Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

smurgen wrote: »
    Interesting turn of events on the vaccine from the UK. Looks like FG are again playing politics with people's lives and health. Neale Richmond with a toe curling comment in the final paragraph.

https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1355641039848136714?s=19

Leo and MM would have us in lockdown til 2024 rather than admit that, as anybody with a brain would have known, the UK would thrive outside the EU.

There isn't a hope our lads will show up Brussels by accepting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Leo and MM would have us in lockdown til 2024 rather than admit that, as anybody with a brain would have known, the UK would thrive outside the EU.

Irexit? Em, OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The public health is talking a back seat due to vested interests. They're completely out of excuses now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If you're happy that the government messed up and lost control of the situation that's fine but to expect others to be happy with that is ridiculous. Really really weird infact that someone would be happy with gross negligence. Bizarre infact.

Funny thing is one lad was gleeful about how poorly the north was doing as regards Covid and blaming SF like they call the shots. When it was pointed out that the south had the world's worst numbers at one point, all this derisory crap started.

Even funnier, the DUP called FF/FG out on their bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Leo is nothing but a publicity hound and the sooner he goes on free transfer somewhere the better.

Another way to look at the latest round of bull**** from him re opening in March is so the clambering media will distract us away from the border and airport failures back to six weeks of, are we opening yet, are we opening yet. This would however need you to swallow the premise that the government are not floundering stuffed shirts.

• Advertisement

Leo is nothing but a publicity hound and the sooner he goes on free transfer somewhere the better.

Another way to look at the latest round of bull**** from him re opening in March is so the clambering media will distract us away from the border and airport failures back to six weeks of, are we opening yet, are we opening yet. This would however need you to swallow the premise that the government are not floundering stuffed shirts.

He's using alot of dead cat strategy lately. Making ridiculous comments guaranteed to get a headline to distract from serious topics. I noticed in the week it was revealed he leaked the document to his friend before the health minister had a copy he made lots of outlandish ridiculous comments to give the indo hacks something to cram the papers with. The tactic is transparent at this stage. Very Trumpian really.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Funny thing is one lad was gleeful about how poorly the north was doing as regards Covid and blaming SF like they call the shots. When it was pointed out that the south had the world's worst numbers at one point, all this derisory crap started.

Even funnier, the DUP called FF/FG out on their bull****.

The only poster that thinks having the worst 14-day incidence rate (only one of the many Covid statistics) for less than 1% of the time since the pandemic started is noteworthy or important is you.

That temporary statistical point means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things.

As for the North, they are still doing worse than down here, really sad for them again and for the pitiful government led by the two sectarian parties that they have.

You can also stop the lies and bullish!t, not a single poster ever gleefully noted how poorly the North was doing. That is another one of your lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

He's using alot of dead cat strategy lately. Making ridiculous comments guaranteed to get a headline to distract from serious topics. I noticed in the week it was revealed he leaked the document to his friend before the health minister had a copy he made lots of outlandish ridiculous comments to give the indo hacks something to cram the papers with. The tactic is transparent at this stage. Very Trumpian really.

I see Trump has also got into peoples heads here:)

Trumpian.

Must look that one up, every day is a learning day...

blanch152 wrote: »
    The only poster that thinks having the worst 14-day incidence rate (only one of the many Covid statistics) for less than 1% of the time since the pandemic started is noteworthy or important is you.

That temporary statistical point means absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things.

As for the North, they are still doing worse than down here, really sad for them again and for the pitiful government led by the two sectarian parties that they have.

You can also stop the lies and bullish!t, not a single poster ever gleefully noted how poorly the North was doing. That is another one of your lies.

Nope, once again you were the one raising covid numbers up north to try score points. I pointed out the south had had the worst in the world. You said that was fake news and lies. I provided proof. You then tried to change it to 'over a year' and here you are talking about 'temporary'. The South had the worst numbers in the world. Thats a fact. So a bit rich for you to defend FF/FG/Greens by using the sick and dead covid victims is all. Which you do constantly.

Nope, once again you were the one raising covid numbers up north to try score points. I pointed out the south had had the worst in the world. You said that was fake news and lies. I provided proof. You then tried to change it to 'over a year' and here you are talking about 'temporary'. The South had the worst numbers in the world. Thats a fact. So about rich for you to defend FF/FG/Greens by using the sick and dead covid victims is all.

You said people were being gleeful.

That is a lie. Any poster that raised it expressed concern, worry and/or sadness about the terrible situation up there, nothing gleeful about that.

You are spinning and twisting what others have posted.

• Advertisement

Trumpian.

Not the first time LV has been compared to using Trump tactics. 'SF don't like white middle class males' being a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Trumpian.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/politics/trumpian/

You said people were being gleeful.

That is a lie. Any poster that raised it expressed concern, worry and/or sadness about the terrible situation up there, nothing gleeful about that.

You are spinning and twisting what others have posted.

Sorry, I saw someone use covid victim numbers for poltical point scoring yet again and I called it out.
    You also said the having had 'worst in the world' was a lie then you tried to move the goal posts.

Suckit wrote: »

This is the relevant description from that link :

blustering, narcissistic behavior and a brazen disregard for truth.

Sorry, I saw someone use covid victim numbers for poltical point scoring yet again and I called it out.
    You also said the having had 'worst in the world' was a lie then you tried to move the goal posts.

This thread is full of posters like yourself using covid victim numbers for political point scoring, in fact it is all that some of you post about.

That isn't the point though. You made a vile accusation of posters being gleeful at people dying. That is not only a vile accusation, but a blatant lie. You should do the honest and decent thing and withdraw and apologise.

This thread is full of posters like yourself using covid victim numbers for political point scoring, in fact it is all that some of you post about.

That isn't the point though. You made a vile accusation of posters being gleeful at people dying. That is not only a vile accusation, but a blatant lie. You should do the honest and decent thing and withdraw and apologise.

Like me? You'll find it's people who support the government using the numbers up north time and again.
    Why would someone critical of government constantly talk about how worse it is elsewhere? That makes no sense.
    You and others raise it. This time it was pointed out the south had the worst in the world at one point. You said that was 'fake news' and lies. You were corrected. That's it really, no more to it.

Like me? You'll find it's people who support the government using the numbers up north time and again.
    Why would someone critical of government constantly talk about how worse it is elsewhere? That makes no sense.
    You and others raise it. This time it was pointed out the south had the worst in the world at one point. You said that was 'fake news' and lies. You were corrected. That's it really, no more to it.

You have gone on and on and on and on about this "worst in the world at one point" claim.

I am going to use a soccer analogy to help explain it to you. It is a bit like saying Manchester United were joint bottom (with Sheffield United among others) of the Premier League after Matchday 2 last September. It is technically true but bears no relation to where either team is now or will be at the end of the season.

I called if fake news when posters were saying that we were worst in the world when we weren't, a bit like someone saying today that Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was the worst manager in the world because United are bottom of the league. That was Matchday 2, a one-off situation. Similarly, announcing that we are worst in the world now is fake news, a lie, and using that to have a go at FG, is quite simply political point scoring over people lying dead in hospitals.

As for why would someone critical of government constantly talk about how worse it is elsewhere making no sense, how can you be critical of government without measuring their performance compared to those around them? Without that comparison, it is just whinging for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Y

As for why would someone critical of government constantly talk about how worse it is elsewhere making no sense, how can you be critical of government without measuring their performance compared to those around them? Without that comparison, it is just whinging for the sake of it.

You just assess, 'could they have done better'?

You need to vilify one party in your macabre competition, using victims to score points for your team.

You just assess, 'could they have done better'?

You need to vilify one party in your macabre competition, using victims to score points for your team.

I think Holohan nailed that a few days ago about the could they have done better when he told the Zero Covid lads including SF that was a fantasy.

Of course, you can look back in hindsight and say we could have done this or that better, but the UK variant was what caused the problems in the last six weeks, not the Government decisions. Overall, the pandemic has been handled well by our government who have had to manage a particularly difficult situation with an uncontrollable land border and the busiest international air corridor in the world.

I think Holohan nailed that a few days ago about the could they have done better when he told the Zero Covid lads including SF that was a fantasy.
    Holohan and SF where in agreement - it wasn't possible to be ZeroCovid you mean.
    Of course, you can look back in hindsight and say we could have done this or that better, but the UK variant was what caused the problems in the last six weeks, not the Government decisions. Overall, the pandemic has been handled well by our government who have had to manage a particularly difficult situation with an uncontrollable land border and the busiest international air corridor in the world.

Now you are just plain lying about Variants. There was zero word about variants when the government here decided to ignore restrictions which is why we are where we are.

See, no need there ^ to compare to anywhere else or use victims elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Ya the variants came into the republic in the wind. uncontrollable land border, ffs

Holohan and SF where in agreement - it wasn't possible to be ZeroCovid you mean.

Now you are just plain lying about Variants. There was zero word about variants when the government here decided to ignore restrictions which is why we are where we are.

See, no need there ^ to compare to anywhere else or use victims elsewhere.

Of course there is a need to compare. How else do you determine performance?

Events don't happen in a vaccum, there are inter-relationships with other events, other places, other times. You need to establish the context for measuring performance. In this case, the context is the performance of other countries around us. Through their decisions, they affect us, but also they offer a barometer of performance.

How we compare to the likes of Northern Ireland, rUK, France, Belgium, Spain Germany, Denmark, Sweden, tells us an awful lot about how we have done in managing the Covid crisis.

The way that posters on here go around criticising the government no matter what they do is just plain silly. You have the same posters who were criticising the government for not opening up more last summer who are now saying we opened too fast. To them, it really doesn't matter what the government does, they are wrong.

That is completely the wrong way to look at it. The metrics, examine the metrics. The government had a rough few weeks, but they very quickly got control of the situation again - if they deserve blame for losing control, they deserve more credit for getting hold of it quickly. Our overall deaths per capita remain below those countries listed above with the exception of Denmark the last I checked.

As for Zero Covid, there were many posters on here all in on it, criticising the government, with the usual failure to contextualise.

Of course there is a need to compare. How else do you determine performance?

Events don't happen in a vaccum, there are inter-relationships with other events, other places, other times. You need to establish the context for measuring performance. In this case, the context is the performance of other countries around us. Through their decisions, they affect us, but also they offer a barometer of performance.

How we compare to the likes of Northern Ireland, rUK, France, Belgium, Spain Germany, Denmark, Sweden, tells us an awful lot about how we have done in managing the Covid crisis.

The way that posters on here go around criticising the government no matter what they do is just plain silly. You have the same posters who were criticising the government for not opening up more last summer who are now saying we opened too fast. To them, it really doesn't matter what the government does, they are wrong.

That is completely the wrong way to look at it. The metrics, examine the metrics. The government had a rough few weeks, but they very quickly got control of the situation again - if they deserve blame for losing control, they deserve more credit for getting hold of it quickly. Our overall deaths per capita remain below those countries listed above with the exception of Denmark the last I checked.

As for Zero Covid, there were many posters on here all in on it, criticising the government, with the usual failure to contextualise.

Perfectly credible to examine performance on it's own cause and effect.

You are using victims, primarily those in NI to defend the government.

You have gone on and on and on and on about this "worst in the world at one point" claim.

I am going to use a soccer analogy to help explain it to you. It is a bit like saying Manchester United were joint bottom (with Sheffield United among others) of the Premier League after Matchday 2 last September. It is technically true but bears no relation to where either team is now or will be at the end of the season.

I called if fake news when posters were saying that we were worst in the world when we weren't, a bit like someone saying today that Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was the worst manager in the world because United are bottom of the league. That was Matchday 2, a one-off situation. Similarly, announcing that we are worst in the world now is fake news, a lie, and using that to have a go at FG, is quite simply political point scoring over people lying dead in hospitals.

No I haven't. I mentioned it once to correct the spin. You said I was lying and off we went on another magical mystery tour.
    Again, you posted on the north being bad for Covid rates. You raised it to score political points. You do it regularly.
    It was pointed out that the south had had the worst in the world. You said that was a lie. You were corrected.
    If you didn't raise covid rates elsewhere to deflect for FF/FG/Greens we could discuss the situation in the south rather than playing top trumps.

TBH, I only heard about 'zero covid' for the first time when yourself and fellow travelers start saying it wasn't possible.

Maybe Neale and Madigan have the same twitter account manager. Addicted to photo shopping their faces wherever possible! This one is bizarre.

https://twitter.com/nealerichmond/status/1356361759884509184?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maybe Neale and Madigan have the same twitter account manager. Addicted to photo shopping their faces wherever possible! This one is bizarre.

https://twitter.com/nealerichmond/status/1356361759884509184?s=19

What the actual fcuk is going on with that tweet anyway, like why would anyone want to super impose their head onto a photo with Daniel Kinihan as if he was entering some doppelganger competition as the worst entry possible?

Some of the replies are deadly though :D

https://twitter.com/Liminal_Logic/status/1356529204540690432?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

What platform am I on here....... Twitter or Boards or what.

Another can of Karpackie there Missus ...I’m getting fade out here..

I have good odds that the accounts responding to this tweet with "some of the replies are deadly" are the exact same people mentioned yesterday when it was said "literally hundreds of accounts taking the piss out of him"
    All dummy accounts, a lot of Irish flags in photo with description of "Republican" and the odd "trycolour" mixed in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I have good odds that the accounts responding to this tweet with "some of the replies are deadly" are the exact same people mentioned yesterday when it was said "literally hundreds of accounts taking the piss out of him"
    All dummy accounts, a lot of Irish flags in photo with description of "Republican" and the odd "trycolour" mixed in :p

I wouldn’t worry Crazy, I reckon myself, this lockdown has upped the anti in the ‘ botsphere’ and have worn out the keypads ,and some have unloaded big time with pent up vitriol.

Also there are the school goers blowing off steam in the general direction of authority and blaming the ‘Gubbermint’ for the situation we are in.

So expect plenty more of that CrAzy, be a bumpy ride.

• Advertisement

So someone besmirching the shamrock, an emblem of our country, by comparing it to salad is upsetting to you, but people using our flag or being Republican in our republic are to be ridiculed? Seems hypocritical and like your nationalistic tendencies are opportunistic rather than genuine.
    You spelled 'Tricolour' wrong by the way. You wouldn't have done that for a cheap dig would you?

Advertisement