Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Are yous not the least bit concerned,with the lack of physical evidence or that he deosnt fit the eye withness description of the shooter??

The evidence presented, discussed and challenged over 122 days convinced 11 members of the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he was the killer.

Until the time a compelling legal argument can sway a court of appeal, that’s 100% good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Are yous not the least bit concerned,with the lack of physical evidence or that he deosnt fit the eye withness description of the shooter??

Nope, I trust the legal system, the courts, the judge's direction, the jury, the evidence etc. It took people like you a couple of hours to try and get people to think about the verdict, but the trial lasted over 100 days. And there was witness intimidation too. Typical for associates up that neck of the woods.

Why are you so concerned? Do you challenge every murder verdict because of what you perceive is lack of evidence?

There might be an agenda going on here for the Crossmaglen One and his as yet free cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not a bit. Read the case. There's plenty of evidence on which the jury was satisfied. Only problem is that he has already fathered a child. Hope fully the child won't grow up a dirtbird like Daddy.

I think after the jurors read about the scandalous amount witness intimidation that was revealed today, they’ll be even more convinced that they came to the right conclusion. It beggars belief.

It says something for the impartiality of the justice system that this information was kept from them so as not to sway their decision, and the case was tried solely on the totality of the large amount of evidence regarding the events that occurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Nope, I trust the legal system, the courts, the judge's direction, the jury, the evidence etc. It took people like you a couple of hours to try and get people to think about the verdict, but the trial lasted over 100 days. And there was witness intimidation too. Typical for associates up that neck of the woods.

Why are you so concerned? Do you challenge every murder verdict because of what you perceive is lack of evidence?

There might be an agenda going on here for the Crossmaglen One and his as yet free cronies.

What do you think the agenda here is? I think you are being a touch conspiratorial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Work colleague based up that way and who would be on the grape vine up there told me this evening that Aaron Bradys whole family all have a very bad name which is saying something for “bandit country”

Irishman80 wrote: »
    You seem more worried about a post on boards.ie that got the court wrong rather than the absolute ****b-g gang who executed a guard and then had their ****b-g family and ****b-g friends threaten and intimidate witnesses at the trial.

All part of the same brigade - the sh-tbag brigade.

No, I care about somebody that routinely enters discussions and disseminates false information.

Boards.ie is a very large website in Ireland and demonstrable lies must be called out immediately.

Yes i do challenge murder convictions,where there is no evidence

There is simply no physical evidence,he shot that gaurd (and eyewitness testimony to suggest he didnt).....quite why someone pointing this out equates to having an agenda is beyond me

The lack of physical evidence is inconsequential. It may have made the investigation easier and the trial shorter, but to a conviction is not unsound simply because of the lack of it.

And to say that there was no evidence is, yet again, to irrationally dismiss the plain fact that a large amount of evidence was submitted to and argued about during the trial. And that this evidence was regarded by the jury - who actually were present for it all, unlike any of us - to be of sufficient quality and volume to cause them to believe, beyond even a reasonable doubt, that he did it.

JingleJangle69 entered into this discussion with his well known agenda. He tried to carry on his usual shtick and ridicule Sinn Féin but anyone following the case, even at a distance, knew that the case was being heard in the Central Criminal Court.

That is a demonstrable lie. There is no mistaking it.

When you come across such a lie, it must be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

I am not saying he is innocent but in my eyes there is reasonable doubt. He sounds like hes missing a brain cell or two.

Like how could you mistake someone of 5 ft 7 for being at least 6 foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So only those with an in-depth knowledge should question the verdict or else you think they have questionable motives?

A man who is 5cfoot 7 is convicted of a murder when the main witness a Garda and other witnesses describe the shooter as 6 foot tall. The main evidence against him seems to be statements he allegedly made incrimination himself to a man. This man may or may not have made a deal to stay in the US on the back of his statements. You don't have to be an expert to see that the evidence in this case is wafer thin.

You’re too late.
    The trial is over.
    That was all put forward by Brady’s defence already.
    It was a very dark stormy night and the Garda who said that was having a gun pointed at his head. Easy to be mistaken in those circumstances.

They got the right man and everyone around this area of N. Louth and S. Armagh knows it. Not many tears being shed for Brady, believe me. Tramp of the highest order. Now convicted cold blooded murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

xvril wrote: »
    I am not saying he is innocent but in my eyes there is reasonable doubt. He sounds like hes missing a brain cell or two.

A shotgun might make an attacker appear larger in the mind of the person it is being pointed at. Some psychological thing, maybe.

In other words, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That's the minimum he can get.

What's the max? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yes i do challenge murder convictions,where there is no evidence

There is simply no physical evidence,he shot that gaurd (and eyewitness testimony to suggest he didnt).....quite why someone pointing this out equates to having an agenda is beyond me

Your only responsible for your own actions in life,to my view he is not the shooter (or severe doubts lie over it) and thus not responsible for this murder....may be a complete scumbag/lier,but a poor character,deosnt equuate to being a murderer
    At least wait for prime time on rte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

How did Brady think going to America would place him outside the arm of reach from Irish law enforcement. Did he not know about a little thing called extradition treaties?

He should have gone to Russia.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. People see things very differently when they’re in stressful situations, such as having a gun pointed at them after seeing someone else else fatally shot right in front of them.

Concentrating on this one point as read in a newspaper article may convince you that the conviction is unsound. But again, as I keep repeating, you have not had the benefit of hearing the totality of evidence and all the arguments that the jury did.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

How did Brady think going to America would place him outside the arm of reach from Irish law enforcement. Did he not know about a little thing called extradition treaties?

He should have gone to Russia.

He would have been safe enough in America if he could keep his mouth shut.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. People see things very differently when they’re in stressful situations, such as having a gun pointed at them after seeing someone else else fatally shot right in front of them.

Concentrating on this one point as read in a newspaper article may convince you that the conviction is unsound. But again, as I keep repeating, you have not had the benefit of hearing the totality of evidence and all the arguments that the jury did.

That is true, maybe I am missing some key detail.

Mr Cahill's testimony is super sketchy as well. It would make me think he has something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Wonder will there be a push for a kiddies play park to be named in honour of the convicted “man” in his home turf?

His alibi that he was diesel smuggling/ washing/ sludge dumping at the time just about sums up the area tbh.

He sounds a lovely character indeed judging by the reports. A great loss to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That is true, maybe I am missing some key detail.

Mr Cahill's testimony is super sketchy as well. It would make me think he has something to hide.

CT Forum ————————->

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,291 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Delighted with this result...

Now, keep going. This was a team effort. Go get the others and put them down!!!

CT Forum ————————->

Supporting dissident republicans and being pictured with a murderer are not too traits I would find good in a witness. And his strange situation in the US.

The thing about telling Garda in New York must have been a lie as well.

CT Forum ————————->

There is odd goings on with Cahill and immigration

Can’t wait til suspect B is reeled in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Interestingly there is a lot of hints here that he is connected to the Sinn Fein /IRA good republican / very nice man club but not a single shred of anything concrete. Even the Independent aren't running with it. Strangely all the Sinn Fein posters have come steaming in here to question the verdict. Wonder why. Is it just the usual anti Garda Sinn Fein impulse or is there some other reason why they want to support him. Anyone actually know what is going on and why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

timthumbni wrote: »
    Wonder will there be a push for a kiddies play park to be named in honour of the convicted “man” in his home turf?

His alibi that he was diesel smuggling/ washing/ sludge dumping at the time just about sums up the area tbh.

He sounds a lovely character indeed judging by the reports. A great loss to society.

Wash him in diesel we know the rest after that , scum bag hope he feels every day in prison is eternity.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Interestingly there is a lot of hints here that he is connected to the Sinn Fein /IRA good republican / very nice man club but not a single shred of anything concrete. Even the Independent aren't running with it. Strangely all the Sinn Fein posters have come steaming in here to question the verdict. Wonder why. Is it just the usual anti Garda Sinn Fein impulse or is there some other reason why they want to support him. Anyone actually know what is going on and why?

Or maybe some of the details are a bit strange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

An honest question for people here,

if you were one of the suspects yet to be brought to trial and were facing 40+ years, would you off yourself? I think I'd buy potassium cyanide or methanol/ethylene glycol and just kill myself.

I've never gotten how criminals are given bail and don't take the opportunity to end their life when they know they're facing a potentially long time.

Then again, many of these crooks aren't the brightest tools in the toolshed.

Because there big men with there guns but haven’t the balls to use them on there self to save us and the state minding them for rest of there useless lives .

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

"We will f***ing kill you, don't move, I will shoot you".

Imagine somebody screamed this at you, moments after shooting your colleague in the face with a shotgun.

Reckon you could recall his height?

I'm just back from a restaurant. Haven't a clue how tall the waiter was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

mr_fegelien drop the repeated suicide insinuations right now if you want to keep posting in this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement