Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I don't get it -- 40 years, meanwhile other murderers get 8-12 years with frequent suspended sentencings...

Why the difference in magnitude? All murderers should get such sentencings if you ask me.

Murderers never get 8-12 years in this country it's mandatory life sentence for murder and it has been since the death penalty was abolished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

from reading this

https://www.thejournal.ie/aaron-brady-murder-trial-contempt-of-court-5174194-Aug2020/

sonya brady should be prosecuted and jailed as well as bradys mrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

If he's really guilty then well done to all involved.
    stupid post . of course he's guilty he was even bragging about it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jesus.

Was it a targeted execution?

It could have well been, and the gob****e handed the shotgun to do it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Defendants certainly get a copy of the entire "the book of evidence" before the trial. All statements*, forensic reports, etc. - even stuff that the prosecution is not going to use in the trial. I'm not 100% sure if it includes copies of video evidence, or just transcripts.

*in this case, I think the prosecution asked the judge to rule that some of the witness statements should be withheld from the defendent, out of fear of intimidation.

According to this, the defendent has the "right to inspect all exhibits mentioned in the list of exhibits." - so he'd definitly get to see the videos, still not 100% sure he'd get a copy.

He would be entitled to get a copy of the videos, he probably requested it if it wasn't automatically disclosed given the seriousness of the case.
    only thing i cant help wondering was why he pulled the trigger

senseless in every way

Because he is clearly a psychopath. No other explanation really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Impossible to know what was going through his mind when he pulled the trigger, but seems like Garda Donoghue wasn't given a chance shot first before any warning. Its frightening.

Then when you look at Brady Facebook he's lived a great life since, comes off as a normal lad when lots of friends (who must have know which is very questionable of why they chose to associate). The murder and the glimpse of his life on Facebook just don't tally. Nor does the robbery and the life of suspect A tally. Needless and totally senseless

I also genuinely believe the Garda wouldn't want to convinct the wrong person for the murder of their colleague.

Also I don't buy the psychopath bit, hes clearly shown remorse of sorts going by witness statements. Genuinely just such a senseless crime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

armaghlad wrote: »
    You honestly think someone that unhinged with ADHD, Aspergers and a penchant for riding animals was genuinely an active member of the provisional IRA? Is this what you actually believe?

Also, what’s with the anti-traveller slurs? Is your remedial level of debate so low that you can’t make a point without using them?

To the first question; 100% yes. That is precisely the kind of person I would expect to be engaged in murder and punishment beatings and Sinn Fein /IRA activity

As to the anti traveller slurs you are so sensitive about I quoted the terms used by you in reply to your post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is the credit union money still being driven round in ordinary cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

Personally i disagree...see what they do to their own in maurice mccabe.....if they put mind to it,to convict someone,they will....evidence deosnt seem necessary anymore

You do realise the gardai don't actually convict anyone??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Personally i disagree...see what they do to their own in maurice mccabe.....if they put mind to it,to convict someone,they will....evidence deosnt seem necessary anymore

The evidence was compelling enough for the jury to convict anyway, no whataboutery will change that.

• Advertisement

There wasnt any actual evidence,he shot the gaurd?

What was it?

Plenty of eye witness evidence he didnt however.....all my adult life ive seen time and again tribunal,inqury and scandel involving gaurds lying....and we are supposed to fall in line and blindly believe them?

Eh..........Him boasting about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What was it?

Plenty of eye witness evidence he didnt however.....all my adult life ive seen time and again tribunal,inqury and scandel involving gaurds lying....and we are supposed to fall in line and blindly believe them?

Apart from his own drunken admissions? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Other than being from South Armagh, why is he being linked to republicanism?

I went to school with lads what boast about all kinds of sh1te,deosnt make it true

What physical evidence exists he shot the gaurd???none and lads falling in line and not qs this and shouting down people raising concerns isnt going to paper over the lack of physical evidence,nor the eye withness evidence describing someone else

Don't have time to explain the accumulation of evidence in the case. His boasting was a tiny part of it. I am certainly convinced and the jury were certainly convinced - and they were not even aware of the campaign of witness intimidation revealed afterwards

Cant understand the huge effort being made by Sinn Fein posters like yourself to pretend poor Aaron was innocent. Would ye not be better off not drawing attention to yourselves. Many already think Aaron is connected to Sinn Fein IRA with no evidence so far but you are only stoking the fires of suspicion - unless of course he is connected and orders have issued to run a fake news campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I went to school with lads what boast about all kinds of sh1te,deosnt make it true

What physical evidence exists he shot the gaurd???none and lads falling in line and not qs this and shouting down people raising concerns isnt going to paper over the lack of physical evidence,nor the eye withness evidence describing someone else

It has all been explained to you over and over again but you don’t want to listen.
    The jury thankfully heard all the evidence, circumstantial as it may be, and after deliberating for over 20 hours had no bother coming to the conclusion that he was involved in the robbery and 11 of them found him guilty murder.

Thankfully they were not knuckle draggers but good responsible members of our society. Loyal and true to truth and to this country.

I heard that Brady never wrote home from the US.
    He’ll have plenty of time to write now.
    Splendid result.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

I have no link to sinn fein,so lets park this nonsense here and now (likely vote indo next time)......conspiracys of fake news just makes you come across as deranged

The only reason,yous cant explain the evidence,is there simply isnt any that he is the trigger man??,while eye witness evidence suggests in isnt

I invite all posters to review your posting history and decide for themselves whether you have "no link to Sinn Fein". Now, lets park this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

These are physical evidence??

Seems to me,going by eye witness evidence of the shooting,he is carrying the can for someone else

At the end of the day, 11 juries sat through all the evidence and decided the man was guilty. I know you have a love for dissident republicans but you either accept the court's decision or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

When you grow up you might get a chance to go on a jury and learn how the system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The obfuscation from some here trying to make this verdict out to be suspect is disgraceful..

There was a lot of evidence here. He was found guilty..

What is it with some these SF/republicans/nationalist elements? They just hate the Gardai, is it?

Are there any pro SF republicans broadly welcoming this verdict?

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    The obfuscation from some here trying to make this verdict out to be suspect is disgraceful..

There was a lot of evidence here. He was found guilty..

What is it with some these SF/republicans/nationalist elements? They just hate the Gardai, is it?

Are there any pro SF republicans broadly welcoming this verdict?

What is the evidence he pulled the trigger?

What is your issue?

Do you think this man was part of the robbery and attack?

Forget triggers, just for now. I’d like to know your stance here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

What was it?

Dodgy Garda evidence has certainly been known to happen. However so far there's no sign of it in this case. I'm not convinced that it would get past the Courts so easily anymore either. The Halcyon days of the Heavy Gang are a long time ago.

For example if you look at the Jobstown Trial, which involved a fairly dodgy prosecution, the Judge in her charge to the Jury specifically instructed them to favour video evidence where the Garda evidence was inconsistent with it. This was a very strong implicit criticism of An Garda. The Jury found all defendants not guilty.

This case is different, with no major issues raised with the evidence advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

You do realise that there doesn't have to be evidence of someone "pulling the trigger" for them to be convicted of murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

From his own big hardman mouth time and time again. We'll see how big a hardman he is now when landed in with the Limerick and Kinahan crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Brady offered zero defence that argued he didn't participate in the robbery. Nothing of substance, Garda did brilliant job breaking down his lies about his wearabouts

Well, do you think he was part of the attack and robbery? Yes or no?

Allinall wrote: »
    You do realise that there doesn't have to be evidence of someone "pulling the trigger" for them to be convicted of murder?

You can even be convicted of murder without a body.

You can even be convicted of murder without a body.

Can even be convicted without pulling the trigger under common design/ common purpose rules which hopefully still applies here and can be used to lock up the other participants for 40 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

ILThe only reason,yous cant explain the evidence,is there simply isnt any that he is the trigger man??,while eye witness evidence suggests in isnt

Maybe you need to move to a different country with a justice system you prefer?

Or maybe you could try and change the justice system here to better suit your ideals. One where murderers can get away with murder more easily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement