Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloning system drive to m2 ssd

Options
  • 11-08-2020 11:26pm

Good evening folks..

I've just bought an m2 ssd as I've just become aware of them and one will fit in my motherboard..

Should be a good bit faster, it's used for audio mainly..

Will I be able to just drop it in and clone the C drive that's there at the minute yeah?..
    I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain..

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

CQD wrote: »
    Will I be able to just drop it in and clone the C drive that's there at the minute yeah?..
    Providing you have right tools to clone, should be just few clicks, if its SSD to m.2 it should be fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Download Arconis and use the clone feature on that. Done this very thing just yesterday. Nice upgrade speed wise especially if coming from a spinning drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I prefer Macrium Reflect

a good guide is here on how to clone.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clone-your-pcs-hard-drive-macrium-reflect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Yes you can clone it over. I did it and it worked fine. But I didn't have am M2 slot on my motherboard, i used a M2 to PCIE adapter card. Works fine.

Advertisement