Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulch blade

Options
  • 11-08-2020 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭

Can I mulch blade be put on a none mulching lawnmower

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

cena wrote: »
    Can I mulch blade be put on a none mulching lawnmower

It can but you may find that you need to fit a mulching plug to allow the clippings to be cut into mulch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It can but you may find that you need to fit a mulching plug to allow the clippings to be cut into mulch.

What would you recommend for the viking 248.3t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone have a recommendation?

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I doubt you can mulch with that unfortunately. You'll usually find that if you lift the flap at the grass outlet, there will be a couple of slots/holes in the plastic around the outlet that accept a mulch plug. Without these slots, nothing can be affixed. Looking on a few websites, Viking sell mowers that have compatible mulching kits, and then other models (including your own) mention nothing about mulching which would lead me to believe it's not compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

If you are anyway handy you can try making your own. I used some plywood scraps and self tapping screws to "plug" the deck on my mower.

It seemed to work OK with regular light cuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement