Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another ridiculous card from Mod who is targeting me

Options
  • 11-08-2020 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received yet another card from Beasty for posting this;

When lockdown doesn't work you need more lockdown

Anyone who's canceled plans to travel out of the Kildare, Offaly or Laois needs their heads examined IMO.

The Guards don't even have any power to stop you traveling - which must be a huge disappointment to the lockdown-merchants who would love to live in a North Korea style police-state.

Apparently according to his PM, this was carded as "encouraging people to ignore them (the restrictions) is inflammatory"

A small sample of the posts on the same thread within a few pages of mine are posted below - all encouraging people to ignore the restrictions and none of these were carded.

It's ridiculous and actually sad people are listening to this advice

Would you not have chanced it?

Absolutely no chance I would have cancelled it.

go to Italy, still good deals to be had.

It's quite obvious for a while now that he's applying wholly different standards to my posts than to others, which is inherently unfair.

The reasoning he has give for carding me is completely ridiculous - Indeed it suggests that any questioning of government policy is to be banned - what a dangerous proposition!

Yes -I have tried to get this card rescinded through PM's - Obviously he will not listen to reason - this is far from the first time he has targeted me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Facehugger99,

I'll have a look into this for you tomorrow.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Facehugger99,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.
    When lockdown doesn't work you need more lockdown

Anyone who's canceled plans to travel out of the Kildare, Offaly or Laois needs their heads examined IMO.

The Guards don't even have any power to stop you traveling - which must be a huge disappointment to the lockdown-merchants who would love to live in a North Korea style police-state.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with the rationale of the mod who banned you on the thread. The second two sentences of your post carry a clear, albeit implicit encouragement for people to breach the lockdown rules. Saying that anyone cancelling travel plans and that the Gardaí lack the requisite power to enforce the lockdown restrictions constitutes clear support of rule-breaking in my opinion. If you disagree with lockdown, that's fine. It's not fine however to encourage people to flout regulations that governments all over the world have implemented for public safety during this pandemic.

In addition, I think that describing anyone who supports the lockdown as a public safety measure as people longing for a North Korean-style police state constitutes trolling.

I also read the PM's between yourself and the mod. You immediately accused the mod of bias rather than attempting to understand the reason for the yellow card and attempting to reach an agreement.

For these reasons, I think that the card should stand. This was your second yellow card in two months in the Coronavirus forum. Frankly, an infraction would not have been reasonable. As things stand, you are welcome to continue posting on the thread and the forum but I would encourage you to rethink your posting style should you wish to do so.

If you would like to appeal for admin review, let me know and I will flag this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If you think the post warranted a yellow - why are the dozens of other posts on the same thread, expressing similar sentiments not carded?

I already know the answer to that question BTW - so do you but I'm sure you'll have some great reason to skate around giving a straight-answer to it.

If you think the post warranted a yellow - why are the dozens of other posts on the same thread, expressing similar sentiments not carded?

I already know the answer to that question BTW - so do you but I'm sure you'll have some great reason to skate around giving a straight-answer to it.

These forums are very busy and the mods depend very heavily on users reporting objectionable posts. It helps immensely if people report them as it's not fair to expect volunteers to screen every post.

This thread is solely for addressing your warning so let's stick to that, please. If you would like an admin to review, please let me know.

These forums are very busy and the mods depend very heavily on users reporting objectionable posts. It helps immensely if people report them as it's not fair to expect volunteers to screen every post.

This thread is solely for addressing your warning so let's stick to that, please. If you would like an admin to review, please let me know.

But, but, but you seemed very concerned that "It's not fine however to encourage people to flout regulations that governments all over the world have implemented for public safety during this pandemic".

I've posted examples of this happening all over the thread and you shrug your shoulders.

Perhaps you're only concerned about this matter when you're backing a Mod that targeted my post among the dozens of similar ones?

I know how much of a joke the DRP process is but hopefully other users can see the clear biases on display.

• Advertisement

But, but, but you seemed very concerned that "It's not fine however to encourage people to flout regulations that governments all over the world have implemented for public safety during this pandemic".

I've posted examples of this happening all over the thread and you shrug your shoulders.

Perhaps you're only concerned about this matter when you're backing a Mod that targeted my post among the dozens of similar ones?

I know how much of a joke the DRP process is but hopefully other users can see the clear biases on display.

This thread is solely for discussing your warning.

Would you like an admin review?

This thread is solely for discussing your warning.

But you said

Saying that anyone cancelling travel plans and that the Gardaí lack the requisite power to enforce the lockdown restrictions constitutes clear support of rule-breaking in my opinion. If you disagree with lockdown, that's fine. It's not fine however to encourage people to flout regulations that governments all over the world have implemented for public safety during this pandemic.

How come you suddenly don't care about this?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You have been offered an admin review twice now and have not taken it up. Unless you indicate that you wish to proceed with having an admin review this, then there is nothing further to be discussed.

You have been offered an admin review twice now and have not taken it up. Unless you indicate that you wish to proceed with having an admin review this, then there is nothing further to be discussed.

Honestly, I thought given how concerned you were about posters encouraging people to ignore the lockdown, you'd want to be alerted to how regularly it's occuring.

That other Mod wrote a whole paragraph of waffle about what a big deal it was and how it should be carded. That's two Mods who consider it a carding offence. I presume you feel the same.

Ye should be thanking me for drawing your attention to what's going on in that thread. I presume you lads will be all over it brandishing cards like confetti. I've just had a look in the thread and it's happening again this morning!

Best of luck to ye and no I don't need an Admin to take part in this sham. Ye've embarrassed yourselves enough at this stage.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Since admin input is not being requested, that concludes the process as per the flow chart so this thread is marked resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement