Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Net Light Problem

Options
  • 11-08-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Ok so here's my issue that I have with two sets of led net lights, although if I can get one solved then voila the other one is solved as well.

I have LED net lights that could be plugged in and changed settings (constant on, flasing, etc.).

To move the lights I needed to cut the wire in to feed it through a tiny hole and then plug it in, but the problem is when I attached the wires back only half of the LEDs lit up.

BUT - if I swap the two wires coming from plug then the other half of the lights that previously didn't light up now light, and the others don't.

Please bear with me here:

If I connect wire A to wire A and B to B then lights 1-60 even numbers light up.
    If I connect wire A to wire B and B to A then lights 1-60 odd numbers light up.

I cannot understand why both sets of lights just won't light up?!

Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Can you take a photo of the cut ends?

LEDs are polarity dependent - from the sounds of it I'm guessing that the wire you cut isn't a simple two-core cable, but rather two twin core cables, which would make sense from the point of view of it having a flashing module (alternates the on/off state of the 'odd' and 'even' LEDs).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

mike_ie wrote: »
    Can you take a photo of the cut ends?

LEDs are polarity dependent - from the sounds of it I'm guessing that the wire you cut isn't a simple two-core cable, but rather two twin core cables, which would make sense from the point of view of it having a flashing module (alternates the on/off state of the 'odd' and 'even' LEDs).

Can't get a picture right now Mike, but are you saying that instead of it being two cables its actually 4 cables? or something like that?

midg23 wrote: »
    Can't get a picture right now Mike, but are you saying that instead of it being two cables its actually 4 cables? or something like that?

Possibly. Without seeing a photo, I'm speculating somewhat, but it explains the behaviour you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

mike_ie wrote: »
    Possibly. Without seeing a photo, I'm speculating somewhat, but it explains the behaviour you describe.

So connect half of wire A and half of wire B to wire A, and the other halves to wire B?!

Definitely no :)

As I suggested, if you upload a photo of the cut ends, it may be much easier to diagnose the issue.

Have you also tried cycling through the modes on the flashing units? The way these things usually work is that there are two cables going in to the flashing units, and multiple wires coming out. The LED net curtain is split into groups of LEDs (odd/even as you suggested), that can be made to flash alternately, ramp up and down to full brightness and so on. It's also possible that you damaged the flashing unit somehow, or it's stuck in a particular mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement