Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

blanch152 wrote: »
    Twitter is unreliable, that is known.

What more needs to be said?

Unreliable? All of it? Even when you link to the RTE/VM account that simply plays a clip from a tv show? Or some one linking to or screenshotting an article from RTE/IT/Indo etc?

I suppose you yearn for the days when all the media people had to consume was government lickspittles such as Pat Leahy and Stephen Collins in the rag that is the IT? If you want unreliable read some of the drivel those clowns have been pushing

The government (and some posters on here) don't like Twitter as the more "established" parties have no way to control the narrative enf of IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And the irony of all of this is that FG HQ will trawl through opposition TDs Twitter, FB and other social media accounts.

Employed somebody to do it, allegedly. The irony eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Twitter is merely a medium to communicate.

Anyhoo...

Irish Times:

Dishonestly trying to make it sound worse than it may need be.
    Ireland will be in and out of lockdown for sometime if the flip flopping doesn't stop.
    He's now also cool with folk going to funerals.

Then he gets all typical Shinner...

As opposed to the lads on here dishonestly trying to make out it was no problem to quarantine everyone.

I said from the first time that it was raised that we didn't have the hotel rooms in Dublin to deal with the volume of people coming through Dublin Airport and that even if we did, it is a greater risk to expose that number of hotel workers to the virus.

Incidentally, if those hotel workers adopted the attitude of the teachers that it wasn't safe to work, would Pearse and the lads back them? And would visitors be left starving in bedrooms the way that the teacher unions have left special needs kids to regress?

CarProblem wrote: »
    Unreliable? All of it? Even when you link to the RTE/VM account that simply plays a clip from a tv show? Or some one linking to or screenshotting an article from RTE/IT/Indo etc?

I suppose you yearn for the days when all the media people had to consume was government lickspittles such as Pat Leahy and Stephen Collins in the rag that is the IT? If you want unreliable read some of the drivel those clowns have been pushing

The government (and some posters on here) don't like Twitter as the more "established" parties have no way to control the narrative enf of IMO

It is the exception rather than the rule to link to Twitter accounts that might be considered reliable. Generally, some Shinnerbot on Twitter gets quoted as if they are a font of all wisdom rather than a kid in a bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

As opposed to the lads on here dishonestly trying to make out it was no problem to quarantine everyone.

I said from the first time that it was raised that we didn't have the hotel rooms in Dublin to deal with the volume of people coming through Dublin Airport and that even if we did, it is a greater risk to expose that number of hotel workers to the virus.

Incidentally, if those hotel workers adopted the attitude of the teachers that it wasn't safe to work, would Pearse and the lads back them? And would visitors be left starving in bedrooms the way that the teacher unions have left special needs kids to regress?

Don't compound LV's dishonesty. Who is saying it's 'no problem'? It'll be tough on people and need be policed.
    Maybe see how they do it in Australia?

I couldn't care less what Pearse and the lads think TBH.
    Would they be using the mini bar on the tax payers coin? Would they get bed sores from watching telly in bed? Reminds me of the 'down to a trickle' talk.
    Do you suggest forcing teachers into schools under threat?
    Varadkar and yourself are engaging in scaremongering.

• Advertisement

Don't compound LV's dishonesty. Who is saying it's 'no problem'? It'll be tough on people and need be policed.
    Maybe see how they do it in Australia?

I couldn't care less what Pearse and the lads think TBH.
    Would they be using the mini bar on the tax payers coin? Would they get bed sores from watching telly in bed? Reminds me of the 'down to a trickle' talk.
    Do you suggest forcing teachers into schools under threat?
    Varadkar and yourself are engaging in scaremongering.

The girl in the hotel in Vietnam on CB last night had no contact with staff at all. The leader of the hotel group on the show saw no problem with it in the proper hotels here, he seemed to think there were enough of, also. It's a smokescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It is the exception rather than the rule to link to Twitter accounts that might be considered reliable. Generally, some Shinnerbot on Twitter gets quoted as if they are a font of all wisdom rather than a kid in a bedroom.

The irony.

Here's the Tanaiste, one side of his mouth, opposition party only want gay non white females from non middle class backgrounds.....

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

Few days later, from the other side of his mouth.... Sinn Fein don't want homosexuals, young women and people of mixed race.

They'll have no one left to appeal to by this rate. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

It is the exception rather than the rule to link to Twitter accounts that might be considered reliable

Fair enough if that's your experience, it's not mine. One poster on here ignores anything from twitter if it doesn't tell them what they want, regardless of which account it is
    Generally, some Shinnerbot on Twitter gets quoted as if they are a font of all wisdom rather than a kid in a bedroom.

And that's not constructive. However I really, really hope nobody on here actually believes all that comes from the more "reputable" (:rolleyes:) sources like the Irish Times or RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

McMurphy wrote: »
    The irony.

Here's the Tanaiste, one side of his mouth, opposition party only want gay non white females from non middle class backgrounds.....

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

Few days later, from the other side of his mouth.... Sinn Fein don't want homosexuals, young women and people of mixed race.

They'll have no one left to appeal to by this rate. *shrugs*

Leo isnt being hypocritical. The point Leo is making, although badly, is that its not pitting groups against each other. The Left are so foucused on marginalised groups they can at times exclude people. That should be the normal view.

Leo isnt being hypocritical. The point Leo is making, although badly, is that its not pitting groups against each other. The Left are so foucused on marginalised groups they can at times exclude people. That should be the normal view.

No, he's saying "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’".
    Race baiting and the opposite of your take.

Yer wan made a balls of attacking yer man over his 'privilege', made a show of herself. He called her on it.....
    Then LV had to have a go and made a complete balls of it. He behaved like a heckler in a school yard. He's missing a key ingredient for making smart alecky remarks.

• Advertisement

The girl in the hotel in Vietnam on CB last night had no contact with staff at all. The leader of the hotel group on the show saw no problem with it in the proper hotels here, he seemed to think there were enough of, also. It's a smokescreen.

I am sure he was delighted to think his hotel beds would fill up at the direction of the taxpayer (and ultimately their expense).

Little concern for his workers who would be exposed to these "Covid-infested" travellers as one of your comrades referred to them recently.

That is a reasonable explanation of his views, consistent with everything else he says.
    No, he's saying "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’".
    Race baiting and the opposite of your take.

Yer wan made a balls of attacking yer man over his 'privilege', made a show of herself. He called her on it.....
    Then LV had to have a go and made a complete balls of it. He behaved like a heckler in a school yard. He's missing a key ingredient for making smart alecky remarks.

That is just silly nonsense. We all know Leo didn't mean it the way your protrayed it.

That is a reasonable explanation of his views, consistent with everything else he says.

That is just silly nonsense. We all know Leo didn't mean it the way your protrayed it.

He didn't mean, "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’"?

He's literally saying SF don't like middle class white males. That's the race baiting nonsense here.

I am sure he was delighted to think his hotel beds would fill up at the direction of the taxpayer (and ultimately their expense).

Little concern for his workers who would be exposed to these "Covid-infested" travellers as one of your comrades referred to them recently.

Well he wasn't coming across as somebody out to make a buck.

And had you listened to the girl in quarantine in Vietnam you would have heard her say she had little to no contact with staff at all. Not hard to imagine how it would work if you have ever stayed in a hotel.

You are inventing obstacles again.

He didn't mean, "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’"?

He's literally saying SF don't like middle class white males. That's the race baiting nonsense here.

You are putting a spin on it to suit an agenda, plain as day.

Leo has got inside your head, and you can't see clearly. What would be scary is if you genuinely believed what you are posting.

Well he wasn't coming across as somebody out to make a buck.

And had you listened to the girl in quarantine in Vietnam you would have heard her say she had little to no contact with staff at all. Not hard to imagine how it would work if you have ever stayed in a hotel.

You are inventing obstacles again.

The best car salesmen come across as somebody doing the customer a favour, so I am not a bit surprised at that.

As for hotels in Vietnam, that is a world of difference away from Ireland.

The best car salesmen come across as somebody doing the customer a favour, so I am not a bit surprised at that.

As for hotels in Vietnam, that is a world of difference away from Ireland.

He made perfect sense, plenty of hotel beds to implement this.

There is also the fact that the 900 euros the girl had to pay in Vietnam would be a huge inhibitor for those insisting on coming to the country. Win win.

Leo has got inside your head, and you can't see clearly. What would be scary is if you genuinely believed what you are posting.

Don't worry about me, he said, "If you are white, male or even worse middle-class, Sinn Féin doesn’t want you. So much for an ‘Ireland of equals’".

He's using race and class to try get a dig in. It's quite plain.

What did he mean,when said shinners dont like white,middle class males?

220px-Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf.png

What you're reading, seeing and hearing isn't really happening folks.

• Advertisement

Mandatory hotel stays seem to be cool now. TBF it must be tough fighting tooth and nail to defend lads who flip flop so much.
    Far easier to form your own opinions and speak to them I find.
    I think its a good move despite the scaremongering. It will go on as long as we feel it's needed, no longer

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryFrancesRyan/status/1354112621876826113

Lads come on here and try convince me twitter is fake to save ffg from critism ,when people i known are listed there

I know people who have died during pandemic. But not from Covid. I’d be furious to see a post like that suggesting that their death was linked to Covid. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I know people who have died during pandemic. But not from Covid. I’d be furious to see a post like that suggesting that their death was linked to Covid. Disgraceful.

Almost 3000 have died Mary. Vent your anger at those ignoring Nphet advice.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Almost 3000 have died Mary. Vent your anger at those ignoring Nphet advice.

I’ve been posting about the importance of personal responsibility from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I’ve been posting about the importance of personal responsibility from the start.

So the govt gets a pass? Not surprised.

I'd say the vast majority of our death toll will include the elderly and vulnerable etc, who contracted the virus in care home facilities and institutions etc.

Your empathy knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How's that going for you?

"lots of people are dropping leaflets". It's like stroppy children.
    I wonder will Eoghan be visiting any pensioners for another photo op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

"lots of people are dropping leaflets". It's like stroppy children.
    I wonder will Eoghan be visiting any pensioners for another photo op?

Doing their bit to end fuel poverty

Advertisement