Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Brady Guilty as charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Neither here nor there,what i think mate

Just from what i see theres no evidence to say he pulled the trigger,while eye witness evidence suggests he didnt......i dont think anyone should be responsible for actions of someone else

Get your T.D. to try and change the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

davo2001 wrote: »
    40 year sentence for capital murder, i wonder how long he will actually serve, hopefully the whole term but i doubt it.

I hope when he gets out, President Brooklyn Beckham will have married his 18 wife Jardan Kardashian (gender unspecified and grandchild of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West).

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Just from what i see theres no evidence to say he pulled the trigger,while eye witness evidence suggests he didnt......i dont think anyone should be responsible for actions of someone else

there's no getting through to you is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope when he gets out, President Brooklyn Beckham will have married his 18 wife Jardan Kardashian (gender unspecified and grandchild of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West).

And hopefully he’ll be walking like John Wayne after a week long horse trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Effects wrote: »
    Maybe you need to move to a different country with a justice system you prefer?

Or maybe you could try and change the justice system here to better suit your ideals. One where murderers can get away with murder more easily.

You're wasting your time arguing with this guy. He doesn't understand the law and therefore works off what he considers is right in his own head. There are many posters on boards who are the same do better to let them off on their wee rants and conspiracies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

walshb wrote: »
    The obfuscation from some here trying to make this verdict out to be suspect is disgraceful..

There was a lot of evidence here. He was found guilty..

What is it with some these SF/republicans/nationalist elements? They just hate the Gardai, is it?

Are there any pro SF republicans broadly welcoming this verdict?

Those who have cast scepticism on a jury's verdict by claiming that they know better from having read a few online articles are making broad assumptions and generalisations without knowing the full facts.

Equally those who claim that Aaron Brady was in some way supported by or linked to republican ideals are also making some broad generalisations that have no basis in reality. The people living in the area know that these low life criminals are a blight on society. Brady is one amongst others who has terrorised his own people and would have no support other than his fellow gang members. This is what the local SF TD said in response to the verdict.

Sinn Féin TD for Louth Ruairí Ó Murchú has welcomed the conviction of Aaron Brady for the capital murder of Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe.The Dundalk Deputy said: "This is an incredibly good result for the Gardaí, the investigation team, and the prosecution legal team who worked so hard to get this conviction.
    "There was international support for this prosecution, particularly from the law enforcement agencies in America, and I know everyone involved in the case is grateful for their support, which was key.
    "Gardaí, particularly in the Louth Division, have been so badly affected by what happened to Adrian, and later Garda Tony Golden.
    "The community and his Garda colleagues in North Louth where Adrian was murdered have been scarred by this terrible tragedy.
    "Today is a day to thank all those who came forward with information, who made appeals for information, and for those who gave evidence, for their bravery and determination over the last few years.
    "Most importantly, I want to pay tribute to Adrian’s family for the dignity and poise they have shown throughout the last seven years. They have kept his memory alive, kept faith with the justice system, and have not wavered in their pursuit of justice.
    "Today is also a day to remember Adrian, his life and his work. He was a well respected detective and a much-loved friend, husband, son, father and brother, whose memory will always be kept in the hearts of the community of North Louth."

[QUOTE=armaghlad;114291131 It’s the same as this crowd behind all the atm robberies. Keep this mind before you go blaming the provos on everything that happens in South Armagh[/QUOTE]

In the immortal words of Tommy Tiernan, "well it isn't the Mexicans!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This is the crux of it. It's solely down to the jury, not what any of us think.

They've made their determination after considering all the evidence and arguments presented in a 122 day trial. And they did so to the very high standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt".

He’s guilty, no two ways about it, because the only people who can determine guilt (or not) was that jury. And they did. It's literally "case closed".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Allinall wrote: »
    You do realise that there doesn't have to be evidence of someone "pulling the trigger" for them to be convicted of murder?

I'd go even further and suggest that in a large portion of murder convictions, there is no direct evidence for anyone pulling the trigger.

That's more of a thing in films from the US as far as I can tell. Then again, those detective shows are made with big budgets so I can see how some people might think that they're real.

Blaaz,

Do you think he robbed the credit union that night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

That's the future? Lock me up, I don't want to be part of that world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

How come you are so desperate for physical evidence when it suits your point of view.

You keep saying that the witness description was different to Brady. That's not physical evidence but you are relying on it rather heavily.

Contrary to that you believed Brady's own words admitting to the killing aren't valid evidence.

So from your logic either both are valid or neither are valid.
    It's been explained to you already how someone may get the description a bit off when they've just had their friend and colleague executed in front of them without warning and then told they'll be next.

Your suggestion seems to be that if the criminals managed to avoid leaving behind any physical evidence then they're is no choice but to let them off scott free no matter what other evidence suggests or even proves they did it, EVEN if they say they did it themselves!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is there major GAA involvement in helping this guy escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

I’m confused about the leaked video that was circulated. Was it from a Garda station interview room? Who leaked it to begin with?

I saw a video of an interview in an American police station of a relation of one of the other suspects giving information on the case. Probably the same video

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So you have no view at all? Awful silly reply, when you are on disputing it all....

Why then are you on questioning things.....at least give your view...

Do you even have a view on whether or not the man was part of the incident?

Personally i disagree...see what they do to their own in maurice mccabe.....if they put mind to it,to convict someone,they will....evidence deosnt seem necessary anymore

What was Maurice convicted of? Wasn't he cleared after a Garda investigation?

Yes, yes he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

bigpink wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/argus/news/six-months-for-ramming-three-taxis-and-garda-van-35790219.html

Seemed to help him here. 6 months seems awfully light for what he did.

I see Dean Bradley one of the brothers who killed Neil Reilly who was sentenced to life is one of Aaron Brady’s most recent followers on Instagram. Since when can you have a phone inside?

The jury have found him guilty. Your limited knowledge which forms an even more limited view, doesn't okay a part.

He was found guilty, he's guilty. It didn't take 7 years because they had no evidence against him. They did, including his own drunk ass admitting it to witnesses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Privacy

You are in: > DUNDALKDEMOCRAT > HOME

CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURT

The defence case the jury didn't hear, Aaron Brady witness inducement allegationCourt

Eoin Reynolds

12 Aug 2020

Aaron Brady's defence lawyers complained that they were prevented from showing the jury evidence that they said points to a possible campaign to pressurise witnesses into giving evidence against their client.

In particular the defence wanted to introduce evidence that Suspect A for the robbery spoke to Special Agent Matt Katske of the US Department of Homeland Security in July 2017 at Belfast Airport. Mr Brady’s lawyers said that the special agent, who was at the time attached to the American embassy in London, appeared to offer help with citizenship in return for information that would convict Brady.

Suspect A’s brother was under threat at the time of being sent home from the US. In the recording, which was carried out covertly by Suspect A, the special agent can be heard saying: “He’s being removed, he’s going home. I can find plenty wrong with his paperwork. If he puts Aaron Brady away, you will probably never hear from me again... I can’t do anything for him until he commits to doing something for us in this case.”

Retired former detective inspector Pat Marry told the court during legal argument that he first heard of the recording after Suspect A sent it to Special Agent Katske who then passed it on to him.

He said he had not told the special agent to approach Suspect A or anyone else with offers in return for statements. Michael O’Higgins SC for the defence said that if Mr Marry is to be believed then this was evidence of a “maverick” agent behaving in a “bizarre and inappropriate manner” taking it on himself to enter into a bargain in return for evidence against his client. He said the agent indicated there were “great prospects available” for anyone willing to make statements against Brady.

Counsel argued that the jury needed to be aware that Special Agent Katske behaves in this way so that when they look at the evidence of Daniel Cahill “they will know what they are dealing with”. Mr Cahill gave evidence that Brady told him on three occasions that he had shot a garda but the defence claimed that Mr Cahill may have been pressurised by Homeland Security with the threat that he would be deported if he refused to give a statement to gardai.

In that context, Mr O’Higgins said it was necessary for the jury to hear about what was said to Suspect A at Belfast Airport. However, Mr Justice Michael White refused to allow the tape to be played in front of the jury and refused to allow Mr O’Higgins to question Agent Katske about it.

He said the issue was a collateral one and that Daniel Cahill and Special Agent Mary Ann Wade had said repeatedly when cross examined in front of the jury that no inducements were offered in return for Mr Cahill’s statement.

Tags:

tjhook wrote: »
    That's the future? Lock me up, I don't want to be part of that world.

I will have you know that Brooklyn Beckham in the future championed the world diversity games, gains his PhD in Psychology (Retail therapy) and becomes the inventor of the male face bra. His manufacturing/fashion empire will soar after buying out Tesla and Amazon.

Shure who would have believed it if I told you 6 years ago Donald J Trump would be President and running for the second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I see the bit where they said he was a prodigious gAA player. What is the name of Sam maguire has that got to do with anything? The reference also said he was “reliable and trustworthy” though so I would take that whole glowing report with a large dose of salt. Is it supposed to try and sway favour with a GAA loving judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

timthumbni wrote: »
    I see the bit where they said he was a prodigious gAA player. What is the name of Sam maguire has that got to do with anything? The reference also said he was “reliable and trustworthy” though so I would take that whole glowing report with a large dose of salt. Is it supposed to try and sway favour with a GAA loving judge?

Well the border area where I live in N. Louth is a much safer place with this piece of **** locked up. His gang have fled the coop too but will soon be picked up. Locals are absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

timthumbni wrote: »

Some Irish people have this GAA god complex especially in a town like Crossmaglen same with the likes of Ashling Thompson. They think they can do what they want when they want just because they can kick a football or swing a hurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bigpink wrote: »

Not the gaabut perhaps people who know him and happen to be in the gaa

What is the evidence he pulled the trigger?

he was too thick to prove he didn't pull the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

he was too thick to prove he didn't pull the trigger

He didn't have to go so far as prove he didn't pull the trigger. But his defense couldn't even muster a reasonable doubt that he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not the gaabut perhaps people who know him and happen to be in the gaa

Could of course also be in the ICA, members of the Library and other community organisations....but 'the GAA...mutter mutter mutter'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think there is a Prime Time special on this case tonight.

Might not be able to watch at the time it's on, but no doubt there will be comment back here later.

He didn't have to go so far as prove he didn't pull the trigger. But his defense couldn't even muster a reasonable doubt that he didn't.

When 40 years are at play someone needed to sit him down and explain the situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I get the feeling a lot of posters are disappointed at the verdict.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement