Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Much like the argument your putting forward, but you still haven't addressed how the left will fix anything you give out about without affecting or costing the taxpayer you are so concerned about.
    FG are gob****es perhaps, but maybe there are worse gob****es out there.
    Big gobs talking ****e doesn't get anything done.

No there isn't.

And Fine Gael are addressing f*ckall that concerns middle-income groups and lower. You're the FG bullhorn boy on a FG thread, and you're not making a good case for them whatsover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Much like the argument your putting forward, but you still haven't addressed how the left will fix anything you give out about without affecting or costing the taxpayer you are so concerned about.

The FG rhetoric is exactly the rhetoric you seen in the U.S peddled by Trumpers and Republicans to keep the status quo no matter what. There's a new meme on it perfectly called better things aren't possible. It's perfect!

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/881161169469403137?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No there isn't.

And Fine Gael are addressing f*ckall that concerns middle-income groups and lower. You're the FG bullhorn boy on a FG thread, and you're not making a good case for them whatsover.

One trick pony PC, fcuk FG, not another notion in there that I've seen yet!
    Happy New year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    The FG rhetoric is exactly the rhetoric you seen in the U.S peddled by Trumpers and Republicans to keep the status quo no matter what. There's a new meme on it perfectly called better things aren't possible. It's perfect!

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/881161169469403137?s=19

Zzzzz.

One trick pony PC, fcuk FG, not another notion in there that I've seen yet!
    Happy New year now.

Plenty of notions yet you dismiss them. Making things better is simply labelled naive or impossible. FG would have us believe ireland is unique in every aspect with regards to housing, insurance, legal issues, corruption, tax and infrastructure development and that there's nothing can be done to tackle issues stemming from these areas. You'd want to be a moron or part of the cult to believe what they're selling.

• Advertisement

The Fine Gael rhetoric you see spilling onto social media is the stuff you'll hear in cumman meetings they use to gee themselves up and think that people want to listen to it:

What are we?

- We're the best!

Why are we the best?

- Because we say we're the best!

And what if we're not the best?

- Impossible, we're the best!

*rah! rah! rah!*

It's the stuff they copied and pasted from the Tories deluded 'strong and stable' electioneering and now they've nowhere to go when they're locked in a chaotic government with no direction with severe rolling social crises of their own making. Shaking in a corner repeating 'strong and stable, strong and stable' to themselves hoping someone will listen to them.

They're demoralized, and as we can see, they've retreated to half admitting how sh*te they are and are trying to scare the electorate about thinking of alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Yeah I'd broadly agree with that, I can understand someone voting for AN other in desperation if trying to get on the property ladder, however their proposals don't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. Imagine if we had followed the policies they have been shouting for the last decade? Would make our current crises look like a walk in the park IMO.

I agree with others on the army Council rubbish, people have their mind made up either way. Fg and others in government should focus on eliminating their own gaffes, and then highlight the stupidity of the opposition's proposals, although easier said than done.

Plenty of notions yet you dismiss them. Making things better is simply labelled naive or impossible. FG would have us believe ireland is unique in every aspect with regards to housing, insurance, legal issues, corruption, tax and infrastructure development and that there's nothing can be done to tackle issues stemming from these areas. You'd want to be a moron or part of the cult to believe what they're selling.

It is actually political cultism when you dig down into the psychology of it. Stalin would be envious of the way Leo's charges go out to bat for his vision of a failing movement.

The Fine Gael rhetoric you see spilling onto social media is the stuff you'll hear in cumman meetings they use to gee themselves up and think that people want to listen to it:

What are we?

- We're the best!

Why are we the best?

- Because we say we're the best!

And what if we're not the best?

- Impossible, we're the best!

*rah! rah! rah!*

It's the stuff they copied and pasted from the Tories deluded 'strong and stable' electioneering and now they've nowhere to go when they're locked in a chaotic government with no direction with severe rolling social crises of their own making. Shaking in a corner repeating 'strong and stable, strong and stable' to themselves hoping someone will listen to them.

They're demoralized, and as we can see, they've retreated to half admitting how sh*te they are and are trying to scare the electorate about thinking of alternatives.

The sneering/entitled class. It would be tragic if it wasn't for the absolute outrage when someone points out their condescending gaslighting. This add a comedy factor to it all. How dare the proles challenge them on the rhetoric they've built in their echo chamber view of the world.

christy c wrote: »
    Yeah I'd broadly agree with that, I can understand someone voting for AN other in desperation if trying to get on the property ladder, however their proposals don't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. Imagine if we had followed the policies they have been shouting for the last decade? Would make our current crises look like a walk in the park IMO.

I agree with others on the army Council rubbish, people have their mind made up either way. Fg and others in government should focus on eliminating their own gaffes, and then highlight the stupidity of the opposition's proposals, although easier said than done.

It's hard to get worse than Fine Gael's approach to housing. If they seriously want to speak to those people, they could do worse than actually taking a long hard look at the way they're going about the problem. What terrifies them is that (for instance) Eoin O'Broin's housing plan is a lot more right than it is wrong, and a lot of experts had their say on it over the last election, and while it isn't a silver bullet, a good many agreed that it would be a step in the right direction to ameliorate the problem.

In essence, the 'scrutiny' comment is Fine Gael talk to my mind. You don't crack hard problems without radical and fundamental action, and that's an anathema to many. It's not that it's impossible, it's that Fine Gael and their ilk want you to think it's impossible because they're not willing to do what it takes. People in housing insecurity or struggling to buy instinctually understand this and is one of many reasons why they'd desert a party like FG. They're simply not operating in their interests.

• Advertisement

It's hard to get worse than Fine Gael's approach to housing. If they seriously want to speak to those people, they could do worse than actually taking a long hard look at the way they're going about the problem. What terrifies them is that (for instance) Eoin O'Broin's housing plan is a lot more right than it is wrong, and a lot of experts had their say on it over the last election, and while it isn't a silver bullet, a good many agreed that it would be a step in the right direction to ameliorate the problem.

In essence, the 'scrutiny' comment is Fine Gael talk to my mind. You don't crack hard problems without radical and fundamental action, and that's an anathema to many. It's not that it's impossible, it's that Fine Gael and their ilk want you to think it's impossible because they're not willing to do what it takes. People in housing insecurity or struggling to buy instinctually understand this and is one of many reasons why they'd desert a party like FG. They're simply not operating in their interests.

The revolving door between the lobbying groups and ministers tells you everything you need to know. The housing situation is designed to milk the taxpayer for everything he/she is worth. 25 year leases at top rate. And they've the gall to scoff at others suggestions. Tragic.

In essence, the 'scrutiny' comment is Fine Gael talk to my mind. You don't crack hard problems without radical and fundamental action, and that's an anathema to many. It's not that it's impossible, it's that Fine Gael and their ilk want you to think it's impossible because they're not willing to do what it takes. People in housing insecurity or struggling to buy institutionally understand this and is one of many reasons why they'd desert a party like FG. They're simply not operating in their interests.

I've said before, Eoin O'Broin could have the best housing policy in the world, but absolutely useless if combined with the gibberish they call economic policy. Have a look back at the rubbish they've peddled for the last 10 years.

Scrutiny is scrutiny, nothing to do with "Fine Gael talk". If SF for example ditched they're populist tax the rich type nonsense, I would even throw them a vote myself.

I've said before, Eoin O'Broin could have the best housing policy in the world, but absolutely useless if combined with the gibberish they call economic policy. Have a look back at the rubbish they've peddled for the last 10 years.

Scrutiny is scrutiny, nothing to do with "Fine Gael talk". If SF for example ditched they're populist tax the rich type nonsense, I would even throw them a vote myself.

You spoke of the housing crisis and scrutiny. Their housing policy was subjected to a lot of scrutiny, and good many experts came down broadly in favour of it. That's how it went down and it drives some nuts for some reason.

There's a conversation to be had about tax, without coming down on any particular side, I'm not sure orthodox parties are prepared to have it either. Easier to shout about populism than take a serious look at things.

You spoke of the housing crisis and scrutiny. Their housing policy was subjected to a lot of scrutiny, and good many experts came down broadly in favour of it. That's how it went down and it drives some nuts for some reason.

There's a conversation to be had about tax, without coming down on any particular side, I'm not sure orthodox parties are prepared to have it either. Easier to shout about populism than take a serious look at things.

I can see where the confusion came from, what i meant was I can see how people would vote for SF, etc. because of the housing situation. However their main policies don't stand up to scrutiny (tax the rich rhetoric). Personally I did little more than glance at their housing policy because of the other rubbish they spout. It's useless on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Has Kehoe been questioned by Gardai yet?

I can see where the confusion came from, what i meant was I can see how people would vote for SF, etc. because of the housing situation. However their main policies don't stand up to scrutiny (tax the rich rhetoric). Personally I did little more than glance at their housing policy because of the other rubbish they spout. It's useless on its own.

What tax the rich rhetoric? Why wouldn't that work? You realize most other countries are looking at this? The coronavirus showed us that the likes of Larry Goodman actually do nothing for the Irish economy and is using bogus employment here for his operations.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/billionaire-tax-exiles-get-free-pass-to-stay-and-not-pay-tax-39103591.html

What tax the rich rhetoric? Why wouldn't that work? You realize most other countries are looking at this? The coronavirus showed us that the likes of Larry Goodman actually do nothing for the Irish economy and is using bogus employment here for his operations.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/billionaire-tax-exiles-get-free-pass-to-stay-and-not-pay-tax-39103591.html

I'm talking about the rubbish they have been calling for such as the increases to those earning over the arbitrary amount of €100k, although I think they adjusted that upwards? That's only a small piece though, their juvenile approach to Apple tax, etc.

I'm talking about the rubbish they have been calling for such as the increases to those earning over the arbitrary amount of €100k, although I think they adjusted that upwards? That's only a small piece though, their juvenile approach to Apple tax, etc.

What taxes do you think the EU will be asking Ireland to implement in exchange for their co- operation on Brexit, bye bye 12.5% corporation tax for a start, FG so busy looking for SF under the bed they missed the EU elephant in the room,

What taxes do you think the EU will be asking Ireland to implement in exchange for their co- operation on Brexit, bye bye 12.5% corporation tax for a start, FG so busy looking for SF under the bed they missed the EU elephant in the room,

They can "ask" all they like. Their bogus state aid case also looks like it will come to nothing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well looks like the veteran's aren't happy. No reply from FG as per usual. They get to ignore scandals.other parties get dragged over the coals by the media and their TD's made explain themselves after piling on the by FFG counterparts.

https://twitter.com/EastVeterans/status/1343917989658316802?s=19

If FG are true to form they'll start attacking the military like they do nurses.
    #notanormalparty

• Advertisement

I can't wait to see the taxpayers flocking to these other party's who are going to provide so much that will be, funded by said taxpayer.
    It'll be like turkeys voting for Xmas.
    Roll on the day.

A revisit of the 2020 election?
    You don't honestly think FG are only interested in being prudent with tax payer money?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm on the right side of 40 (an 80s child) university educated with a well paying recession proof job, married to a woman also in the same boat, mortgage payers and children.

Neither of us will be voting for FFG in the medium to short term - and there's plenty in our groups of friends and colleagues feel the same way.

They've had their time in the sun.

In that group as well, and the alternatives to FFG would prefer we give everything away to everybody else, who would you be voting for? Green or Labour? (can't be SF surely? they're basically espousing the antithesis of your current life)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Good old FG still bullying people on social media. Weird thing to say from a TD. Sounds like a right piece of work.

https://twitter.com/campaign4kehoe/status/1343213203749220352?s=19

Pretty mild stuff, surprised to see people getting excited by it.

blanch152 wrote: »

Young lad in Kerry got charged with less, telling someone they'd be silenced would be close to threatening behaviour, dont think this is going away with the union getting behind it

blanch152 wrote: »

Former soldier is critical of government. Former defense minister makes quip about him not being allowed post on social media.
    Nothing to see here?

Politician calls to fellow party member to ask they delete a post...scandal, outrage and lies.

Politician threatens party member to stand aside their candidacy or else.
    Nothing to see here?

The government bar is low these days.

#notanormalparty

FG will have to update their blooper post on twitter after today. That's twice now Leo has gone against NPHET and the nation has come out worse as a result.

FG will have to update their blooper post on twitter after today. That's twice now Leo has gone against NPHET and the nation has come out worse as a result.

That’s what Leo and the government get for expecting people to exercise personal responsibility and reduce the risk of they or their loved ones catching Covid. Leo and Michael should have been on hand to guide every single citizen of Ireland avoid Covid.

That’s what Leo and the government get for expecting people to exercise personal responsibility and reduce the risk of they or their loved ones catching Covid. Leo and Michael should have been on hand to guide every single citizen of Ireland avoid Covid.

Went against NPHET guidance twice. Maybe if E&Y with their trilemma hadn't on hand to guide every single decision snowballing to the chaos we see today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Trying to keep people in jobs.

All you care about is political point scoring.

People's livelihoods are nothing to you, once you can get a dig at Leo.

You're obsessed pal.

• Advertisement

Government tells people two weeks ago it's grand to do stuff.... Two weeks later covid explodes again...those damn citizens!

Advertisement