Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun safe won't open

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

I have a lock and key here.. Gimme a ring on 0857484599.. I had the very same problem as you.... I think I know what the problem is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

philog wrote: »
    I have a lock and key here.. Gimme a ring on 0857484599.. I had the very same problem as you.... I think I know what the problem is...

Cheers Philog. Any details on what you think has gone wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

Heckler wrote: »
    Cheers Philog. Any details on what you think has gone wrong ?

If it's a hollow key.. You need to completely clean it out with a needle and then blow it out with an air hose.. You might think its clean but it may not be.. The key may not be going in the full way onto the spigot.. Even a millimetre will prevent it from opening.. You could be very surprised.. That was problem with mine.. The key got small particles of dirt up in it from being in my pocket.. Anyway I rang brattonsound in England and they sent me a new lock and 2 keys.. Great people to deal with.. So now I have the old lock which is perfect.. But only one key with it.. Its here if you want it.. Its working as smooth as silk.. Gimme a bell if you want it and I'll send it on to you... Its very easy to fit.. Only 2 bolts.. Hope you get sorted..

philog wrote: »
    If it's a hollow key.. You need to completely clean it out with a needle and then blow it out with an air hose.. You might think its clean but it may not be.. The key may not be going in the full way onto the spigot.. Even a millimetre will prevent it from opening.. You could be very surprised.. That was problem with mine.. The key got small particles of dirt up in it from being in my pocket.. Anyway I rang brattonsound in England and they sent me a new lock and 2 keys.. Great people to deal with.. So now I have the old lock which is perfect.. But only one key with it.. Its here if you want it.. Its working as smooth as silk.. Gimme a bell if you want it and I'll send it on to you... Its very easy to fit.. Only 2 bolts.. Hope you get sorted..

Thanks a mil for the offer Philog. Appreciate it. I dropped by a local locksmiths today and handed in the lock, was told they'd have a look but it would be tuesday before I'd have it back. No problem.

I left and got a phone call 20 minutes later. Lock fixed. One of the levers had a problem so he replaced it and job done. 40euros. Delighted to have it sorted.

So a big thanks and recommendation to Adm Security on the Tramore Road in Cork. I found out after that they don't even have a call out charge. Only charge for the work done. After I got a 120euro call out charge quote from a larger, more well known locksmith company before any work is done. I know where my business will be going in future.

Thanks for all the previous help and suggestions fellas. Can't beat ye shooters for lending a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Heckler wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for the offer Philog. Appreciate it. I dropped by a local locksmiths today and handed in the lock, was told they'd have a look but it would be tuesday before I'd have it back. No problem.

I left and got a phone call 20 minutes later. Lock fixed. One of the levers had a problem so he replaced it and job done. 40euros. Delighted to have it sorted.

So a big thanks and recommendation to Adm Security on the Tramore Road in Cork. I found out after that they don't even have a call out charge. Only charge for the work done. After I got a 120euro call out charge quote from a larger, more well known locksmith company before any work is done. I know where my business will be going in future.

Thanks for all the previous help and suggestions fellas. Can't beat ye shooters for lending a hand.

Great result, fair play to ADM and to yourself as well Heckler.

Word of mouth is the best advertising.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Great result, fair play to ADM and to yourself as well Heckler.

Word of mouth is the best advertising.

Yup. Couldn't have asked for a better result. Will refit the lock tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem but if I have any hassle it's good to know these lads are there who can sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 omegaodie

For posterity. WD40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

WD40 is terrible for locks and guns. If you want to lubricate a lock powdered graphite works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

juice1304 wrote: »
    WD40 is terrible for locks and guns. If you want to lubricate a lock powdered graphite works best.

Yes, wd40 is useless for most things. Use proper light oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

WD40 is a most important tool in any rednecks tool kit.
    if it ain't moving and it should.WD40 it!! If it is moving and it aint supposed to.Duct tape it till it stops!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 omegaodie

I don't know nutin bought gun oil, but for locks, joints, bolts, bearings or stiff knees then WD40 is the stuff. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Great ad for WDCJW3OmwW8AABAGe.jpg

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Great ad for WDCJW3OmwW8AABAGe.jpg

Jaysis :D:D i dont think you'd want to take that ad too literally id say itd burn:pac::D

Advertisement