Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Practice Net

Options
  • 11-08-2020 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I am planning on setting up a practice net in the garage for the winter. I'm sure plenty of people bought golf nets in the last few months. I am looking for some recommendations. Some thing nice and strong it will be staying up all winter.
    Also anyone bought any good mats? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

You have 30K handy to live the dream?

home-golf-simulator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I got myself one of these for the garden;

https://www.forbgolf.co.uk/forb-portable-garden-golf-net-7ft-x-7ft

I find it excellent and it could be used indoor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

SuprSi wrote: »
    I got myself one of these for the garden;

https://www.forbgolf.co.uk/forb-portable-garden-golf-net-7ft-x-7ft

I find it excellent and it could be used indoor too.

I have this, have put a hole in it from lockdown practice haha ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rippeditup wrote: »
    I have this, have put a hole in it from lockdown practice haha ..

Was just about to pull the trigger until I read this, was that after only a few months?

How is the height of it? At 7ft I was a bit concerned you might need a little bit more than that.

PARlance wrote: »
    Was just about to pull the trigger until I read this, was that after only a few months?

How is the height of it? At 7ft I was a bit concerned you might need a little bit more than that.

It is perfect height and very mobile.. I used it a lot but wouldn't have expected a hole, I have manually mended it but the net could be a lot stronger..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

A hole after such a short time would be a major red flag for me... Sure it didn't even get through a winter!

GreeBo wrote: »
    A hole after such a short time would be a major red flag for me... Sure it didn't even get through a winter!

I have it a while but only got really intense work over lockdown... Was using it really only to mess previously as wasn't playing golf much only really using it a s a get away from the kids last summer and before lockdown as I was getting some lessons to get myself back golfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've been using it a lot in the last 2 months, probably every 2nd/3rd day, always with the driver and the only bit of wear in it is the fabric covering the metal bar along the bottom when I've topped (multiple!) drives, which has a small tear in it (which has no impact on its functionality). Outside of that, I've had no issues with the net.

Advertisement