Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hogan under severe pressure and trying to shift the blame to the Hotel and Leo doesn't even mention him. Nothing learned from Bailey it seems...keep digging until it all goes tits up.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1296773519112654850

Worst excuse ever, if your safety is being assured and you arrive to an establishment and it is quite evident it's not, do you:

Leave.

Or sit through it, and then tweet about it blaming the hotel afterwards?

Personal responsibility anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This isn't a little mess up by a couple of politicians...the entire apparatus of the state is in the frame here , the political class that 'lead' us, the judiciary, our representatives in the EU, the Gardai and the media.

Hmmm one member of the political class seems very pleased to have ‘broken the State’ and apparently shouted support for a terrorist organisation.

Sauce for the goose....an all that Francie.

Seems to be a ‘lot of anger ‘ over travel restrictions and distancing but the leader and deputy leader of a party seem to have overcome all that stuff.

Be careful what you wish for, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    List these examples please.

**Puts on kettle**

TUFZMTI0MTA4ODUw.jpg?width=640

Bowie wrote: »
    Justice Woulfe is another Fine Gaeler.

Proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

markodaly wrote: »
    Proof?

He was an active FG member in his constituency.

Apart from that the Law Library is an intensely poltical place. Every SC has their colours and will have cultivated poltical relationships looking to get a tap on the shoulder for one gig or another.

• Advertisement

TUFZMT0MTA4ODUw.jpg?width=640

Oh sorry my bad.....I thought highlighting the relevant text would have fool proofed what I was referring to....
    An example has been set by Fianna Fail and Fine Gael and others should follow that.

List these examples please.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Proof?

Here..

He was appointed as Attorney General in June 2017 on the nomination of Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, at the formation of the 31st Government of Ireland, succeeding Máire Whelan. At the time of his appointment, he was active with Fine Gael in Dublin Bay North.[15] He was seen by ministers to be a trusted adviser to Varadkar.[19]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séamus_Woulfe

Here..

That doesnt prove that he is a FG member.
    Is that all you have?

Is that all you have?

he was active with FG. Makes him a Fine Gaeler.

So no proof he is a FG member then.
    Thanks for playing.

• Advertisement

Is that all you have?

His membership and activism for FG has been widely reported on the past few years. I don't think I should need to direct you to a search engine.

I also hope your not naive enough to think one gets appointed AG without being a party loyalist.

So no proof he is a FG member then.
    Thanks for playing.

I said he was a Fine Gaeler ;)

But he was a member.

I said he was a Fine Gaeler ;)

I'm not sure why you're even entertaining him. Seamus Woulfe was well known FG head for many years in Dublin. I think he's looking for us to crack into FG HQ servers or something to produce a membership list.

It's not even up for debate if he was a FG member or not. The poster is being extremely silly here.

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you're even entertaining him. Seamus Woulfe was well known FG head for many years in Dublin. I think he's looking for us to crack into FG HQ servers or something to produce a membership list.

It's not even up for debate if he was a FG member or not. The poster is being extremely silly here.

It's amusing. They try pick a section from a greater post they are trying to deflect from and sell it as countering waffle or lies. Desperate. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Oh sorry my bad.....I thought highlighting the relevant text would have fool proofed what I was referring to....

List these examples please.......

Ministers in government resigning having broken Covid-19 guidelines (Calleary versus O'Neill and Murphy)

Whip removed from Oireachtas members having broken Covid-19 guidelines (Buttimer et al versus Mary-Lou and Pearse)

Why these need to be explained to you is beyond me, you know them well, and are probably playing some silly game, rather than debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Interesting, does that mean that Liam Adams, Tom McFeely, Slab Murphy and that fella who had to ask Gerry could he talk to the Gardai are all Shinners even though it has been claimed they were not members, because they were all certainly active with SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,159 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Worst excuse ever, if your safety is being assured and you arrive to an establishment and it is quite evident it's not, do you:

Leave.

Or sit through it, and then tweet about it blaming the hotel afterwards?

Personal responsibility anyone?

I asked the question last night, at what point did Dara 'realise' it was wrong...when he entered the room or when the newspaper published...I think we know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ministers in government resigning having broken Covid-19 guidelines (Calleary versus O'Neill and Murphy)

Whip removed from Oireachtas members having broken Covid-19 guidelines (Buttimer et al versus Mary-Lou and Pearse)

Why these need to be explained to you is beyond me, you know them well, and are probably playing some silly game, rather than debating.

Yep, b, that’s how it rolls here.

They try to wear you out.

:D. Won’t happen.

Yurt! wrote: »

Like how Gerry Adams was never a member of the PIRA.
    Ouch, walked into that one!

Well you tried to play this game earlier, claiming people broke the covid travel restrictions, you have been told already that the island wide restrictions were lifted June 29th, Storey's funeral was June 30th so there's no lockdown travel restrictions broken.

There are photos of some shinners not observing social distancing guidelines, (same as Garda Horkans funeral) but that's about it, but there are some photos of FG and others doing same before and after Stroeys funeral.

Now what?

• Advertisement

Don't give a rattlers. Woulfe was a prominent FG member and you're being extremely silly trying to sell anyone on anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,159 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well you tried to play this game earlier, claiming people broke the covid travel restrictions, you have been told already that the island wide restrictions were lifted June 29th, Storey's funeral was June 30th so there's no lockdown travel restrictions broken.

There are photos of some shinners not observing social distancing guidelines, (same as Garda Horkans funeral) but that's about it, but there are some photos of FG and others doing same before and after Stroeys funeral.

Now what?

Although they are desparate to get this story deflected to the shinners, you are right here. PSNI are looking at funeral for those who broke regs and we have heard nothing yet.

They have been found guilty in the court of blanch though.

SF deserve criticism,(and punishment if regs were broken) they really should have known better and I would be unequivocal about that whether regs were broken or not.

What the Clifden 81 have done though is of much much wider import because they have both done something that has massively angered the public and revealed how the country really works when you are in a certain circle.

It will be fun and games when they try to exclude others in the future. Who'd have thought Dara Calleary and Phil Hogan would be the ones to finally usher in change? :0

Interesting, does that mean that Liam Adams, Tom McFeely, Slab Murphy and that fella who had to ask Gerry could he talk to the Gardai are all Shinners even though it has been claimed they were not members, because they were all certainly active with SF?

4a6ae1caa1177bc98752631e8fdae648c3b73391b26d7a73dcdc58b3576ccb00.jpg

Couldn't give a bollo. Sorry buddy, your tired old tactics are spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Woulfey is a member of FG. I can confirm that.

If only Bobby Storey’s sinister funeral hadn’t shown such a complete disregard for lockdown, and with zero resignations as a result then they’d have a leg to stand on.

As it is they can’t start taking the high moral ground. Which must be a real kick in the hole for their online army supporters.

Haha.

where are you going with this?
    You asked for proof and got it. He was an active member of Fine Gael. He's a Fine Gaeler.

As I was saying...
    Justice Woulfe is another Fine Gaeler. Nice to see a top judge who helped put the legalities of Covid restrictions in place attend this event. The Garda present who should be enforcing them too.
    A real uncovering of how our betters have no regard for the plight of the little people.
    Who'll get the Agricultural job now....

If only Bobby Storey’s sinister funeral hadn’t shown such a complete disregard for lockdown, and with zero resignations as a result then they’d have a leg to stand on.

As it is they can’t start taking the high moral ground. Which must be a real kick in the hole for their online army supporters.

Haha.

Lockdown travel restrictions for travel was lifted on June 29tn dude.

Storey's funeral was June 30th.

You understand how the dates on a calender work I assume, and that 29 is before 30, therefore the funeral took place after lockdown was lifted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Haha.

So your happy that Sinn Fein can't "brag" about this scandal at the Golf Classic.

Any normal person would be outraged at anyone at the event and wouldnt even think of bringing Sinn Féin into it.

Lockdown travel restrictions for travel was lifted on June 29tn dude.

Storey's funeral was June 30th.

You understand how the dates on a calender work I assume, and that 29 is before 30, therefore the funeral took place after lockdown was lifted?

They must have a low opinion of the Garda and Charlie Tanagan after their funeral, but you'll not hear a peep.
    TBF, I've more sympathy for a funeral than a golfing piss up the day after new restrictions.

Thread about FG, FG fellas be like.......

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Thread about FG, FG fellas be like.......

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

Welcome to politics on boards, not unique to any party.

Advertisement