Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    Come again?

No, this is not what he said....

Surprise surprise, here we are talking about Leo....again. :rolleyes:

Talking about Leo?

In a thread about Fine Gael???

What has this site come to? Next thing you know someone's gonna open a thread on Disney products and some jackass will start posting stuff about Mickey Mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What lie?
    You defended a poster hand waving off the south having the worst numbers in the world.

Where did I do that? Quote me. Either you are engaging in blatant lying or have confused me for someone else. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of it being the latter once you apologise.

To quote the person I was having a discussion with, before you came in with accusations:
    McMurphy wrote: »
    You're long enough here to know that posting unsubstantiated BS won't be let fly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Where did I do that? Quote me. Either you are engaging in blatant lying or have confused me for someone else. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of it being the latter once you apologise.

To quote the person I was having a discussion with, before you came in with accusations:

You disagree. So disagree. Don't play dumb to drag it out.
    Your 'both are correct' post regarding Ireland both having the worst numbers in the world and not being the worst. IMO was you defending the stance of a covid denial for political gain poster.
    Thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Simon Harris doing the worried little elf act on twitter again. He's working on that sort and cuddle image big time. Wonder if he uses the communications clinic?

smurgen wrote: »
    Simon Harris doing the worried little elf act on twitter again. He's working on that sort and cuddle image big time. Wonder if he uses the communications clinic?

They've all Social Media advisers. Its very dishonest. How much is scripted and planned? You'd miss Kenny and his fantastical stories.

• Advertisement

They've all Social Media advisers. Its very dishonest. How much is scripted and planned? You'd miss Kenny and his fantastical stories.

There's a sense of trying to make celebrities or reality personalities out of them alright. The money FG must be spending on twitter both for videos and adverts is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

By not putting clear water between FG and Prone it proves they are one and the same,

There's a sense of trying to make celebrities or reality personalities out of them alright. The money FG must be spending on twitter both for videos and adverts is unreal.

Likely you and I are spending on it. Josepha has a social media guru on salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shinners have lads who spend all day and all night here..... for nothing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

They've all Social Media advisers. Its very dishonest. How much is scripted and planned?

All is scripted if they are doing their job well.
    The public oblige them to do it. With a senseless pouncing on every slightly off key word, people have muzzled politicians, and forced them to acquire the skill of uttering words while ensuring they are saying nothing. The real skill of politics today is communication, or rather, giving the impression of being an open and good communicator, while ensuring that no actual message is conveyed. People upset at this state of affairs have only themselves to blame.

• Advertisement

13k posts and no irony

You disagree. So disagree. Don't play dumb to drag it out.
    Your 'both are correct' post regarding Ireland both having the worst numbers in the world and not being the worst. IMO was you defending the stance of a covid denial for political gain poster.
    Thats it.

Only person playing dumb here is you, my friend. Seeking out an argument by being needlessly passive aggressive for some odd reason.

Perfectly logical for both claims as presented by McMurphy to be correct. One is looking at a 14 day incidence rate (where the South of the Island was higher) and the other referred to the rate on an overall basis in the totality of the pandemic (Where the North is higher). Plenty of discussions regarding rates in the Covid forum for anyone interested in those.

I don't even know who "Poster 1" and "Poster 2" are in McMurphys post, as for some reason he decided not to actually quote posters. I am not a frequent reader of this forum so I can't keep abreast of all discussions that happen on here. So to claim I am defending either of those posters, when I don't even know who the feck said either of them, is just you reaching for an argument when there is no need.

Myself and McMurphy agreed to disagree amicably and moved on. I suggest you apologise for your blatant lies and do the same.

Seen you posting about SF at 6 am last week. Is that for free?

Only person playing dumb here is you, my friend. Seeking out an argument by being needlessly passive aggressive for some odd reason.

Perfectly logical for both claims as presented by McMurphy to be correct. One is looking at a 14 day incidence rate (where the South of the Island was higher) and the other referred to the rate on an overall basis in the totality of the pandemic (Where the North is higher). Plenty of discussions regarding rates in the Covid forum for anyone interested in those.

I don't even know who "Poster 1" and "Poster 2" are in McMurphys post, as for some reason he decided not to actually quote posters. I am not a frequent reader of this forum so I can't keep abreast of all discussions that happen on here. So to claim I am defending either of those posters, when I don't even know who the feck said either of them, is just you reaching for an argument when there is no need.

Myself and McMurphy agreed to disagree amicably and moved on. I suggest you apologise for your blatant lies and do the same.

Boss, a poster suggested having the worst numbers in the world wasn't really having the worst in the world. You supported that. I remarked on it. Thats it.
    If you didn't read the posts leading up to it or after it I understand and accept your confusion.
    Maybe it wasn't wise to chime in?

They need sacking. Her social media is cringe worthy. Plaster her face all over images of things she has zero input in.

They need sacking. Her social media is cringe worthy. Plaster her face all over images of things she has zero input in.

Think she's trying for the Charlie Haughley Tour de France win or when Chris de Burgh was crowned Miss World, neither happened but both managed to get more coverage than the actual participant

Boss, a poster suggested having the worst numbers in the world wasn't really having the worst in the world. You supported that. I remarked on it. Thats it.
    If you didn't read the posts leading up to it or after it I understand and accept your confusion.
    Maybe it wasn't wise to chime in?

Absolutely not what happened. Rather than keeping digging you should probably just stop and apologise for blatant lies. You will feel all the better for it and probably earn some respect.

Absolutely not what happened. Rather than keeping digging you should probably just stop and apologise for blatant lies. You will feel all the better for it and probably earn some respect.

Thats how 'both are correct' read to me. One was suggesting worst in the world wasn't really worst in the world. So if both weren't correct, fair enough.
    You said both were correct did you not? Thats all I'm saying. No lie in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Seen you posting about SF at 6 am last week. Is that for free?

Just a point, most people with a job get up at 6, I do. Even with the kids off school we keep them in same routine so when they get back to school it's not a big change. Not sure why you would think it is strange to post at 6, I muse over the news on phone myself at 6 over breakfast

Thats how 'both are correct' read to me. Obe was suggesting worst in the world wasn't really worst in the world. So if both weren't correct, fair enough.
    You said both were correct did you not?

Which one of the Poster 1 and Poster 2 quotes in McMurphys post which I responded to suggests this?

The quotes as presented by McMurphy are both factually correct. If he incorrectly quoted the original conversation then fair enough, but that's not my issue. I only commented on them as presented by McMurphy.

One refers to the 14 day incident rate and the other to the general rate (ie over the full pandemic). The South was worse in one and the North worse in the other. Both correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you know the scene in Father Ted where he is trying to explain to Fr. Dougal the difference between small and far away? Your efforts here to explain this keep reminding me of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Switch 'been high' for 'worst in the world'. You'd still be wrong but honest in regards to Ireland.
    You really are coming off Trump like with this comment. 'Fake news', lying to cover facts etc.

See you accuse me of lying because you want to spin it.
    Then you spin it and try make it about 'been high' and not the worst 'over a year' and if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle etc. etc. Its dishonest blarney.

And none of that takes away from you using covid and people dying to try score points on an anonymous chat forum.

The bit that you don't understand is that being the worst in the world for a week means zilch in the overall scheme of things. The only thing that counts is the overall progress over the course of the pandemic and how you manage to balance public health, societal well-being and economic progress.

So far, across the whole, our government has been right up there among the best in Western Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    The bit that you don't understand is that being the worst in the world for a week means zilch in the overall scheme of things. The only thing that counts is the overall progress over the course of the pandemic and how you manage to balance public health, societal well-being and economic progress.

So far, across the whole, our government has been right up there among the best in Western Europe.

It's not and never should be a macabre competition. Those who have died and lost loved ones would disagree with you and care less where we come in your pointless league.

Do you know the scene in Father Ted where he is trying to explain to Fr. Dougal the difference between small and far away? Your efforts here to explain this keep reminding me of it.

Don't be so rude I think he's just disagreeing with my take on what he said.

I said we had worst in the world. You said that was fake news and lies.
    You then tried to spin it about 'over a year'. I never said over a year.
    You use covid numbers to try score political points. When you're shown we had the worst in the world you accuse people of making it up.
    Its dishonest blanch.

Just a point, most people with a job get up at 6, I do. Even with the kids off school we keep them in same routine so when they get back to school it's not a big change. Not sure why you would think it is strange to post at 6, I muse over the news on phone myself at 6 over breakfast

The poster I was directing it at was the one that was commenting on posters habits. I pointed out his strange habit.

Think she's trying for the Charlie Haughley Tour de France win or when Chris de Burgh was crowned Miss World, neither happened but both managed to get more coverage than the actual participant

She's a joke. And extremely unpopular with those she's meant to represent. She's also very careless in how she articulates herself. Three major gaffes last week. She must be delighted the heat was off her this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Talking about Leo?

In a thread about Fine Gael???

What has this site come to? Next thing you know someone's gonna open a thread on Disney products and some jackass will start posting stuff about Mickey Mouse.

Well its hard to keep count, we talk about Leo in this thread, in the SF thread, in the government thread and beyond, with the same stuff rehashed again and again and again....

The same 4-5 points keep getting brought up, there is nothing new here, other than the fact that with each passing iteration of the same old stuff getting brought up, is more of a confirmation to me, that people are obsessed with him and for the wrong nefarious unconscious reasons, but go ahead, prove me wrong... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh, they will get great traction from that little bit...

I can see it now, in 5 years time, the same poster banging on about it..
    "Remember that week, 5 years ago... when we had all those covid cases and we were the worst in the world.... ya remember that..... yea, that proves that FG is vile/scum/blah/blah..."

And the same half dozen amigos thanking that post....

:D

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh, they will get great traction from that little bit...

I can see it now, in 5 years time, the same poster banging on about it..
    "Remember that week, 5 years ago... when we had all those covid cases and we were the worst in the world.... ya remember that..... yea, that proves that FG is vile/scum/blah/blah..."

And the same half dozen amigos thanking that post....

:D

If you're happy that the government messed up and lost control of the situation that's fine but to expect others to be happy with that is ridiculous. Really really weird infact that someone would be happy with gross negligence. Bizarre infact.

Advertisement