Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

smurgen wrote: »
    I dunno about that. Undermining the chief medical officer and the expert team live on tv was probably worse.

I have a movie quote for Leo for his presser tomorrow, if he wants to address the CMO gaff he made.
    “I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst.

from 'Happy Gilmore'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I have a movie quote for Leo for his presser tomorrow, if he wants to address the CMO gaff he made.

from 'Happy Gilmore'
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said: "Once again I have to apologise for some of my leaky ministers. I will try and make sure that I have less leaky ministers next time if I have the opportunity to appoint ministers again.

I can see why he opted for plagiarism if this is his speed. Also the irony isn't lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And they'll be on the Shannon runway welcoming Trump in if he decides to hit Doonbeg. Might even sort out a few planning issues for him.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And they'll be on the Shannon runway welcoming Trump in if he decides to hit Doonbeg. Might even sort out a few planning issues for him.

Sure sure the lads will be scrubbing social media links now Trump is out of power.

https://twitter.com/Oireachtas_RX/status/1347710613896765445?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Clutching at straws.

Just for the sake of it.

Zzzzzzzzz

Clutching at straws.

Just for the sake of it.

Zzzzzzzzz

I dunno. There's a SF thread there that could be moved to the conspiracy theory forum. Anyway back on topic.

I wonder if Leo will miss his buddy? A weird courtship with the press and nod and a wink type arrangements with lobby groups. They'd alot in common really.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-says-he-sympathises-with-trump-on-media-1.3552890

Was there ever any follow-up on milkshake girl? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Suspiciously quiet. Even the Gardai haven’t updated their investigation status . It was described as an attack on our democracy by some, assault by others. It should be kept in public domain until the culprit is found

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And has Zero Craic been sued yet?

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And has Zero Craic been sued yet?

Did he wipe the floor with the village like the FG cheerleaders told us?Funny these tweets are deleted now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

golfball37 wrote: »
    Suspiciously quiet. Even the Gardai haven’t updated their investigation status . It was described as an attack on our democracy by some, assault by others. It should be kept in public domain until the culprit is found

Think it's more a domestic quarrel ,

Quality and some comic relief on Blue Monday :)

https://twitter.com/FancyVegasPro/status/1351135401428324357?s=19

Is LV for the heave?
    Odd the Times publish this now.
    Tánaiste Leo Varadkar posted the new GP contract to head of rival doctor’s group Maitiú Ó Tuathail in 2019 when then minister for health Simon Harris was trying to obtain a copy, official records show.

Mr Harris’s officials had warned that any leak of the document would endanger the agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bowie wrote: »
    Is LV for the heave?

Jesus - Harris was treated like dirt, how could he vote confidence in Leo after this?
    Records released under the Freedom of Information Act to the Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty and seen by The Irish Times show increasingly urgent attempts by Mr Harris to obtain a copy of the draft agreement between the State and the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO). This was happening at the same time as Mr Varadkar had posted a copy to the home address of Dr Ó Tuathail, who was head of the now-defunct National Association of General Practitioners (NAGP).

And to all those on here trying to spin the yarn that the document was no longer confidential.....
    Mr Varadkar told the Dáil he provided a copy of the document to Dr Ó Tuathail “most likely on 15th or 16th April” 2019. Departmental records show that Mr Harris’s adviser emailed senior officials on April 15th wondering “if the document has been completed and if the minister can have a copy”. She also asked: “Is it possible to publish the document?” A few minutes later, one of the officials responded with a one-line email: “The agreement document has not yet been finalised.”

Later that morning, a senior official, Feargal Goodman, added a further response, explaining the reason for not providing the document to the minister. “There is some final material to be agreed with the IMO and the parties are exchanging draft text in this regard
    .”

Holy Moly. :eek:

McMurphy wrote: »
    Jesus - Harris was treated like dirt, how could he vote confidence in Leo after this?

And to all those on here trying to spin the yarn that the document was no longer confidential.....

Instead of letting Varadkar go the first time, they'll probably lose two ministers now, and could possibly collapse the government. Simon Harris...what was he thinking with the fevered defence, he was treated like dirt.

EsJHFLDW4AQOp6F?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Instead of letting Varadkar go the first time, they'll probably lose two ministers now, and could possibly collapse the government. Simon Harris...what was he thinking with the fevered defence, he was treated like dirt.

EsJHFLDW4AQOp6F?format=jpg&name=medium

How did they not forsee this coming by way of the FOI documents though?

Also - fixed your embedded image for you.

How did they not forsee this coming by way of the FOI documents though?

Also - fixed your embedded image for you.

Buying time, I would imagine, and hoping it would go away. The FF and FG way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Remember when Leo told us it was grand to open for Christmas? Any update from him in how we're doing now? Haven't seen/heard from him in awhile and I'm sure businesses are worried.

https://twitter.com/DeayCiaran/status/1345457474032300032?s=19

He really is some prize muppet. We had the perfect laboratory experiment in Americas Thanksgiving at the end of November to find out what would happen when people travel and mix during a global pandemic

December 4th
    Brace for post-Thanksgiving COVID-19 surge in 2-3 weeks, Dr. Fauci warns
    The nation's top infectious disease expert says the surge in coronavirus cases from Thanksgiving gatherings may occur right as we get ready for Christmas.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says the surge in coronavirus cases related to gatherings and travel over the Thanksgiving holiday may not be felt for weeks and could run right into the Christmas season.

"May be a little bit of blip (right now), but we don't expect to see the full brunt of it between two and three weeks following Thanksgiving, so I think we have not yet seen the post-Thanksgiving peak," Fauci told Savannah Guthrie on TODAY Friday. "That's the concerning thing because the numbers in and of themselves are alarming, and then you realize that it is likely we'll see more of a surge as we get two to three weeks past the Thanksgiving holiday."
    https://www.today.com/health/brace-post-thanksgiving-covid-19-surge-2-3-weeks-dr-t202642

1 week later
    Two weeks after Thanksgiving, the spike on COVID-19 tracking graphs in the United States is a straight line going in the wrong direction.

The number of new cases is up more than 20 percent from 2 weeks ago.The number of hospitalizations has increased by 21 percent. The number of deaths has jumped 39 percent, with the United States surpassing 3,000 deaths in 1 day for the first time. The surge in cases predicted after the Thanksgiving holiday appears to be here.

And it doesn’t appear this is the peak either.
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/the-post-thanksgiving-covid-19-surge-is-here-what-to-expect-now

All mapped out and obvious yet Leo spent December talking about opening up for Christmas, a plan that basically got cancelled on Christmas Eve anyway

And what do we have yesterday?
    The Department of Health has confirmed 93 Covid-related deaths and 2,001 new cases of the disease.

There have now been 2,708 deaths from coronavirus and a total of 176,839 cases. Of the deaths reported today, three occurred in December, 89 occurred in January and the date of one death is still under investigation.

It was the highest daily death toll recorded here since the outbreak of the pandemic last year.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0119/1190766-restrictions-review/

All completely predictable had he listened to science and experts like Dr.Fauci and Dr.Holohan. Of course Leo knew better :rolleyes: Yet again Leo shows he hasnt a clue about leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This is comedy gold. People shooting their load over an Irish Times article that says:

"A spokeswoman for Mr Harris said: “As the Tánaiste has said, Minster Harris provided him with a copy of the agreement on April 4th or 5th. The Minister sought a copy of the final contract on April 15th - ahead of a Dáil debate. He was eager for this to be published. He was provided with a copy of the agreement on the 17th April and the contract was published in May by the Department.”"

So Harris gave Varadkar the copy that Varadkar gave O'Tuathail yet somehow Pearse and the boys think that Varadkar had a copy before Harris.

Crying tears of laughter emoji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Madigan spouting sh1te again

"We’ve spent the last week talking about mother and baby homes, where our most vulnerable were left to their own devices in less than satisfactory conditions and we're now allowing further anxiety and upset to be placed on the shoulders of parents whose children desperately need to go back to school."

What does she even mean

Is LV for the heave?

Oh hilarious post. Not a chance. Keep dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if FG get rid of the slimey worm and actually do commit to cutting income taxes and actually do, do it. They could win back voters, that left them after years of being lied too!

blanch152 wrote: »
    This is comedy gold. People shooting their load over an Irish Times article that says:

"A spokeswoman for Mr Harris said: “As the Tánaiste has said, Minster Harris provided him with a copy of the agreement on April 4th or 5th. The Minister sought a copy of the final contract on April 15th - ahead of a Dáil debate. He was eager for this to be published. He was provided with a copy of the agreement on the 17th April and the contract was published in May by the Department.”"

So Harris gave Varadkar the copy that Varadkar gave O'Tuathail yet somehow Pearse and the boys think that Varadkar had a copy before Harris.

Crying tears of laughter emoji

That's the opposite of the Times piece. What's your source? The Times piece states that Harris was still looking for a draft when Varadkar sent it to his pal.
    Somebody is telling fibs.

Madigan spouting sh1te again

What does she even mean

What a horrible thing for her to do. Use the mother and baby homes to try damage teacher unions. Very nasty.

Oh hilarious post. Not a chance. Keep dreaming.

Very mature. So that would be a no?
    Just wondering why the Times brought it up again. We discuss things here.

I think Varadkar does great work for anyone looking to see the back of FG or looking for a laugh.

That's the opposite of the Times piece. What's your source? The Times piece states that Harris was still looking for a draft when Varadkar sent it to his pal.
    Somebody is telling fibs.

It is the very last paragraph of the Irish Times article!!! Did you not read to the end because of excitement?

It is the very last paragraph of the Irish Times article!!! Did you not read to the end because of excitement?

As I said, (x3) I was wondering why the Times published it, not how they came upon it.
    Did you find out who was telling lies? Was your 'shooting your load' post spin on half truths or just lies?
    Seems Harris couldn't get a copy when Varadkar was slipping a draft to a pal. Really caught Leo out lying again.
    Would you respect the Greens more if they took issue, this time? If not, would you be cool with Gino from PBP telling such lies too?

As I said, (x3) I was wondering why the Times published it, not how they came upon it.
    Did you find out who was telling lies? Was your 'shooting your load' post spin on half truths or just lies?
    Seems Harris couldn't get a copy when Varadkar was slipping a draft to a pal. Really caught Leo out lying again.
    Would you respect the Greens more if they took issue, this time? If not, would you be cool with Gino from PBP telling such lies too?

The bit in bold simply isn't true, as Harris himself is quoted as saying in the Irish Times!!!! Read to the end.

• Advertisement

The bit in bold simply isn't true, as Harris himself is quoted as saying in the Irish Times!!!! Read to the end.

That's not true. A spokesperson for Harris, quoting a known liar, Varadkar.
    I think you are not understanding what it actually says in your haste to defend Varadkar.

Here we go:
    A spokesman for Mr Varadkar said: “As the Tánaiste explained to the Dáil in November, he received a copy of the agreement made with the IMO from the minister for health around April 4th or 5th.
    A spokeswoman for Mr Harris said: “As the Tánaiste has said, Minster Harris provided him with a copy of the agreement on April 4th or 5th. The Minister sought a copy of the final contract on April 15th - ahead of a Dáil debate. He was eager for this to be published. He was provided with a copy of the agreement on the 17th April and the contract was published in May by the Department.”

So it's agreed Varadkar leaked a draft of the document, many claimed falsely was published, to his pal. A confidential negotiation document to the then head of a rival union to try score support/votes.
    The only grey area is what version of the document Harris was looking for when Varadkar was leaking his copy.
    I suppose trying to get some sort of a win, is still a win ;)

Advertisement