Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD for cancer sufferers

Options
  • 11-08-2020 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

This maybe a thread already but I haven't seen it but here goes:

My mother has been diagnosed with cancer in you lungs, travelled to her lymph nodes and now bones.

She's in dreadful pain and has been asking about the CPD oil.

Problem is there are so many versions out there, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

What should I be looking for? Are there a lot of rip off versions.

Don't want to spend a fortune on stuff that is no use?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

I have a feeling that most of the over the counter stuff on the market is not particularly effective. I would recommend asking her consultant about what her options are and that's the best route to go. Very sorry to hear about your mother for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

First of all I hope she finds a medicine that will help her pain.
    She should see her GP about pain relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

As far as I was aware it helps with nausea if you're having chemotherapy and it can help with arthritis type pain as well(inflammation).

I have a few friends that swear by the stuff. Not sure how effective it would be with intense pain, perhaps something stronger is needed. Did the doctor recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Hi All,

This maybe a thread already but I haven't seen it but here goes:

My mother has been diagnosed with cancer in you lungs, travelled to her lymph nodes and now bones.

She's in dreadful pain and has been asking about the CPD oil.

Problem is there are so many versions out there, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

What should I be looking for? Are there a lot of rip off versions.

Don't want to spend a fortune on stuff that is no use?

Thanks in advance.

Studies on CBD / THC have shown it to be pretty useless for pain. I'd be wary of any so called complimentary treatments tend to have a negative effect overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: OP, other than being in the wrong forum, medical advice isn't permitted on boards. I wish your mother the best in her treatment, but I must close the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement