Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Justice Review for Ireland - deadline 5pm 12th August - have you made an ema

Options
  • 11-08-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

There is a multi agency review of strategy for the different parts of our criminal
    justice system - including the Garda ,DPP, Free Legal Aid Board, Prison & Probation Services “, Forensics Ireland & a few others. One of its aims is to consult to see what the public woild like done to make a safer Ireland. The deadline is 5pm on 12th August.

What would you like changed and have you emailed them to ask that it be implemented?
    The email for submissions is
    criminaljusticestrategyconsultation@justice.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'll get to it as soon as I finish my cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Psychiatric drug treatment and/or lobotomies for the Jimmy The Scumbag types with 100+ convictions. Prisons don’t work or deter criminal behaviour. Any financial penalty imposed doesn’t deter them either. There’s plenty of psychiatric drugs on the market that can be used to control these people’s behaviours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Can the family law courts be made less biased against males. With the very odd exception, any male that goes in there might as well not bother, he hasn't a hope. Incidentally this is a 'safety' issue given of course the disproportionately high male suicide rate in Ireland. One wonders if any research has been done looking into the links between the family law courts and the male suicide rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Can the family law courts be made less biased against males. With the very odd exception, any male that goes in there might as well not bother, he hasn't a hope. Incidentally this is a 'safety' issue given of course the disproportionately high male suicide rate in Ireland. One wonders if any research has been done looking into the links between the family law courts and the male suicide rate.

Why not email and auggest it - very valid points.
    If you’re not in with the suggestions, you’ll never stand a chance. Automatic make bias and gender discrimination...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Roald Dahl

Thank you for this.

I just submitted my tuppence's worth.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Criminal_Justice_System_Strategy_Public_Consultation

There's a survey you can fill out and input fields for submitting comments.

• Advertisement

Roald Dahl wrote: »
    Thank you for this.

I just submitted my tuppence's worth.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Criminal_Justice_System_Strategy_Public_Consultation

There's a survey you can fill out and input fields for submitting comments.

Great!!!Brilliant!!
    I did that 10 question survey too but found it be mostly data gathering -how old are you, do you understand what these organisations do, have you been victim of a crime,what gender are you, etc culminating in the one - what values do you want our justicd system to have... I think the second option on that site of sending in your direct comments by email is far more specific and gives people a chance to really get their points and feelings across but its great thatt you did something and your voice is heard.
    criminaljusticestrategyconsultation@justice.ie

Anybody else put one in?!

Advertisement