Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Not fit for government Blanch, certainly with folk like Callinan, Stanley, and others involved you are correct.

With people being edicted to attend ‘events’ and told how to dress as reported, one could be forgiven for thinking there is an element of Stalinesque politik about the party.

Especially with faceless shadowy figures reportedly pulling the strings in the background.

Pot kettle. People confronted and blackmailed on beaches. Calling to pensioners doors at night in a lockdown. Warning veterans off social media in a threatening fashion. Leaking commercially sensitive documentation. Politically planted judges. Fit me balls. Sick - a very,very sick party.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    That party are incapable of having the responsibility of government.

You are correct that it isn’t some schoolyard competition, it is a lot more serious than that with people dying and we have seen in the North how SF in government can make things an awful lot worse in that respect.

We can compare our government to that one and breathe a sigh of relief we weren’t burdened with that incompetence.

We are in our first day of a Level 5 lockdown blanch, numbers rising through the roof...some of you FGers are blaming the people for that.

It's the people's fault here but the Shinners fault in NI. Hypocrisy central peopled by your legendary boogeymen and women.

:):)

Isn't it amazing that when jobs are created it's because the Government helped create them despite having no input in the decision making of companies yet when a highly contagious virus that people have mixed messages from policy makers. A government that can literally enact emergency laws spirals out of control it's fault of citizens? Some bull****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

We are in our first day of a Level 5 lockdown blanch, numbers rising through the roof...some of you FGers are blaming the people for that.

It's the people's fault here but the Shinners fault in NI. Hypocrisy central peopled by your legendary boogeymen and women.

:):)

Not a new concept Francie, blanch has been at this for quite a while now unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That’s what Leo and the government get for expecting people to exercise personal responsibility and reduce the risk of they or their loved ones catching Covid. Leo and Michael should have been on hand to guide every single citizen of Ireland avoid Covid.

Obviously not. Sure the two of them cherry pick what advice they say we should follow.
    It's not like their job is to lead or anything :rolleyes:

Why are pubs closed? Do you think they should be opened and left up to people if they go or not?

• Advertisement

Well if some people still don't understand what they shouldnt be doing 9 months later then yes, they actually do need their hands held.

Thankfully most people don't but there is always those few poor souls that do.

That would include Varadkar and chums who chose what advice to listen to and what to ignore.

That party are incapable of having the responsibility of government.

You are correct that it isn’t some schoolyard competition, it is a lot more serious than that with people dying and we have seen in the North how SF in government can make things an awful lot worse in that respect.

We can compare our government to that one and breathe a sigh of relief we weren’t burdened with that incompetence.

Leak a confidential government negotiation document to a pal, the head of a rival organisation. No accountability. Shrugged off by FF/FG/Greens.

Telling lies about SF to try deflect from criticism of FG.
    The north is not following SF suggestions on tackling Covid and ironically while citing it's not a 'schoolyard competition', using the deaths from Covid in another jurisdiction to score points :rolleyes:

Maybe Varadkar will quote 'Mean Girls' while addressing it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »
    That would include Varadkar and chums who chose what advice to listen to and what to ignore.

And SF who ignored government advice both sides of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

So here we are at the end of the year. One dumpster fire of a year.

So lets ask Dan how well FF, FG and GP looked out for us this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

And SF who ignored government advice both sides of the border.

Jings, Keelings getting the ok from Coveney started the downward spiral, no surprise was when you see the capers the brother was at in the UK, Sign a nondisclosure agreement and feel free to infect your workmates, FG see a funeral that shows no evidence of any cases as a cause of cases yet refused to close a meat factory belonging to a benefactor which was riddled with Covid, Varaďkar having house parties in the big house doesn't bat an eyelid, At this stage FG have called "Wolf" so often no ones listening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Jings, Keelings getting the ok from Coveney started the downward spiral, no surprise was when you see the capers the brother was at in the UK, Sign a nondisclosure agreement and feel free to infect your workmates, FG see a funeral that shows no evidence of any cases as a cause of cases yet refused to close a meat factory belonging to a benefactor which was riddled with Covid, Varaďkar having house parties in the big house doesn't bat an eyelid, At this stage FG have called "Wolf" so often no ones listening

Woulfe you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

golfball37 wrote: »
    Woulfe you mean

Woulfe has never made a decision for himself, Smithers personified

Remember when FG tried to undermine NPHET?

https://twitter.com/AlanFarrell/status/1317079759030026240?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

smurgen wrote: »
    Remember when FG tried to undermine NPHET?

https://twitter.com/AlanFarrell/status/1317079759030026240?s=19

Nphet of course didn’t brief the media at all the time in question it was leaked by a member of the cabinet. I wonder who?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Nphet of course didn’t brief the media at all the time in question it was leaked by a member of the cabinet. I wonder who?

In fact there was no evidence they leaked anything and the minister for health had spoken to NPHET in the days prior. Alan Farrell should be asked to explain that tweet.

Remember when Leo told us it was grand to open for Christmas? Any update from him in how we're doing now? Haven't seen/heard from him in awhile and I'm sure businesses are worried.

https://twitter.com/DeayCiaran/status/1345457474032300032?s=19

Good advice here. Act as if you are infected. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40200066.html

Good advice here. Act as if you are infected. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40200066.html

Closing the gate after the horse had bolted? Good old reactionary Irish politics yet again. A drastic slashing of wages are needed. These lads couldn't run a bath so the high wages they've given themselves is unwarranted.

Not fit for government Blanch, certainly with folk like Callinan, Stanley, and others involved you are correct.

With people being edicted to attend ‘events’ and told how to dress as reported, one could be forgiven for thinking there is an element of Stalinesque politik about the party.

Especially with faceless shadowy figures reportedly pulling the strings in the background.

Not fit for government.

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1331341647951646720?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Was that around the time Mary-Lou wanted the pubs to be opened?

Genuine question, I can’t remember exactly when she was calling for it.

• Advertisement

Nope. Was shortly after Leo attacked the CMO. What a busted flush FG are.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1345726178133475328?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nope. Was shortly after Leo attacked the CMO. What a busted flush FG are.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1345726178133475328?s=19

If I want to read Twitter, I’ll read Twitter, dude.

Mick Caul:D

If I want to read Twitter, I’ll read Twitter, dude.

Mick Caul:D

How about Joesepha dude? 12 different coffee shops in the run up to Christmas? Oh and no mask. Great example to set.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1341037107507281923?s=19

That was never a time. She wanted ones already opened to remain opened. To help you, it's around the time Varadkar took a strop with NEPHET and someone leaked their recommendations to the public. It's also the time the government allowed a meat plant continue operations despite a covid cluster.
    Near enough to when Varadkar cited 'mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh while speaking on Covid.
    Hope that helps.

Charlie Flanagan very quiet about this...
    Northern Ireland First Minister and DUP leader Arlene Foster has said she has been made aware of a threat against her by the South East Antrim UDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That was never a time. She wanted ones already opened to remain opened. .

Ah yes, the same time that Michelle wanted to close schools, keep pubs and bookies open but close schools, the educated Sinn Fein response to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah yes, the same time that Michelle wanted to close schools, keep pubs and bookies open but close schools, the educated Sinn Fein response to Covid.

Like deciding to ignore NPHET advice, watch the numbers surge and then in a wet week bring in the restrictions you were advised to? That kind of educated response? Twice now.

Jaysus, you have some neck, no harm to you.

Grand. So you've got it now? I fear you'll be spouting 'she wanted to open pubs' again in the future because this isn't the first time you've had to be corrected.
    Switch to MON to try save blushes.

The leader of FG used quotes from 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh when speaking to the nation about Covid. I don't think anything can top that. I really don't.

• Advertisement

Grand. So you've got it now? I fear you'll be spouting 'she wanted to open pubs' again in the future because this isn't the first time you've had to be corrected.
    Switch to MON to try save blushes.

The leader of FG used quotes from 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh when speaking to the nation about Covid. I don't think anything can top that. I really don't.

I dunno about that. Undermining the chief medical officer and the expert team live on tv was probably worse.

Advertisement