Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Freezer plugged into an extension cable

Options
  • 11-08-2020 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if its safe to plug a fridge freezer into an extension cable?
    All the fridges i've been looking at come with a 1.5 or 2 meter cable while my socket is about 3m away.
    I looked at the user manuals and they say not to use extensions, I googled it and seem to have mixed answers.
    Does anyone here know if its safe?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

It’s not ideal as extension leads aren’t intended for permanent use but, it’s not going to overload it either. Fridges don’t draw that much power.

I would recommend if you’ve a permanently connected appliance you get a proper socket fitted near by.

Manuals always recommend against using trailing sockets / extension leads as a general advisory note.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

Would something like this do the job or would i need something else? https://powercity.ie/product/2220PM

Advertisement