker :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Man asks fair and pointed question, FG'er responds with snide off topic comment shocker :rolleyes:

Also a somewhat ominous thing to say. Warning a citizen off social media? Given an instruction by who and how had he heard? These lads are drunk with power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

How so? I'd be interested in any links.
    SF won't get any nod from me if it is the case.

LOL.

LOL.

Do you have the scoop on SF getting FG dirt on their combats? :)

FYI: My local Shinner is O'Snodaigh. Don't believe I ever gave him a nod. Maybe when he first came along. Gave FG as many if not more. It's really freeing not being tied to a party.

• Advertisement

Do you have the scoop on SF getting FG dirt on their combats? :)

FYI: My local Shinner is O'Snodaigh. Don't believe I ever gave him a nod. Maybe when he first came along. Gave FG as many if not more. It's really freeing not being tied to a party.

But you're tied to trying to discredit one, that's worse.

But you're tied to trying to discredit one, that's worse.

How so? FG don't need any help in that regard.
    I think people who look to the person making or reasons behind sound factual criticism have the issue. If FG tackled the criticism they might get somewhere.
    FF are gutter level IMO and the Greens are looking out for their pensions.

Look at you here. I'm asking what links there are allegedly between SF and FG. You chime in with an LOL and on where you think my allegiances lie. Poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

From a former Defence Minister no less to a DF veteran with multiple peacekeeping missions under his belt.

Kehoe was extremely unpopular with the rank and file of the Defence Forces. Hard to imagine why...

From a former Defence Minister no less to a DF veteran with multiple peacekeeping missions under his belt.

Kehoe was extremely unpopular with the rank and file of the Defence Forces. Hard to imagine why...

Well looks like the veteran's aren't happy. No reply from FG as per usual. They get to ignore scandals.other parties get dragged over the coals by the media and their TD's made explain themselves after piling on the by FFG counterparts.

https://twitter.com/EastVeterans/status/1343917989658316802?s=19

LOL.

Is that hard to believe that people might be disgusted with Fine Gael and aren't 'shinnerbots'?

My natural home is Labour, and maybe SocDems at a push.

A lot of people just happen to think FG are a sh*tty party. They're also hilariously spooked by SF's last election showing. They're hallucinating Sinn Féin everywhere they go and think they're going to jump out behind every potted plant.

Threads like this are prime evidence. Poke fun at the latest FG scuttering nonsense and all of a sudden you're a member of the Army Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Didn’t listen to the auld waffle and bulldust from them, possibly?

Lovely sentiment. Not unlike Trumps degredation of veterans.

Fine Gael should put that as pinned tweet on all their social media accounts.

"Could it be that we're out out of touch? No, it's the people that are wrong"

Another example of Varadkarites not taking their cod liver oil. Enjoy the pain at the ballot box lads. It's coming to ye.

Another example of Varadkarites not taking their cod liver oil. Enjoy the pain at the ballot box lads. It's coming to ye.

I read that wrong first time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The Shinners should put this as a pinned tweet

‘What do they want-give it to them’

‘ Who will pay- who cares, but our support base won’t’

:D

Wrong thread. This is a FG thread. I hope people are taking note of the FG degredation of the army veterans. Suppose their threats to nurses should have told me they secretly felt like this.

Enjoy the hurt at the next election cycle.

Meanwhile, Defence Forces rank and file can't make rent or afford to raise a family, while the great and the good like Kehoe swan around UNHQ in New York, telling the everyone how wonderful our peacekeeping contributions over the decades are.

The Varadkarite iteration of Fine Gael are a loathsome party. And clueless to boot.

You missed the post where I outlined I'm not a SF supporter in any particular sense. Once again, displaying how spooked you lot are. And you're right to be spooked. You're going into the wilderness for a long time after this government sh*ts the bed once and for all.

smurgen wrote: »
    Wrong thread. This is a FG thread. I hope people are taking note of the FG degredation of the army veterans. Suppose their threats to nurses should have told me they secretly felt like this.

Damn right on the nurses. I'd love to see the FG pom pom girls here revert to their slimey denigration of nurses that they were at before covid.

I've a relation who has spent all year in ICU units saving lives while coming home to a Taoiseach quoting Mean Girls and months before was fighting tooth and nail against their rather reasonable stance on pay and conditions.

FG are scrot for the last few years and refuse to admit they have a serious attitude problem towards the people that actually keep this country ticking. These are the taxpayers abandoning FG in their droves.

Brendan is a case study in their ignorance. Focus group that.

Damn right on the nurses. I'd love to see the FG pom pom girls here revert to their slimey denigration of nurses that they were at before covid.

I've a relation who has spent all year in ICU units saving lives while coming home to a Taoiseach quoting Mean Girls and months before was fighting tooth and nail against their rather reasonable stance on pay and conditions.

FG are scrot for the last few years and refuse to admit they have a serious attitude problem towards the people that actually keep this country ticking. These are the taxpayers abandoning FG in their droves.

Brendan is a case study in their ignorance. Focus group that.

I can't wait to see the taxpayers flocking to these other party's who are going to provide so much that will be, funded by said taxpayer.
    It'll be like turkeys voting for Xmas.
    Roll on the day.

I can't wait to see the taxpayers flocking to these other party's who are going to provide so much that will be, funded by said taxpayer.
    Roll on the day.

Fine Gael aren't the party of the average taxpayer. Never have, never will be.

You also overrate their intellect. They're stacked with arrogant idiots.

You don't have to cross your fingers for that day to roll on, it's coming. Next election FG are going to political Siberia. Very traumatic for you to hear I know.

• Advertisement

Roll on the day.

FG are the party of the legal profession as well as corporate lobbyists. They have done very little for the man gets up early in the morning as they promised back in 2017.

Fine Gael aren't the party of the average taxpayer. Never have, never will be.

You also overrate their intellect. They're stacked with arrogant idiots.

I overestimate nobody, you have the wrong man on that one, it's you who overestimate the left.
    Any govt that has had Labour, a left party, involved has been a disaster from a leftist point of view.
    Not because Labour were a bad leftist party, but because reality is that if you want to try to implement the policies left leaning party's espouse, it's because the paying for such policies hurt the people you claim to represent the most, the working taxpayer.

I overestimate nobody, you have the wrong man on that one, it's you who overestimate the left.
    Any govt that has had Labour, a left party, involved has been a disaster from a leftist point of view.
    Not because Labour were a bad leftist party, but because reality is that if you want to try to implement the policies left leaning party's espouse, it's because the paying for such policies hurt the people you claim to represent the most, the working taxpayer.

Bishop, newsflash: Fine Gael are sh*te, have been captured by narrow interest groups and actively harm middle-income groups and lower.

The people aren't fooled and the last election was a signpost as to where FG are headed.

Bishop, newsflash: Fine Gael are sh*te, have been captured by narrow interest groups and actively harm middle-income groups and lower.

The people aren't fooled and the last election was a signpost as to where FG are headed.

So no argument on my post, just a fcuk FG post.?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Roll on the day.

I heard it said on Newstalk by Pat Kenny to Paschal Donohoe reg the last budget, and the giveaways.

"A budget that would even make Paul Murphy blush"

Running out of road bish.

So no argument on my post, just a fcuk FG post.?

Your argument was and is sh*te. FG are a busted flush and have resorted to going beserk on social media about Army Council boogeymen. You're at it as well so I'm not arsed entertaining it all that much. I was succinct in why FG are failing the country if you'd care to read again however.

In summation, FG are sh*te and their activists have a honk of thicko arrogance about them.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I heard it said on Newstalk by Pat Kenny to Paschal Donohoe reg the last budget, and the giveaways.

"A budget that would even make Paul Murphy blush"

Running out of road bish.

Be fair Mc, what else would a interviewer say?
    The last budget was a progressive budget that didn't generate much in either direction or cause much consternation.

The funny thing is, Fine Gael research teams with bum fluff on their chin probably read these threads, don't pay any heed to them, and instead just double-down on their obnoxious rhetoric.

Fiachra, if you're reading this, it's not too late to save yourself, you can do better than 23k year concocting focus-grouped propaganda for a political pyramid scheme.

Your argument was and is sh*te. FG are a busted flush and have resorted to going beserk on social media about Army Council boogeymen. You're at it as well so I'm not arsed entertaining it all that much. I was succinct in why FG are failing the country if you'd care to read again however.

In summation, FG are sh*te and their activists have a honk of thicko arrogance about them.

Much like the argument your putting forward, but you still haven't addressed how the left will fix anything you give out about without affecting or costing the taxpayer you are so concerned about.
    FG are gob****es perhaps, but maybe there are worse gob****es out there.
    Big gobs talking ****e doesn't get anything done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wholeheartedly agree, the sight of them pissin their jocks on social media is a sight to behold alright.

And they don't seem to grasp, the more they attack - the more harm it's doing themselves.

Yes they can for themselves they're right, and everyone else is wrong, but the numbers don't lie, it's no fluke or trick of the light that the Shinners are overtaking them in every age group bar the over 60s, and the numbers there will change each election cycle as the older generation who only ever voted FFG die off and are replaced with younger electorate who can see the power swap for what it was.

I'm on the right side of 40 (an 80s child) university educated with a well paying recession proof job, married to a woman also in the same boat, mortgage payers and children.

Neither of us will be voting for FFG in the medium to short term - and there's plenty in our groups of friends and colleagues feel the same way.

They've had their time in the sun.

Advertisement