Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Shocked are you?

How bout now?

Best do some stretching for the upcoming verbal gymnastics.

This says it all about you.

You are trying to spin something a man said about his vulnerability in coming out into something much more sinister, all for political purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

People raised issue with varadkar, you start inferring people were homophobic.
    That kind of carry on takes away from people genuinely fighting for equality.

Read the back the last few hours of the thread and if you can't see the raging homophobia then ask someone to point it out.

People raised issue with varadkar, you start inferring people were homophobic.
    That kind of carry on takes away from people genuinely fighting for equality.

I am not the only one that sees it.
    Read the back the last few hours of the thread and if you can't see the raging homophobia then ask someone to point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

darem93 wrote: »
    I am gay and I would definitely not consider Leo a champion of LGBT rights in the slightest.

As pointed out above, he claimed quite a lot of the glory with gay rights that genuine activists had spent years fighting tooth and nail for. It was the same with abortion rights back in 2018. Leo always does that, he flip flops and seems to only really support something when it looks like the majority of the public agree with him.

This should be the final word on what Leo does and it's effects. Fair play poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Its part of the discussion in which you are included. I'm explaining my issue with you trying to excuse what I described.

Sorry, you will need to spell it out for me here. What have I excused exactly in my posts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    This says it all about you.

You are trying to spin something a man said about his vulnerability in coming out into something much more sinister, all for political purposes.

I merely read what he said. You are the one constantly virtue signalling by using the man's sexuality. Its dishonest, tiresome and boring. I'll leave you to it.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sorry, you will need to spell it out for me here. What have I excused exactly in my posts?

If you don't see it, not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If you don't see it, not to worry.

So you just made up some ****e lie then for no reason. Good man.

Off with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

votecounts wrote: »

Micheál's policy of keeping the head down clawing back a few points.

• Advertisement

Coalition on 50%, ain't going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Good to see independants rise in numbers

It really isn't. Absolutely pointless members of the dáil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Better than the likes of Joesepha Madigan lol.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So you just made up some ****e lie then for no reason. Good man.

Off with you.

What lie?
    You defended a poster hand waving off the south having the worst numbers in the world.

I feel politically they serve a purpose as otherwise local areas would be left behind and adbandoned by larger parties

If the local issues,were being addressed support for indos would drop off and this to me,highlights growing discontent at people being left behind and increasing political awareness of the electorate

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

True that.
    Independents are self interested opportunists, who sell their snake oil to fellow local gombeens who havent the wit to realise that they are doing worse than even just wasting their vote. They are sending a representative to the Dail who will make noise, but has no interest in playing a responsible role in governing the country, and are instead a harmful wasting of a seat, thus skewing the numbers towards and the country almost towards ungovernability.
    There is a strong case to be made for the outlawing of them.

smurgen wrote: »

Yeah i dont necessarily disagree in terms of individuals

But we need strong govt with clear program of govt and independents are to the detriment of that every time.

I feel politically they serve a purpose as otherwise local areas would be left behind and adbandoned by larger parties

If the local issues,were being addressed support for indos would drop off and this to me,highlights growing discontent at people being left behind and increasing political awareness of the electorate

There is something in that tho.

Agreed that independent votes highlight failure of parties locally

No. Voting footsoldiers are an essential part of a functioning parliament. No more that a dozen competent representative are required. What is required of the rest is just to have enough of them to dutifully keep voting for the dozen. Madigans and the like, are well up to just pressing a button.

• Advertisement

What lie?
    You defended a poster hand waving off the south having the worst numbers in the world.

The South doesn't have the worst numbers in the world. Produce the statistics for the last year and show me different.

This type of lying is fake news bullsh!t. A day or two of very high numbers does not mean we are the worst in the world over a year.

Every country will have been high, depending on when various variants hit their shores. Our proximity to the UK, and our border with Northern Ireland meant we got hit with the UK variant very quickly which pushed us right up. However, once again, our government has got control of the situation, we are already below the countries to the east and north of us, even though they got a headstart with Boris robbing vaccines.

No. Voting footsoldiers are an essential part of a functioning parliament. No more that a dozen competent representative are required. What is required of the rest is just to have enough of them to dutifully keep voting for the dozen. Madigans and the like, are well up to just pressing a button.

As TDs in parties go, Josepha is a long way from being the maddest TD in the Dail. There are quite a few anti-vaxxer 9/11 conspiracy theorists to get through before reaching her.

It is remarkable that Fine Gael have gone from 3rd to 1st in less than a year since the general election.

Who would have thought that Leo would be so popular?

I see the loyalists with murals have joined the Shinnerbots on Twitter in denouncing him.

It is remarkable that Fine Gael have gone from 3rd to 1st in less than a year since the general election.

Who would have thought that Leo would be so popular?

I see the loyalists with murals have joined the Shinnerbots on Twitter in denouncing him.

While adequate, a rather featureless MM, with Co-Taoise LV so close and too often a contrast, the unprecedented cases of an FF/FG coalition and the outgoing Taoiseach still in govt, and LV fundamentally better than MM even if not by much, all conspire to make LV look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Interesting turn of events on the vaccine from the UK. Looks like FG are again playing politics with people's lives and health. Neale Richmond with a toe curling comment in the final paragraph.

https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1355641039848136714?s=19

The South doesn't have the worst numbers in the world. Produce the statistics for the last year and show me different.

This type of lying is fake news bullsh!t. A day or two of very high numbers does not mean we are the worst in the world over a year.

Every country will have been high, depending on when various variants hit their shores. Our proximity to the UK, and our border with Northern Ireland meant we got hit with the UK variant very quickly which pushed us right up. However, once again, our government has got control of the situation, we are already below the countries to the east and north of us, even though they got a headstart with Boris robbing vaccines.

Switch 'been high' for 'worst in the world'. You'd still be wrong but honest in regards to Ireland.
    You really are coming off Trump like with this comment. 'Fake news', lying to cover facts etc.

See you accuse me of lying because you want to spin it.
    Then you spin it and try make it about 'been high' and not the worst 'over a year' and if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle etc. etc. Its dishonest blarney.

And none of that takes away from you using covid and people dying to try score points on an anonymous chat forum.

While adequate, a rather featureless MM, with Co-Taoise LV so close and too often a contrast, the unprecedented cases of an FF/FG coalition and the outgoing Taoiseach still in govt, and LV fundamentally better than MM even if not by much, all conspire to make LV look good.

Apart from quoting mean girls when talking about covid, lying and passing a confidential document to a pal, yeah looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Leo Varadkar stated that his sexuality was why he was against equality for the gay community.

Come again?

No, this is not what he said....

Surprise surprise, here we are talking about Leo....again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Interesting turn of events on the vaccine from the UK. Looks like FG are again playing politics with people's lives and health. Neale Richmond with a toe curling comment in the final paragraph.

Oh, we are quoting the Mail on Sunday now, to make some point against FG?
    What exactly was wrong with Neale Richmonds, quote.
    It was a 'Thanks but we will be OK'

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Come again?

No, this is not what he said....

Surprise surprise, here we are talking about Leo....again. :rolleyes:

This is what he said:
    "The Tánaiste admitted to being judgemental of other people before coming out, saying he probably held “conservative social views, almost as a reaction to the fact that, if I have to suppress who I am, then why shouldn’t other people - you know?"

If he couldn't, nobody should. Like a bratty child.

Literally a Fine Gael thread.

Advertisement