Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    And their own gyms, don't forget the gyms, cinema and events as well.

Have you cntacted your Green party member and asked why she objected yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have you cntacted your Green party member and asked why she objected yet?

Francie, I am a Green Party voter for big picture reasons, doesn't mean I agree with or defend every single thing they do.

She was wrong to vote against it full stop.

Francie, I am a Green Party voter for big picture reasons, doesn't mean I agree with or defend every single thing they do.

She was wrong to vote against it full stop.

Have you asked her why she did? Due diligence etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

To those that voted GP ,, I'm sure they now have a bad case of buyers remorse. And if that flipping eejit falls asleep one more time, it's the last time GP will win seats at a GE.

To those that voted FF, once again we see that our votes just manage to put FG back in power, How did we fall that trick again. Over the last 2 GE's a vote cast for FF just went straight to FG. How! Why? .

To those that voted FG,, a party that only managed to get most of their big names over the line on 8th or 9th counts, and somehow is still calling the shots. Those voters must be very happy now, and then to top things off,, Micheál Martin the leader of FF wanted to be Taoiseach so bad, that he was willing to be Leo's puppet and do what FG told him.

As for SF, Next Time for sure.

satguy wrote: »
    To those that voted GP ,, I'm sure they now have a bad case of buyers remorse. And if that flipping eejit falls asleep one more time, it's the last time GP will win seats at a GE.

To those that voted FF, once again we see that our votes just manage to put FG back in power, How did we fall that trick again. Over the last 2 GE's a vote cast for FF just went straight to FG. How! Why? .

To those that voted FG,, a party that only managed to get most of their big names over the line on 8th or 9th counts, and somehow is still calling the shots. Those voters must be very happy now, and then to top things off,, Micheál Martin the leader of FF wanted to be Taoiseach so bad, that he was willing to be Leo's puppet and do what FG told him.

As for SF, Next Time for sure.

As a Green party voter, I am very happy with the outcome. You are projecting views on to others.

• Advertisement

Now, I never said at any point in this debate that corruption was present in this particular case.

I said (read carefully please) that Public Reps are duty bound to look at the entire bigger picture which may or may not involve somebody looking to have their pockets lined as has been the case before in this country sadly.

If you have an issue with that, debate that, DO NOT mis-represent what has been said, as you usually do.

I only looked at the bigger picture in the same way that you did.

Sinn Fein councillors, TDs and members have been racist, misogynist, sectarian, homophobic, terrorists, criminals and conspiracy theorists. Taking that information into the bigger picture allows me to conclude that Mary-Lou and the parliamentary party are all of that. That is the exact same thing you did, albeit you did it about much smaller numbers of individual incidents.

Sinn Fein councillors, TDs and members have been racist, misogynist, sectarian, homophobic, terrorists, criminals and conspiracy theorists. Taking that information into the bigger picture allows me to conclude that Mary-Lou and the parliamentary party are all of that. That is the exact same thing you did, albeit you did it about much smaller numbers of individual incidents.

You are entitled to your view blanch. Now if you can show me that planning corruption has not happened here and should not be in the concerns of public representatives then do that please and stop with the pathetic attempts to divert the thread to under your bed and the boogeymen and women that reside there.

You are entitled to your view blanch. Now if you can show me that planning corruption has not happened here and should not be in the concerns of public representatives then do that please and stop with the pathetic attempts to divert the thread to under your bed and the boogeymen and women that reside there.

Can you show us that corruption HAS happened here? Or have the bogeymen moved in with you?

except i didnt ask this....can yous gaurantee their womt be families moved into these tenaments

Yes or no....simple qs

What’s your fixation with families and tenements? The difference between tenements and the proposed development has been pointed out to you numerous times.
    Why would a FAMILY move into a one bedroom home with shared kitchen/dining areas, long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

So it takes a full party to do all this when John Bruton has all these characteristics in one vile package

• Advertisement

except i didnt ask this....can yous gaurantee their womt be families moved into these tenaments

Yes or no....simple qs

My point is that nobody can guarantee anything in this life. Demanding impossible answers to impossible questions is not a policy debate.

Co-living is designed for younger people in high-mobility occupations who aren't interested in putting down roots. The best modern cities have them in abundance. We are adding a small number to our housing stock. It makes perfect sense.

You will gaurantee this,100%......as imo its straight up.type scams ffg ususlly pull

To.me,their just a modern take on tenamemts,no matter how much you try and hype them up,as wonderful

To you, they may be that, but to any observer, looking at them and how they have succeeded elsewhere, they are as far from tenements as it is possible to go.

Those in Ireland who object most to them are those who cling to the old notion of a three-bedroom house in the suburbs with a garden big enough for a trampoline. Across Europe, most families are brought up in apartments.

Its not an impossible qs....its a simple yes/no....which your inability to formally rule out,speaks volumes about the contempt ffg have surronding policy debate

And again.....can you gaurantee,the state would put homeless families into these....rabbiting off learned phrases,is a poor subsititude for the reality

I am not FFG, despite your best efforts to paint anybody who disagrees with you as such.

Nobody offers any guarantees in life. Those who expect guarantees in life are a symbol of the entitlement culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I am not FFG, despite your best efforts to paint anybody who disagrees with you as such.

Nobody offers any guarantees in life. Those who expect guarantees in life are a symbol of the entitlement culture.

That's funny

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's funny

Possibly..... but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Any chance of Coveney manning up and getting rid of the wasters? FG brand in the gutter. Madigan.Varadkar. Harris. Murphy. FG now in tatters. A shell of it's former self.

Wonder is Murphy still against lockdowns? https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1331302140543979520?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭satguy

It's only a matter of time until FG give in to RTE's demands, and find a way to make every household pay a media tax.

RTE and FG have been in lockstep over the last few years, and RTE have, by and large given FG an easy ride. (no hard questions)
    The favouritism shown to FG by both RTE and the Dinny owned media has been staggering.

If FF make a gaff, RTE are all over it,, If FG make a gaff there is silence from both RTE and the Dinny owned media.

Can't wait for all the fun, when one party and the media are on the same page.

Should be good.

smurgen wrote: »
    Any chance of Coveney manning up and getting rid of the wasters? FG brand in the gutter. Madigan.Varadkar. Harris. Murphy. FG now in tatters. A shell of it's former self.

Jaysus, everything is ‘in tatters’ according to you.

You must think everyone is an idiot.

Jaysus, everything is ‘in tatters’ according to you.

You must think everyone is an idiot.

If that's what you extrapolated from that quote of mine then FG must be your be all and end all. Some major projection going on there :p

• Advertisement

If that's what you extrapolated from that quote of mine then FG must be your be all and end all. Some major projection going on there :p

What exactly are you trying to say?

Ireland is one of the top ten countries in the world in which to live, shouldn’t we be celebrating that?

No, a chara, what I extrapolated is that your ‘mission’ here seems to be to keep firing up as much incorrect and overhyped gloom and doom on these pages as you can.

Then there are idiots out there who will actually believe it.

That’s what I thought was your idea no?:cool:

No, a chara, what I extrapolated is that your ‘mission’ here seems to be to keep firing up as much incorrect and overhyped gloom and doom on these pages as you can.

Then there are idiots out there who will actually believe it.

That’s what I thought was your idea no?:cool:

Saying there is no alternative is doom and gloom. Again you see people talking out against FG making a balls of things and embarrassing themselves over and over as threatening. It's speaks more of you than it does my posts. And where is the incorrect information in my last post? Are you saying Eoghan Murphy wasn't against lockdowns? Is the video a deep fake? Are we going into conspiracy mode now with FG loyalists?

Saying there is no alternative is doom and gloom. Again you see people talking out against FG making a balls of things and embarrassing themselves over and over as threatening. It's speaks more of you than it does my posts. And where is the incorrect information in my last post? Are you saying Eoghan Murphy wasn't against lockdowns? Is the video a deep fake? Are we going into conspiracy mode now with FG loyalists?

Nah dude, what I see is a person who spends hours scraping Twitter for anything negative they can find, posting them up here with overhyped and hyperbolic comment- mostly one line stuff.

I think you need to take a look at yourself.

If you think I am going to bother analyzing your posts in any depth....think again:D

Good news at last. We’re flattening the curve. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40212998.html
    Keep up the good work, folks. Stay home and stay safe. We’ll get through this.

Good news at last. We’re flattening the curve. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40212998.html

Of course we are, we're in lockdown.

We flattened it before and it shot back up when the government got the re-opening catastrophically wrong.
    Any ideas on how we can avoid that next time?

What's to stop it from happening again?

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1352229849054801920?s=19

Why bother replying?

Looks like you just want to shut down any and all dissent

Incorrect, just stop the hyperbole and Twitter scraping.

We all know the swamp life who infest that platform.

Incorrect, just stop the hyperbole and Twitter scraping.

We all know the swamp life who infest that platform.

FG invest alot into their Twitter platform. It allows for articles and videos to be shared with ease. It's a great place to be able to fine points of record and now uncomfortable Dail speaches for some. The usual hive mind that some in here like cannot compete with it and I think that's why these attempts to derail threads are happening. Please keep your opinions on myself to yourself. I was not on at 6 am this morning ranting about a political party. You were.

• Advertisement

Good to see the Justice Minister talking some sense.if she could extend a bit of pragmatism to her party colleagues it might mean public health on the island is safer.

https://twitter.com/rtetwip/status/1353316718765105154?s=19

Advertisement